Street Fighter V Now With In Game Adds

SimpleG

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Oh, this must be a F2P title!  In that case, I see no real probl...

Wait, this is a full-price game?!?

Unforunately a lot of the game feels like it is a free to play title but you need to pay $60 to get it (well if you don't get it on sale)

Tons of DLC packs, clothing, special Esports stages, and character season passes.

19 minutes ago, Slug said:

Is this really a problem since it's not 3rd party ads?  I mean, it's Capcom promoting SFV DLC and tournaments.  Nintendo does the same thing just with pop-ups instead of costume adverts.

The good thing is you can turn them off. The bad thing is the ads are on the characters themselves not just like a loading screen. The bad thing is if you have the ads on you get more fight money and they bar off access to some material if you don't have it on.

I mean if you care about any sort of artistic integrity in your game and that it's not just a huge ad to get everyone else to buy more stuff then it's a bad thing.

I'm not a fan of SF5. I even bought it twice with the arcade edition. I didn't like that I had to play online to get fight money to unlock stages and characters and outfits. I just get my ass handed to me online. I don't want to have to play a game a bunch to unlock playable characters in a fighter. I know I could pay money to unlock characters but where does that end?

I played SF5 for a little bit with the ad stuff on. It didn't bother me personally burn them I watched a you tube video about the sponsor ads and how it could ruin the aesthetic for some characters and stages which I never saw in my time playing. While not major right now like @Xbob42 said in one key word, yet. Capcom is testing the waters and I'm very vocal about this BS not being games let alone one of my favorite franchises. This crap has got to stay out. I hope that the SF gets vocal like the Battlefront community.

Here's the thing about SFV and the ads. Street fighter is already super fucking tacky as it is. The menus, the music, the characters, the fan service dlc, it's all incredibly tacky. The UI was designed by a team of people who all deeply despise functional menus. With all the design gore that goes on in this game, it's really very impressive that these ads somehow stand out as even more awful than just the status quo. I mean they look downright ridiculous. Visually, it's offensive to the eye and kind of surprising how little Capcom cares for its own character design that they'd mar them with this garbage. 

And this is just from an aesthetic standpoint, nevermind the slippery slope of these ads in the first place. 

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

Visually, it's offensive to the eye and kind of surprising how little Capcom cares for its own character design that they'd mar them with this garbage. 

You mean how Dhalsim wears skulls of children from his village that died from the plague?

2013646.jpg

Didn't stop 'em from poppin' one of these bad boys on there!

31 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

You mean how Dhalsim wears skulls of children from his village that died from the plague?

2013646.jpg

Didn't stop 'em from poppin' one of these bad boys on there!

Yeah, that's a pretty good example of the tasteful and subtle style Capcom is going for with this.