1 minute ago, Brick said:

Picked this up during the Steam sale. Gonna play it soon. Need to decide which difficulty to go with. Second lowest, or second highest for a bit more challenge? Hmmm :thinking:

Second highest seems to be the optimal setting for gamers looking for a challenge. I've heard that the hardest setting isn't even that hard though. 

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Second highest seems to be the optimal setting for gamers looking for a challenge. I've heard that the hardest setting isn't even that hard though. 

Leaving Jedi Grand Master difficulty for my second playthrough. Most games I leave the hardest difficulties for if I ever replay again, especially if there's a NG+ in place, which is actually what I did with Spider-Man with Ultimate difficulty, and it wasn't too hard (although that might have been because of all my unlocked abilities, but also because I focused on the story missions, and maybe the combat in the side stuff was more challenging as to allow people who just wanted to play the story to get through it; I remember the combat on my initial playthrough being significantly more challenging, but again I could be remembering side content).

Lucasfilm wanted Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order to be about bounty hunters and blasters

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order would have had a very different name and focus if Lucasfilm got its way when Respawn initially pitched the Force-powered action game. According to game director Stig Asmussen, the company had to be convinced to green-light a game about lightsabers and Jedi.

In a recent episode of the AIAS Game Maker's podcast, Asmussen chatted about the game's development and discussed the difficulties that stem from dealing with the people who control the universes' reins. Lucasfilm was protective, especially of the Jedi. 

"I pitched, 'Hey what if we do a game about Jedi and Force powers,'" he recalled. "They were not super comfortable with that. They threw it back, 'What about blasters or bounty hunters?'"

So Lucasfilm wanted Star Wars 1313?

Are you fucking kidding me! I literally just started playing Jedi Fallen Order, and while it's loading I look at my phone, go to Instagram to the search tab, and the first thing I see is a video playing showing what can only be a major spoiler! What the fuck!?
How the fuck can I avoid shit like that? Even on my YouTube feed I'll sometimes get recommendations for videos that are the ending to games.

4 hours ago, Brick said:

Are you fucking kidding me! I literally just started playing Jedi Fallen Order, and while it's loading I look at my phone, go to Instagram to the search tab, and the first thing I see is a video playing showing what can only be a major spoiler! What the fuck!?
How the fuck can I avoid shit like that? Even on my YouTube feed I'll sometimes get recommendations for videos that are the ending to games.

When you see videos labeled Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order don’t click on them and then precede to watch the entire video 🤷‍♀️

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

When you see videos labeled Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order don’t click on them and then precede to watch the entire video 🤷‍♀️

They autoplay on Instagram, and 90% of the time, on YouTube, the video’s title and/or title-picture is a spoiler.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

They autoplay on Instagram, and 90% of the time, on YouTube, the video’s title and/or title-picture is a spoiler.

I mean I don’t know what to tell him.  He has complained about this very exact thing before. Don’t watch videos on social media if you want to avoid any type of spoiler. It’s not like he doesn’t know this. 

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

^ This. I didn't watch the video, I'm not a fucking idiot. I opened the page, and there it is as the biggest video autoplaying, showing an image I can't help but see right away. How exactly am I supposed to avoid that? 

21 minutes ago, Brick said:

^ This. I didn't watch the video, I'm not a fucking idiot. I opened the page, and there it is as the biggest video autoplaying, showing an image I can't help but see right away. How exactly am I supposed to avoid that? 

If you know that Instagram videos auto play, and you have had games spoiled before, and yet you still log on to Instagram, then yes you are a fucking idiot 

24 minutes ago, Brick said:

Fairly certain if you go into options you can shut off autoplay on most social media.

Not 100% sure though.

54 minutes ago, Biggie said:

If you know that Instagram videos auto play, and you have had games spoiled before, and yet you still log on to Instagram, then yes you are a fucking idiot 

Are you just trying to troll and antagonize me at this point? I've had YouTube thumbnails spoil things for me, but not Instagram I don't think, and even if I turned auto play off, the frozen frame of the video would have still shown me the spoiler the moment I went to the discover tab. 

56 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Fairly certain if you go into options you can shut off autoplay on most social media.

Not 100% sure though.

I've looked, and I don't think you can. You can do it for videos in your feed from the accounts you follow, but not for the ones in the discover tab. 

19 minutes ago, Brick said:

Are you just trying to troll and antagonize me at this point? I've had YouTube thumbnails spoil things for me, but not Instagram I don't think, and even if I turned auto play off, the frozen frame of the video would have still shown me the spoiler the moment I went to the discover tab. 

