1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Story question

Reveal hidden contents

what is he talking about?

Spoiler

The bounty hunters that captured you were really tracking HIM for gambling debts or something.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:08 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn how are they sending it to you, carrier pigeon? That's some bullshit.

Lol. It was supposed to arrive tonight, late, but it got delayed again...

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear some of the trolls I deal with on D1P somehow ran the FedEX truck off the road to make sure I couldn't play this :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Lol. It was supposed to arrive tonight, late, but it got delayed again...

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear some of the trolls I deal with on D1P somehow ran the FedEX truck off the road to make sure I couldn't play this :lol:

Someone is failing bad at their Death Stranding playthrough delivering packages.

• Haha 2

so I just finished

Spoiler

Illum and made my way back to dathomir  

I rushed through to the temple as was met with 

Spoiler

A new bounty hunter called chonk or something. 

i got stuck on some geometry and he killed me. When I returned, he was gone. is that a one-chance encounter? 

I’m now on the 

Spoiler

Malicos fight 

and he is kicking my ass. i haven’t had much trouble with boss fights up until him. Also - I think i have to be getting near the end. 

i really don’t want it to end, but I really want to see how this story wraps up. 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Actually just destroyed him. Only used one stim pack. Maybe I was just tired last night. 

edit - and as for my question

Reveal hidden contents

Must be predetermined, because they were both there in my game too. 

yeah if you die to a bounty hunter they bounce. Other than just being random hard enemy encounters I don’t think there is any point to them. No special loot drop or anything. There is a journal entry for each of the three types of bounty hunters, but other than that... I think it’s just to provide a random, small difficulty spike when back tracking through old areas to “mix it up.”  

I 100% the game a few days ago, and really miss it.  I loved exploring in the game, the world design and just finding whole new huge areas when you thought you'd seen it all was really great.  It was by far my favorite Star Wars game ever.  I hadn't played KOTOR yet though, which seems to be most people's favorite.

It did get me more into the Star Wars Universe though, and I plan to play KOTOR now and try some of the other games I've missed as well.

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I 100% the game a few days ago, and really miss it.  I loved exploring in the game, the world design and just finding whole new huge areas when you thought you'd seen it all was really great.  It was by far my favorite Star Wars game ever.  I hadn't played KOTOR yet though, which seems to be most people's favorite.

It did get me more into the Star Wars Universe though, and I plan to play KOTOR now and try some of the other games I've missed as well.

Have you played the Force Unleashed games?

45 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Fuck this piece of shit cheap final boss. Absolute nonsense. 

So the first time I got to that boss, it was late and I damn near broke the controller trying to bet them. I quit the game in frustration and went to bad after failing a bunch of times. Woke up the next morning, fired up the game and beat them on the first try :p. I can give you a couple of tips if you like.

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

Have you played the Force Unleashed games?

Nope.  Only Star Wars games I really remember are Rogue Squadrons and the more recent Battlefront 2 campaign.  Maybe a few of the old SNES games as well, but not much since.  

This game just had all the elements of a game I really love.  

I plan to tackle some other Star Wars games in the orders of their release.  KOTOR and the other back compat Xbox game, the Commando game I'll try next.

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So you buy a new gold subscription and you get your pick of four free games?

I think those are just screen grabs of different months. Every month there are four free games w/ Gold. 

KOTOR is still my favorite Star Wars game. I don’t know if I could play it all the way through today, but I loved the adventure, the locals, growing in power as a Force user. It was the reason I wanted to own an Xbox, and it felt so worth it. KOTOR 2 felt like a good follow up too. KOTOR came released in one of my favorite years for gaming.  

22 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So the first time I got to that boss, it was late and I damn near broke the controller trying to bet them. I quit the game in frustration and went to bad after failing a bunch of times. Woke up the next morning, fired up the game and beat them on the first try :p. I can give you a couple of tips if you like.

Just beat it. 

Spoiler

It was a complete flip from the malicos fight where you have to play defensively. You actually need to be aggressive and use a lot of force push to break her stamina. Once I realized that, I got it done, still wasn’t easy and took me a few more tries. 

Oh....and dat ending :epilepsy:

looking back on what I played this year—this might actually be my GOTY. It hit all the right buttons for me. I haven’t really dove into Outer Worlds yet, but I still don’t see it topping this game for me. 

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

Just beat it. 

Reveal hidden contents

Oh....and dat ending :epilepsy:

looking back on what I played this year—this might actually be my GOTY. It hit all the right buttons for me. I haven’t really dove into Outer Worlds yet, but I still don’t see it topping this game for me. 

You are exactly right regarding your spoiler and was what I was going to tell you :lol:

Spoiler

Slow also works too... you can freeze her and then hit her with special saber attacks which melt her health.

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You are exactly right regarding your spoiler and was what I was going to tell you :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

i did notice 

Spoiler

Slow worked pretty good, but push really allows you to stagger her and strike more smoothly. 

im sad the ride is over. I hope there is DLC. Such a great game. 

It's too bad the game came out right at nomination cut off time for Game Awards.  

It technically qualified by date but because it was out the last day most outlets said they didnt have proper time to consider it.

Regardless its supposedly selling big so far which is great.  Hugely out performing EAs projections.

29 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

100% a 4/10 game makes sense.

Gotta get my money’s worth, and I didn’t have a major issue exploring. After beating the game I dropped the difficulty down to story, so any combat encounter I just fly through. So the part I hate the most is a none issue while I finish everything else. 

I mean, I’m also not so engrossed that I cannot put the game down, otherwise I’d have 100% the game a week ago.