What We Do in the Shadows (FX/Hulu) - Season 5 debuts on 13 July 2023

What-We-Do-in-the-Shadows-e1654536585852
VARIETY.COM

"What We Do in the Shadows" has been renewed for both Season 5 and Season 6 at FX. The news comes ahead of the fourth season premiere. 

“What We Do in the Shadows” has been renewed for both Season 5 and Season 6 at FX. The announcement comes ahead of the popular comedy’s fourth season premiere.

“There’s a lot of life left in our favorite vampires from Staten Island and FX couldn’t be more thrilled to commit to two additional seasons of this phenomenal series,” said Nick Grad, president of original programming for FX Entertainment. “’What We Do in the Shadows’ excels on every level, from the brilliant cast and surprising guest stars to the producers, writers, directors and crew. We can’t wait for everyone to enjoy season four, knowing that the next two are on the way.”

That's kinda/sorta pushing it, I'd say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to What We Do In The Shadows Season 4 (FX/Hulu, 07 July 2022) - renewed for Seasons 5 and 6
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to What We Do In The Shadows Season 4 (FX/Hulu, 07 July 2022) - Season 4 Official Trailer

I'm a huge fan of the first two seasons but I thought S3 fell on its face pretty hard at times. Some of it just felt deflated and downright unfunny although I could tell they were trying. I really hope they turn that shit around with S4 because good lord were the first two absurdly funny. That episode where Colin Robinson turns into mega Robinson and gets a promotion at work is some comedy classic level stuff, I think I've rewatched that episode three times already.

• Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few reviews:

wwditss4.jpg?quality=80
CONSEQUENCE.NET

Time for another season of biting wit (and a creepy man-faced baby) featuring TV's favorite vamps.

l-intro-1656438948.jpg
WWW.SLASHFILM.COM

What We Do in the Shadows season 4 gets things back on course after a weak third season.

what-we-do-in-the-shadows-season-4.jpg?m
WWW.VANITYFAIR.COM

Following a third season that kept much of the central cast apart, the new season of the FX series gets a bit more back to normal— whatever “normal” is on this show, at least.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to What We Do In The Shadows Season 4 (FX/Hulu, 07 July 2022) - first reviews posted
  • 2 weeks later...

Baby Colin without a face to the screen is cute, but “Jesus fucking Christ burn with fire” when he does. Loved the various love making scenes popping into frame out of nowhere. Also love they kept it canon with him asking the Djinn to make them all speak English, since he had forgotten his native tongue (plus handy for acting) Plus does it seem like they are making Gizmo gay with that phone call he was glowing over? Either way, I’m glad they’re back and still funny. 

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

First two episodes dropped yesterday and they were great! The djinn's "sure." whether Nandor's wives go to heaven was particularly funny to me. Love having the show back, and baby Colin is very disconcerting (intentionally so).

The djinn was freakin' fantastic :rofl:

I hope we see more of him this season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The djinn was freakin' fantastic :rofl:

I hope we see more of him this season!

He seriously was the best! We definitely need more of him - a djinn who doesn't give a fuck? Yes please. I think we're down to less than 10 wishes now, I was trying to keep track, I'm sure someone online is.

This show does SUCH an incredible job introducing new characters who keep recurring & solidify themselves into the fabric of what continues to make WWDitS so damn awesome!

Be it the elder Vampire from the old world in S1, the creepy doll, or even the guide. Not to mention all the ancillary, sometimes even one-off characters that just help color in so much more of the show as a whole.

Missed last week's episode, finally watched it, great as usual. Also we got more djinn, which has been great. Some excellent exchanges, including: 

"What hath the dark lord wrought?" Matt Berry is the best.

"Have you seen Rent?

From you?! Not a penny!" made me ROFL hard.

*vampire in the crowd when Richie Suck goes from rapping into observational comedy instead*

"Bring back the jazz!"

All the vampire rap lyrics - I needed so much more. I need the full version of Throat Juice. And let's not forget BItin' My Style and Sundown Funtown. All in all, another funny outing. Also it's pretty obvious child Colin Robinson is becoming more and more an energy vampire without even knowing it. The stuff he talks about are already getting to boring, banal, and mundane levels. Also the irritating "guess what?" is completely on point child behavior. Someone(s) on the writing staff must have a kid.

• Haha 1

Just watched the first episode. I was concerned that this season was going to follow the cast on their various disconnected escapades, and I think it's hilarious how fast they scrapped that for V A M P I R E N I G H T C L U B, which is a great idea.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

I feel like this show is really firing on so many cylinders this season. Bringing the neighbor back, repeatedly no less, is just stellar! The whole world that has been built up over the previous 3 seasons has colored in so many miraculous details into this year!

How much Laszlo loves Sean will never not be funny for me.

• Like 1
  • True 1

I thought this week's was okay. I was on a tv home reno kick for awhile, but they started to feel like a parody of themselves, so maybe that's why it didn't grab me. I would watch them and try to guess what the 'major issue' would be that messed up the budget. I did like the bit when he talked about 

Spoiler

Letting natural light in and everyone was excited, except Guillermo.

Pine Barren is the best Pine Barren episode since The Sopranos. Definitely one of the strongest episodes in the series. I also think the Nandor Laszlo conflict is a direct reference to the Christopher Paulie conflict in The Sopranos episode. 

• True 1

Old news and probably well-known, but I had forgotten all about Mark Proksch's 'K-Strass' pranks. It just popped up on my The Facebook clickbait stuff. Thought I'd share it again. He's always been an Energy Vampire.

dd9cd232f0993a545044a985fa7df41f.png
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

Kenny "K-Strass" Strasser was on a mission to spread environmental awareness and play with yo-yos

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Derek said:

Old news and probably well-known, but I had forgotten all about Mark Proksch's 'K-Strass' pranks. It just popped up on my The Facebook clickbait stuff. Thought I'd share it again. He's always been an Energy Vampire.

dd9cd232f0993a545044a985fa7df41f.png
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

Kenny "K-Strass" Strasser was on a mission to spread environmental awareness and play with yo-yos

I just binged the series for the first time up to the latest episode, and while baby Collin is pretty good, less focus on energy vampire Collin is why I think I don’t like S4 quite as much (still good) as the others. Besides that this season is better than 3, but i realized Collin is by far the funniest part of the show to me. He just nails that persona, which makes sense seeing this and that he’s been doing the same kinda bit for awhile. He truly is an energy vampire, that rules.

• Halal 1

The wife and I binged the last three episodes to finish out the season - thoroughly enjoyed another great season. I will say I did miss Colin as well, they kept him basically out of the season too long, but clearly he'll be back in full force next season. Also, finally the potential of Guillermo becoming a vampire may happen, though my guess is his Van Helsing blood probably automatically kills any vampire who tries to turn him and so I think Derek is dying and Guillermo can never be a vampire but who knows. I look forward to season 5.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

spacer.png

From comingsoon.net

What to Expect in What We Do in the Shadows Season 5?

“In Season 5, Nandor feels his familiar (and sometimes friend) Guillermo slipping away as he seems to be spending much more time with Laszlo, whose skills as a gentleman scientist are put to the test as he tries to solve the mystery of the strange and very secret changes Guillermo is going through,” reads the synopsis. “Nadja, suffering the effects of a previously-undiagnosed supernatural hex, reconnects with her family – or at least, a family – from the Old Country, Colin pursues the path of so many energy vampires before him by running for political office and The Guide tries to figure out where she fits in as the relative newcomer to this tightly-knit group who’ve known each other for centuries.”

• Thanks 2