What We Do in the Shadows (FX/Hulu) - Season 5 debuts on 13 July 2023

59 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Why do that when we have this shiny new one :daydream:

51 minutes ago, silentbob said:

mine didn’t from last week :p

I mean I love new threads too but we have so little traffic on this message board that I have Archer and Big Mouth/Human Resources threads that have now been running for years over multiple seasons, I keep trying to have mods update the OP thread title accordingly. I think having all of the conversation about a specific show all in one place over the seasons is more beneficial/nice/useful than new threads of a show every season when discussion is sparse already at best. At least posts build up in a thread when you keep it all to one thread over time that people can go back and read is my thought. Accumulation of posts in one thread creates substance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to What We Do in the Shadows (FX/Hulu) - Season 5 debuts on 13 July 2023
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched the two-episode season premiere from last week and the show is still firing on all cylinders. It's nice to finally see some plot movement on the Guillermo becoming a vampire or not front as well as having adult Colin back in the regular lineup. Glad to also see The Guide added to series regular and the doll showing up is always good for some laughs.

• True 1
  • Hype 1

I was waiting for someone to respond to this thread. I too enjoyed the first 2 episodes and have serviced the Dollarama at the Woodbine Mall near the Pearson Airport. So that was fun to see them interact within and knowing where they were. I like Guillermo’s issue and wonder if that Van Helsing blood is mucking about. Plus I’m liking the B-Roll footage they opened with for both episodes talking before hitting the cameras for the documentary unaware they’re being recorded. So good start and I liked that the have already had some semi regulars show up. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

I was waiting for someone to respond to this thread. I too enjoyed the first 2 episodes and have serviced the Dollarama at the Woodbine Mall near the Pearson Airport. So that was fun to see them interact within and knowing where they were. I like Guillermo’s issue and wonder if that Van Helsing blood is mucking about. Plus I’m liking the B-Roll footage they opened with for both episodes talking before hitting the cameras for the documentary unaware they’re being recorded. So good start and I liked that the have already had some semi regulars show up. 

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking the Van Helsing vampire hunter blood must have something to do with it. Now Guillermo might be like Blade. 

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Just watched the two-episode season premiere from last week and the show is still firing on all cylinders. It's nice to finally see some plot movement on the Guillermo becoming a vampire or not front as well as having adult Colin back in the regular lineup. Glad to also see The Guide added to series regular and the doll showing up is always good for some laughs.

Agreed. This was a strong opening. 

• Halal 1

I think it's a combination of his heritage & blood as well as the fact that the actual way of turning someone into a vampire was not done correctly. The vampire needs to bite themselves & have the one being changed suckle off of that. The way Gizmo did it, no bueno. However, getting to see The Baron & the Gargoyle was an awesome aside!!

3 hours ago, SoberChef said:

The vampire needs to bite themselves & have the one being changed suckle off of that.

I don’t think we know that in this universe. In fact, when they tested someone being turned twice, no one bit themselves and it was being supervised by two ancient vampires.

On 7/22/2023 at 5:03 PM, Brian said:

Episode 3 is one of my favorites. The speed dating scene had me rolling. 

That episode was definitely one of the highlights of the entire series so far! :rofl:

The episode's three plot threads came together PERFECTLY at the end and Nandor In Space was freakin' hysterical!

• Haha 1

Ah a nice return to funny moment getting blown way out of control and worse but funnier again. Plus we got a sweat poor Gizmo storyline as he keep turning. Cool effect with the mirror, the cross now hurting him but realized that his entire family could Helsing out kill him. That newscast though :lol: