Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 5:02 PM, Biggie said:

@mo1518  @bladimir2k  @Bruizza  @eggydoo   @brazil201  @Mark  y'all still play this shit?

what's up biggie... really don't come here anymore.... a lot of us stopped playing this past summer... A lot of us got burnt out on the game and it's season pass format... I'm really just currently working on my backlog of games that i missed because i played a bunch of destiny... lol.... how about you?

12 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

what's up biggie... really don't come here anymore.... a lot of us stopped playing this past summer... A lot of us got burnt out on the game and it's season pass format... I'm really just currently working on my backlog of games that i missed because i played a bunch of destiny... lol.... how about you?

Hey bruh! Nah I was just wondering if y’all played. I have been playing here and there but it’s such a huge time sink. Whenever I get the itch for that good Bungie FPS I’ll jump on but no where near the amount of time I used to play. Good to hear from ya. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Hey bruh! Nah I was just wondering if y’all played. I have been playing here and there but it’s such a huge time sink. Whenever I get the itch for that good Bungie FPS I’ll jump on but no where near the amount of time I used to play. Good to hear from ya. 

Yeah..... over this past year I personally stopped playing it less and less... i think it was the same with everyone else.... pretty sure by the middle of the summer everyone had completely stopped... I have loaded it here and there a few times since.. just to catch up on the story, but im paying no attention to it. It's not the same.

21 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I've been playing this season, but now that I've guilded Conqueror and got the seal there isn't anything new until the 30th anniversary event.

luckily just few short weeks away. 

On a disappointing note, it’s been announced by MS that the three expansions, Forsaken, ShadowKeep, and Beyond Light will be leaving Game Pass on 12/8. So Game Pass players that never bought those expansions will lose access to some things. The stasis Subclass being one of them. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Destiny 2 is that game that loves to hate me. I keep up to date on expansions, and I play it enough that I should know what's going on, but seriously, every time I play the game I'm completely lost. I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing; I just like to pew pew as much as I'm capable. Lately, I've been running the Xur missions every time I sign on because it's a team-based mission that I at least understand (even if I don't understand why I'm actually doing it). They REALLY REALLY need some kind of tutorial to work with the game as you're playing it so you actually understand what you're supposed to be doing. Right now, I sign in and feel like I'm playing one eighth of what the game is designed to do.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Brick said:

The Legend version of the campaign really isn't all that hard. Anyone thinking it would be frustrating can rest assured. I am just playing it by myself though, so who knows how it scales with more people.

yeah, if I were to sum it up, I’d say everything feels dangerous, but (at least so far) nothing feels oppressive when playing on Legendary. 

apparently while it does scale when playing with friend, it isn’t 1:1 if you have a three person fire team. But I do wonder the scale. Some games kind of miss the mark when they do that and it is harder for two people than if both were solo (to the point it isn’t fun), but with three it’s the easiest way to play it. 

21 hours ago, Brick said:

The Legend version of the campaign really isn't all that hard. Anyone thinking it would be frustrating can rest assured. I am just playing it by myself though, so who knows how it scales with more people.

I been playing with clan/irl friends and it scales to how many people and revives are VERY limited 

13 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I been playing with clan/irl friends and it scales to how many people and revives are VERY limited 

The beginning of the 4th mission kicked my ass with the two tanks. I'm interested in seeing how it scales with more people. I'll look for people to play with when I replay it on my Hunter and Titan for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

After beating the campaign last week I can definitely say that this is the best campaign Bungie has made in Destiny. Legendary is the way to go for any veterans as it gives a good balance between challenge and fun without being frustrating, and it's rewarding. The story is great and setting up some very interesting things for the future. I haven't done the new Raid yet, but I'm looking forward to putting together a team to tackle it. 

On 3/7/2022 at 8:21 PM, Brick said:

After beating the campaign last week I can definitely say that this is the best campaign Bungie has made in Destiny. Legendary is the way to go for any veterans as it gives a good balance between challenge and fun without being frustrating, and it's rewarding. The story is great and setting up some very interesting things for the future. I haven't done the new Raid yet, but I'm looking forward to putting together a team to tackle it. 

my only issues with the Legendary campaign were how long some of the major encounters were, with no checkpoints throughout it. With the beefed up health of the enemies each encounter can feel more like an endurance test. 

You just chip chip chip away at all the enemies, so you can focus on the boss. Take off a third of its health, it goes immune, then the next waves of enemies come in. Repeat until boss is dead. It can feel like it takes forever, and death only feels more punishing the further into the fight you die. 

makeover, what the game doesn’t tell you, is after each major encounter where you get two chests at the end it does check point you. Some missions feel so long, they almost feel longer than a Dungeon. The first mission especially. I thought if I left for a break I’d have to start chapter 1 from the beginning. But you don’t. It has a “start from checkpoint” like a Dungeon or Raid. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What the fuck is this game?

I got through the kind of tutorial, talked to all the people at the NPC hub, went to some planet, got confused about where I was supposed to go for my quest, and logged off. When I logged back on the game asked me whether I'd like to play the story mission on normal or legendary. I played through what felt like a whole mission, got some loot, and immediately led into what I think was another mission. I logged off, logged back on later on another planet, was told to do another quest, and here I am. Whenever I log on I'm somewhere I've never been being told to do something I have no context for.

Also, the map is the most inscrutable thing I've ever seen.

What am I actually supposed to be doing?