The Mariners

thewhyteboar

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

For all you WAR junkies, guess who now leads in that category?

Mookie for MVP, y'all.

Especially considering that he has much lower PA's than the other two. He would definitely be the MVP if the season ended today.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Many would disagree. 

I wouldn't give it to him, personally, since he's a DH most of the time, but he's proven himself invaluable to the team. 

He certainly has been. Nice to have unlimited funds to spend on players.

15 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

The Mariners aren't dead yet! Nice 4 game sweep of the Astros.

Couldn’t feel happier about my team getting dunked on. That’s what they deserve for the Osuna move.

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

Urena only got 6 games. Such a dumb decision. Should have been at least 30.

It’s suuuuuiiuper dumb for a starting pitcher to only get 6 games.

3 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

baseball players are smart

Trash. That guy on the brewers got a standing O after all that racist shit he said got brought up. Baseball fans suck and the players always get away with shit like this. Let a black nba player do something and see the reaction from conservatives calling for his head. 

What're we supposed to do? He posted something stupid 6 years ago. It's dumb, but there's worse. I don't like his view on guns, but am I supposed to crucify him? Demand he be fired?

I wasn't even that bothered by the Brewers pitcher. He said some awful stuff as a teenager. By all accounts, that's not who he is anymore. I changed a lot from my teens going into adulthood and I'd hate to be judged today for something shitty I said as an ignorant kid. 

Well, you know what? Despite my constant differences with my parents regarding their shitty views on race, I still had some shitty views of my own back then as a result from being pounded with that shit all my childhood. 

I still wouldn't want to be judged as a person today for shitty stuff I said and believed back then. I got away from that toxic environment. I evolved.

I'm not gonna give the guy a standing O, but I'm not gonna  crucify him, either. I've never even heard of him before all this stuff came out.

Please climb down from your high horse.

On 8/30/2018 at 7:40 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, you know what? Despite my constant differences with my parents regarding their shitty views on race, I still had some shitty views of my own back then as a result from being pounded with that shit all my childhood. 

I still wouldn't want to be judged as a person today for shitty stuff I said and believed back then. I got away from that toxic environment. I evolved.

I'm not gonna give the guy a standing O, but I'm not gonna  crucify him, either. I've never even heard of him before all this stuff came out.

Please climb down from your high horse.

Look at how Trea Turner responded. That's how you do it.

43 minutes ago, Jose said:

Look at how Trea Turner responded. That's how you do it.

Unless I'm missing something, their responses were pretty similar? I didn't watch any of then speak, but didn't they both apologize, say their tweets were inexcusable, and certainly don't reflect who they are today? I thought both guys showed real contrition. 

Like I said, feel free to correct me if I've missed something. 

And what those guys did was on a totally different level than what JD posted. His was more just ignorant right-wing nonsense.