WrestleMania 35 thread

5 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

The Bar interrupted and it turned into a tag team match. It was fine. The IWC Special Nerd Forces is just riled up. 

No one is “riled up” about it, in fact, anyone who thought that match wasn’t going to get interrupted is a complete idiot or an actual small child. WWE’s booking to do it that way was hysterical because of how badly the crowd turned on it, especially with all the beach balls that suddenly appeared :lol: 

17 minutes ago, johnny said:

What was the match they interrupted 

The show opened with Rollins doing a celebration for beating Lesnar, then Kofi came out and they were both celebrating, then Kofi said something like “Ya know, Becky united the women’s titles last night. I think we should have a match tonight and unite these”. There was like 40 minutes left in Raw when the match started, it went on for about 15 minutes before The Bar came out and interrupted, then, after they fought The Bar out of the ring, Rollins got on the mic and said “let’s restart this as a tag-team match!”... aaaaand the crowd was completely lost at that moment: Bullshit chants, then AEW chants, then CM Punk, random singing, dozens of beach balls suddenly appeared (at one point Cesaro went on a rampage trying to grab beach balls and pop them) - it was amazing :lol: 

I was expecting McIntyre or someone to interrupt and beat them down at the end. Restarting it as a tag match, though? WWE must have been trolling the crowd, because there’s no possible way they expected that match to go over well :lol: 

9 minutes ago, johnny said:

Why the fuck would the bar interupt the match lmao. The only way that could go over well is if you had a big return planned and that person got a huge pop. 

Yea, it was super random. At least McIntyre is set to be Rollins opponent at Extreme Rules in a couple months according to the ad I saw, probably for the title. I figured he would interrupt to get that storyline rolling or something.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Sasha Banks is supposedly trying to quit, partially due to being “blindsided” with her WM match’s finish.

They’ve changed match finishes plenty of times not far out from the event. Is there anything specifically shady? I think it’s better to push other tag teams. Sasha and Bayley don’t need some long ass reign. 

29 minutes ago, johnny said:

They’ve changed match finishes plenty of times not far out from the event. Is there anything specifically shady? I think it’s better to push other tag teams. Sasha and Bayley don’t need some long ass reign. 

Nothing really shady, she expected a long reign to establish the belts (the first champs for the first ever women's tag titles probably should have had a decent run, tbh) while keeping the "promise" they made to defend the belts on all three brands (to build-up the women's tag team division). Immediately after the WM match she (allegedly) asked for her release, officials gave her a few weeks off instead to "think about it more" or something.