Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:
3852689-e5st9dpweainh5p.jfif.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

Destiny 2 developer Bungie is teasing a very lethal truth for next month's The Witch Queen showcase event.

Wonder what direction they are going to take it once we've killed Savathun and Xivu Arath. Most of the hive hierarchy will be dead, except for the Worm gods.

We've made peace with a house of eliksne and the rest of the houses seem scattered at best. Scorn aren't really in much better of a position.

Cabal lost their homeworld and Caiatl lost her challenge to the last city.

The Vex are doing normal vex stuff? Simulating

Seems like our enemies are growing thin.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I read they're adding crafted weapons in the expansion.

yeah, they announced it in their live stream reveal. Not much in detail yet. Other than “the more you play with a weapon, the more powerful it becomes” or something like that. Which makes me think it will be similar to upgrading a weapon in Destiny 1. You have to grind kills or XP on the weapon to unlock/upgrade the perks on the weapons. 

so it would be like, yes you can just make you god roll. But you won’t have it immediately, and it will come with its own kind of grind. If RNG is with you, you could still get your god roll faster from a drop or engram. 

Lots of exciting stuff coming. Weapon crafting could make grinding for desired rolls more bearable. Lots of new dungeons / raids. Raid rotations. New weapon types, new enemies

The promise of a Halo / Titanfall 2 / Doom style campaign is exciting, though I'd be very surprised if we get quite that much content.

21 hours ago, eventide11 said:

So what is the best way to get your light up if you're getting back into this game?

If you are well under 1250, probably Public Events on planets. The EDZ is often the most populated, so having multiple people with you makes them easy to make Heroic and finish quickly. They often reward a blue item or higher and can have engrams drop also. This will increase you power level little by little, but faster than other activities since you can quickly travel from Public Event to public event. 

If a public event is not set to start anywhere you can do a quick list sector for a reward. 

Save doing activities that reward “Pinnacle” engrams until you’re in the 1300s. Preferably 1320+, as at that point they become the only engrams/rewards to increase your power. 

23 hours ago, eventide11 said:

So what is the best way to get your light up if you're getting back into this game?

If you're really low, you can do pretty much anything. I don't think there's any particular reason to grind something really hard just to get your light up. If you really want to, I think grinding Gambit works well because you kill lots of ads, get plenty of loot after matches. Right now gambit is pretty quick, and with the new rep system winning matters a lot less.

Still, if you haven't played in a while and you pick up the current season, you probably have exotic quests or other random things to complete, and if you just keep working on those things, you'll be increasing your light level pretty consistently. There isn't a whole lot you need a high light level for right now, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

6 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Im enjoying the new event. Its going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng season though. 

Hey question. If I’m going to get an expansion do you recommend the Deluxe Edition? Seems like it comes with a lot. And it’s currently on sale. I’ve been playing all weekend and Bungie done got it’s hooks into me again. 

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Hey question. If I’m going to get an expansion do you recommend the Deluxe Edition? Seems like it comes with a lot. And it’s currently on sale. I’ve been playing all weekend and Bungie done got it’s hooks into me again. 

If you think you'll stick it out and play seasons 16-19 then yes. Get all the additional goodies, plus access to the 2 new dungeons coming.

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

If you think you'll stick it out and play seasons 16-19 then yes. Get all the additional goodies, plus access to the 2 new dungeons coming.

Ok so if you purchase the add-on does it just unlock in-game or do you have to actually download it? I bought it but nothing downloaded it just says purchased. 

17 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Ok so if you purchase the add-on does it just unlock in-game or do you have to actually download it? I bought it but nothing downloaded it just says purchased. 

You download the full game regardless of what you own. So once the season or dungeon is released you will get access to it.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Biggie said:

I see you bought it, good purchase if you got it on a sale for sure.  Nothing worse then being locked out of content. 

On 8/28/2021 at 6:24 PM, BasemntDweller2 said:

Im enjoying the new event. Its going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng season though. 

yeah. Think the 30th anniversary thing is meant to be something like a season within a season. Some things will be available to all players, but a bunch will be behind a $25 paywall. I do wonder how much actual content will be a part of it, since it’s $15 less than the expansion and $15 more than a season. 

3 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

yeah. Think the 30th anniversary thing is meant to be something like a season within a season. Some things will be available to all players, but a bunch will be behind a $25 paywall. I do wonder how much actual content will be a part of it, since it’s $15 less than the expansion and $15 more than a season. 

I just hope that the price is mostly for the content and less for the cosmetics. Even as someone that never buys cosmetics in any game, I'm always shocked by how much cosmetics are in D2. I assume it's because people are willing to pay the prices.

Of course, because it has any content, I'll end up buying it.

I too have been wondering how much will be included to justify the $25 price tag. There will be the six player activity, but that's free for all players, so really the paid stuff so far will be the three player dungeon which I'm guessing will reward Gjallarhorn and its catalyst, and the themed cosmetic, weapons, and armour. They did say "and more" on their website, but I wonder what that is, and when they will reveal it. 

Other than the slightly themed Halo universal ornaments seen here

spacer.png

Doesn't seem to be anything else Halo themed coming like say the assault rifle or energy sword. We know Phil Spencer is a huge Destiny fan, so he'd probably be down to collaborate with Bungie, but I wonder if maybe Sony is blocking any sort of deal because they don't want what is basically a promotion of their competition's flagship franchise also appearing on their platform, although Master Chief is in Fortnite, but maybe since that game is basically open to anything and anyone, and Kratos is also in it, but Bungie wouldn't have anything specifically tied to Sony to include in the pack to "even it out" they blocked anything super Halo related included in this 30th Anniversary pack. I hope I'm wrong. It would be cool seeing something Halo in it. 

17 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I just hope that the price is mostly for the content and less for the cosmetics. Even as someone that never buys cosmetics in any game, I'm always shocked by how much cosmetics are in D2. I assume it's because people are willing to pay the prices.

Of course, because it has any content, I'll end up buying it.

yeah, for all we know “much more” on the list of things for the anniversary pack could mean a couple exotic weapon ornaments, or ship, and a ghost shell.  

Im one of those people that has and does pay real money for cosmetics. I do spend bright dust (free currency) on stuff, but occasionally I’ll actually spend some money. Not all are put up for brightdust, like finishers. 

I wonder if the “much more” is also to not over promise, as some things they have planned may not be finished yet. I doubt they will have a strike locked behind a paywall, but it could be a second dungeon. Or maybe there will be a strike behind a paywall. Maybe a social space just for those that payed for the pack. Or maybe even an area similar to the Tribute Hall to fill with trophies, access to our bank, post master, fill up on ammo, and test out damage/weapons on simulated enemies. Yeah that would be nice! A new and better, Bungie themed Tribute Hall would make it feel more worth the price. 

see, now I’m gonna be disappointed, because I want a Tribute Hall, and we’re probably not getting one. 

Also, just an FYI, but it has been reported although not exactly highlighted by Bungie, that the Witch Queen expansion will not be included on GamePass. Nobody is saying all that is currently in GamePass is being removed from GamePass, just that the new Expansion will not come with GamePass. 

obviously if you want to wait to see if that holds true by its release, you’ve got plenty of time until 2/22/22. You don’t have to rush out and buy anything yet.