WrestleMania 35 thread

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I saw some people go, "Ronda looked shocked!" but unless a wrestler is knocked out, they usually look shocked at the end. :p 

I read that Meltzer said they debated between a pin or submission, but Rousey doesn't submit, so they went for a pin ending. The only thing I see that may have been "botched" is Rousey having her shoulders up for a second. Otherwise, this seems like an out-of-nowhere reversal for a win which honestly seems like a fine ending.

Yes, her shoulders coming up is the botch. They meant to end it like that but Rousey doesn’t keep her shoulders down for the 3 count. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Yes, her shoulders coming up is the botch. They meant to end it like that but Rousey doesn’t keep her shoulders down for the 3 count. 

Rhonda dating Cena confirmed?

BTW, the better phrasing would then be “there was a botch during the finish”, saying that “the finish was botched” implies it wasn’t supposed to end at that point in the match.

16 minutes ago, elbobo said:

or if they want to keep it a long one day show move it to Saturday 

Anyone remember Wrestlemania All-Day in 2000?

That was actually really cool. I remember getting pissed every time I had to do chores throughout the day, but they went over the history of each Wrestlemania, covered the matches, did interviews with wrestlers who were part of it, etc. etc. Vince was talking about how he couldn't pick a favorite WM, and he was such a babyface during the thing, and then came the heel turn that night lol

But that was one of the few times I liked the length because it gave you something to look at whenever you had time that day and didn't need to be watched live.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Rhonda dating Cena confirmed?

BTW, the better phrasing would then be “there was a botch during the finish”, saying that “the finish was botched” implies it wasn’t supposed to end at that point in the match.

Sorry but the finish was botched 

News going around is that the finish entirely was botched and that Charlotte was supposed to submit to Becky. Word is the ref didn't delay the count between 2 and 3, and Rhonda didn't kick out in time to save the mistake.

The way it ended was better, imo. Humanizes Rhonda, gives her an out since her shoulders weren't down, and Charlotte and Becky can continue with the whole "you didn't beat me" rhetoric.

4 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

News going around is that the finish entirely was botched and that Charlotte was supposed to submit to Becky. Word is the ref didn't delay the count between 2 and 3, and Rhonda didn't kick out in time to save the mistake.

The way it ended was better, imo. Humanizes Rhonda, gives her an out since her shoulders weren't down, and Charlotte and Becky can continue with the whole "you didn't beat me" rhetoric.

Where are you seeing that? All I saw this morning was the shoulder thing possibly being a botch, but could be so Rhonda/Becky can have a 1-on-1 soon.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Where are you seeing that? All I saw this morning was the shoulder thing possibly being a botch, but could be so Rhonda/Becky can have a 1-on-1 soon.

https://www.gerweck.net/2019/04/08/wrestlemania-main-event-finish-rumored-to-be-botched/

According to a report from Pro Wrestling Torch’s Tom Colohue, who talked to several sources within WWE that knew the original plan.

The match was supposed to end with Lynch tapping Charlotte Flair. Here’s what he had to say on the matter. “I’ve been told by different people, in different positions within WWE, that that was the plan. It sure looks like they’ve just botched the main event of WrestleMania. Accidents happen. The ref continued a count after a kick out. He hasn’t delayed between the two and three like they’re supposed to and Becky hasn’t let go in time for Ronda to kick out.”

Separately, Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp is also reporting the same. “The finish didn’t happen as planned. Rousey wasn’t happy after, either. Thought the situation made her look bad, apparently.”

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

the thing is rhonda did get her shoulders up around the two count and then they went back down, the ref just missed it somehow

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

that's some crazy shit, but even without that blocked view, that far away how the hell can you enjoy watching a match

I went to Wrestlemania in 2012 and sat really high up. It's honestly not bad at all; the atmosphere and the company of the audience around you will keep you pumped if it's a good card. In that WM's case, three of the matches were fantastic, and everyone was psyched for Rock vs. Cena with Rock being the hometown darling, so even seeing little specs, I had a blast. :p 

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I went to Wrestlemania in 2012 and sat really high up. It's honestly not bad at all; the atmosphere and the company of the audience around you will keep you pumped if it's a good card. In that WM's case, three of the matches were fantastic, and everyone was psyched for Rock vs. Cena with Rock being the hometown darling, so even seeing little specs, I had a blast. :p 

Yea, a WM crowd has gotta be like 90% smarks :p 

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Yea, a WM crowd has gotta be like 90% smarks :p 

Exactly. It's an international audience and they have a REALLY good sense of humor. I turned to the guy behind me at the beginning of the Cena vs. Rock match and said, "All right, we need to up the stakes so if Rock doesn't win, YOU GET TO PUNCH ME IN THE FACE!" I'm really random in real life, but all of them got that random humor. And then my face was spared due to Rock's win. :lol: 

And then the next night for Raw when the Yes Movement exploded, that audience.... I wish I could be with every single one of them again.

Did anyone else watch Raw? WTF was WWE thinking with that main event? Like, it was obviously going to be interrupted or something but to have it go that way? LOL that was some straight carnie crap and horrible booking. The crowd COMPLETELY turned on that match and it was VERY deserved.

33 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Did anyone else watch Raw? WTF was WWE thinking with that main event? Like, it was obviously going to be interrupted or something but to have it go that way? LOL that was some straight carnie crap and horrible booking. The crowd COMPLETELY turned on that match and it was VERY deserved.

Chanting AEW on a post-mania Raw that should have a higher viewership, hot damn.

BTW, it's been a few years since I watched a post-Mania Raw. I remember the Fuck You Roman chants from 2017. Are crowds still crazy as they were starting in 2012? Every Raw I remember from 2012 through 2014 was through the roof, then 2015 was and then aired out later in the night after the Brock/Rollins match. Didn't watch 2016's, saw that one bit from 2017, and none of 2018.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

What happened? 

I love a good wwe backfire