I've looked, and I don't think you can. You can do it for videos in your feed from the accounts you follow, but not for the ones in the discover tab. 

Not at all. Are you just trying to come off as a dumbass at this point? And I mean if you have had things spoiled by a THUMBNAIL then that’s on you for going to those sites. 

14 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Not at all. Are you just trying to come off as a dumbass at this point?

Then explain to me, oh wise one, how I am supposed to avoid this shit without deactivating my Instagram account, and never going onto YouTube again? There doesn't seem to be any way to filter out these random fan accounts that are probably mostly made by lonely teenagers with account names like "star_wars_super_fans", "followers.of.the.force", "MarvelDCNews", etc. just posting meaningless shit, and "here's my review of X Movie, what did guys think? Leave a comment", "this moment when Character Y did this 😱", and other shit I don't care about by these clickbaity, like whoring, accounts. No way to avoid that when I do want to search for content I care about, or add someone new, and keep up to date with my friends and official pages I follow, not to mention the fact that I need an Instagram account for my actual career. 

But yes, continue to be an ass to me because of people that blatantly put spoilers out in the open just because they need that dopamine drip of likes coming in. 

43 minutes ago, johnny said:

What was the spoiler? 

Spoiler

Cal lying on the ground with his (?) lightsaber through his chest/shoulder area, and I think Vader was there. I looked away as soon as I could, but obviously it was too late. I don't know the context of the scene of course, and I don't want to know it until I get there myself. 

43 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I mean, the games been out for months. So just like with a movie that’s been out for months. Spoilers are kinda open game at this point 🤷🏻‍♂️

No. That is an excuse to avoid any sort of accountability, and I've never agreed with this line of thinking. If the game was three years old, then yeah ok it's been out a while, but when it's still new then no. Just like with movies, people don't always get to them in time, and since games are even longer that a two hour movie you can go see in an afternoon, even if bought right away at launch, not everyone is going to finish it right away. People have lives. Especially this close after Christmas when people will be getting it as a gift, it's just irresponsible to be talking openly about endings, character deaths, cameos, etc. Case in point; this thread is still using spoiler tags, and this is a thread people are coming into specifically to talk about the game. 

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

Reveal hidden contents

No. That is an excuse to avoid any sort of accountability, and I've never agreed with this line of thinking. If the game was three years old, then yeah ok it's been out a while, but when it's still new then no. Just like with movies, people don't always get to them in time, and since games are even longer that a two hour movie you can go see in an afternoon, even if bought right away at launch, not everyone is going to finish it right away. People have lives. Especially this close after Christmas when people will be getting it as a gift, it's just irresponsible to be talking openly about endings, character deaths, cameos, etc. Case in point; this thread is still using spoiler tags, and this is a thread people are coming into specifically to talk about the game. 

I figured that's what it was.... I would have hated to have that moment spoiled for me. i ABSOLUTELY HATE how casual social media is about spoilers.

33 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I figured that's what it was.... I would have hated to have that moment spoiled for me. i ABSOLUTELY HATE how casual social media is about spoilers.

Spoiler

I knew Vader was in the game already because, again, like you said social media and YouTube are far too casual about spoilers, and I wish the companies would address this somehow (like I don't know, a spoiler option/filter uploader could put on so that you as the viewer actually have to click on the video or image to see it), but while annoying I kind of figured he would make an appearance, and I know Respawn wouldn't be able to resist not having Vader appear in a game set during the Imperial days, while playing as s Jedi that survived Order 66, but to see a scene with Cal injured like that, in what I assume is a scene towards the end, probably a fight with Vader, maybe even Cal's death, is frustrating, and infuriating. Ugh. I really don't want to know anything more about it until I get there myself, but I also don't want to rush through the game. 

6 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

It’s almost like we should all agree to just stop caring about spoilers as a society. 

No we shouldn't but whatever floats your boat. I get that some folks don't care about them, what i don't get is the failure to understand why people WOULD care about them. Seems extremely myopic to me that one wouldn't understand how a person would want to experience a story as the author intended without having all of the story turns spoiled for them ahead of time. It also illustrates to me a basic lack of understanding of how narratives work. EA didn't put that spoiler in a commercial until well after the game was released and most folks who were going to play it had played it. It's not like they showed it in trailers BEFORE the game came out because they wanted folks to experience that surprise for themselves. They even recognized that some people would have enjoyed that little sequence a lot more if they had no prior knowledge of it. Like myself.