The Boys OT - Getting the Band Back Together (Update: Season 2 premiering Sept. 4)

Slug

I really, seriously hope that next week pays off after all the heads exploding during the Congressional hearing, but at this point it seems clear a lot of this is going to wind up being setup for season 3. I just hope they give some kind of worthwhile payoff before we have to wait for season 3.

15 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

Cindy crossed my mind as well, but she could be just a red herring.  If she's behind it, then she must have been nearby to make Raynor's head explode  in the first episode unless her powers have some great range to them.

Yeah. My theory is they took her out of the asylum and made Raynor's head explode as a test. Maybe under the supervision of Stormfront? It's a loose theory at best. How she ties into being at the hearing has me at a loss though. Honestly I have no idea. lol

Vought is using Cindy to drive home the point that the super villain threat is real and that supes are the way to fight the threat. Pretty obvious at this point that Giancarlo Esposito's character is behind this even without Homelander and Stormfront's knowledge.  Very public terror attack that both silences the threat to the company AND puts the public, and probably some Senators on that committee firmly behind the Supes.

52 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It feels like a season 4 of a show that either ran out of source material or stretching the little left out. 

This is exactly how I feel. I assume Covid fucked with this season like it has with everything but this season really has no direction or momentum at all.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is exactly how I feel. I assume Covid fucked with this season like it has with everything but this season really has no direction or momentum at all.

Production was wrapped before the COVID disruptions started. https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/the-boys-season-2-release-date-amazon-coronavirus-cancelled-delayed

So at most there were post-production delays but not anything that should have resulted in big changes to the season.

Like I said above it just feels like a season that's intentionally just a bridge to the next season.

22 hours ago, Jason said:

Production was wrapped before the COVID disruptions started. https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/the-boys-season-2-release-date-amazon-coronavirus-cancelled-delayed

So at most there were post-production delays but not anything that should have resulted in big changes to the season.

Like I said above it just feels like a season that's intentionally just a bridge to the next season.

I don’t mind transitional episodes or even whole seasons at all. This season really feels like they spread 4 episodes worth of ideas into 8. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

This season was meh, but Maeve showing up for literally kicking the shit out of the Nazi is one of the most satisfying TV moments I've ever seen. 

Yeah that was good.

I love how much of a goober Homelander is. He knows he’s fucking a Nazi but when she starts talking about white genocide even his dumb ass goes, “uuuuuuuuuuuuuh...”

OOC... how did Maeve get there? Does she drive? Jump like the Hulk?

39 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah that was good.

I love how much of a goober Homelander is. He knows he’s fucking a Nazi but when she starts talking about white genocide even his dumb ass goes, “uuuuuuuuuuuuuh...”

Isn’t she sorta Wonder Woman? So I guess I assumed she could jump really far like the Hulk

The way they shot the girl fight was disappointing. Up until now, every fight has been pretty good. But this was just a shakey cam mess. Was one of the actresses just not capable of doing convincing fighting or something? The asian chick (I forget her character name) has been fine in her fights, and so has Maeve. Starlight looked kinda uninspired here, but she wasn't horrible in any previous action scenes she's done. So was it Stormfront who was the lame duck?

Not a bad season considering The Boys is a good show overall. But yea, this season seamed a bit too "set-up-y" .... I just hope it doesn't go the route of Heroes where everyone eventually gets a power and it becomes all talking and no actual action.

On 10/9/2020 at 3:16 PM, Jason said:

This season was meh, but Maeve showing up for literally kicking the shit out of the Nazi is one of the most satisfying TV moments I've ever seen. 

On 10/9/2020 at 6:16 PM, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah that was good.

Yeah 100% the line she delivers before they start kicking the shut out of Stormfront is hands down one of the most “Fuck Yeah!!!” Satisfying things I’ve ever seen on TV. 

The look that Homelander gives when she starts talking about White Genocide was incredible 😂😂

Great episode! The chick fight was fun but as someone mentioned, I wish it had been a little more "cool". It was indeed a shaky cam fight which is meh.

That's definitely not the last we've heard of Stormfront. They way she wasn't dead but neutralized as Homelander puts it. Speaking of Homelander, lordy such a great character. So many layers to hating him. lol

I did not see that ending coming at all. Very curious where this goes now.

PS - Does anyone else hate jump scares in the middle of calm shit? I've come to expect them in this show now but I really don't like them. I knew something was going to happen in the car with Starlight and Hughie and I still jumped when it happened. :cry: