Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill Are Officially Out as Batman & Superman

28 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Keaton never really nailed the physicality of Batman... he was too short, couldn't turn his neck and his fight scenes were shit. Plus his Batman was a hybrid the Adam West campy Batman of the 60's and the modern age Batman post Dark Knight Returns and Year One. 

Bale's Batman was closer to the modern interpretation of Batman, but lacked the scientific and Detective skills of comic Batman. Did Bale's Batman really seem like a guy who planned ahead? 

Affleck's older, more world weary Batman was the closest to how Batman is portrayed in the comics currently. A paranoid loner who hopes for the best but plans for the worse, is scientifically gifted and a brilliant detective. Plus he moved and fought like... Batman.  That's what I'm talking about. NONE of the Batman on screen have been perfect. But Affleck's comes the closest to how he's portrayed in the current comics in my opinion despite the quality of the movies he's been in.

EDIT:  Amy Addams is done as Lois Lane and let's slip that "They are revamping the DCEU"

Good. Amy Adams was miscast anyway. But at least she was better than cardboard Kate Bosworth. :shrug:

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Keaton never really nailed the physicality of Batman... he was too short, couldn't turn his neck and his fight scenes were shit. Plus his Batman was a hybrid the Adam West campy Batman of the 60's and the modern age Batman post Dark Knight Returns and Year One. 

Bale's Batman was closer to the modern interpretation of Batman, but lacked the scientific and Detective skills of comic Batman. Did Bale's Batman really seem like a guy who planned ahead? 

Affleck's older, more world weary Batman was the closest to how Batman is portrayed in the comics currently. A paranoid loner who hopes for the best but plans for the worse, is scientifically gifted and a brilliant detective. Plus he moved and fought like... Batman.  That's what I'm talking about. NONE of the Batman on screen have been perfect. But Affleck's comes the closest to how he's portrayed in the current comics in my opinion despite the quality of the movies he's been in.

EDIT:  Amy Addams is done as Lois Lane and let's slip that "They are revamping the DCEU"

Keaton, the sword fight in the alley was done well enough, as was the fight against the big goon in the cathedral.. just dont ask Keaton bats to show u his arms

Bale, planning and detective work... he did investigations to get info from flass about the drugs, scoped out the house in the narrows, took on Ras on Train with gordon as backup in tumbler....

used irradiated bills to track mob money... was so genius that he got fingerprint off a bullet in a method so convoluted scholars still trying to decipher it... knew all the cops by name and had general knowledge of them... the Lau capture was well synchronized... Pruitt building takedown was done on the fly to save lives...

What Bale needed was a better fight/action choreographer.. and a friend good enough to slap him out of that dark knight voice..

Affleck Batman.. well I accept his state of mind and why he acts the way he does.. there just wasnt enough "true" batman in there for me... he deserved a better film.. I dont count Justice League (just imagening his stupid fangirl fawning when Superman arrives at the final battle)...🤢

i guess I would still choose Bale, but put Affleck in the Dark Knight and its perfect..

I still insist Dark Knight Rises is a clusterfuck of missed opportunities.. Bane and Catwoman are the only redeeming parts.. Well that and "Risen from Darkness on the soundtrack

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

An accountant figured out who Bale's Batman was... an accountant. Think about that and come back and tell me he's a guy who "plans for every contingency." :lol:

Well he didnt exactly figure it out cause he heard Bruce Wayne cough.. he was digging into the files of the Company digging for stuff... its a plausible thing that makes sense...  its an alternate way of addressing questions as to why nobody at Wayne company recognizes the vehicle, its no more a silly situation than where a man builds an entire suit of armor in a cave with no tech beyond plot armor of hes a genius...  plus if he planned for every contingency there would be no movie all crime is solved 🤔

1 minute ago, 5timechamp said:

Well he didnt exactly figure it out cause he heard Bruce Wayne cough.. he was digging into the files of the Company digging for stuff... its a plausible thing that makes sense...  its an alternate way of addressing questions as to why nobody at Wayne company recognizes the vehicle, its no more a silly situation than where a man builds an entire suit of armor in a cave with no tech beyond plot armor of hes a genius...  plus if he planned for every contingency there would be no movie all crime is solved 🤔

It fits this Batman and the more realistic and grounded approach Nolan took in making these films sure... and I don't dispute that. Which is why I said Affleck's Batman is closer to the comic book version  who would have never been that sloppy and would have planned for some thing like that. Again.... my initial statement was Affleck's Batman is the closest to the comic book version. Not that he was the most "realistic" version.

But didnt u say he was closest to comic book batman cause he was

"A paranoid loner who hopes for the best but plans for the worse, is scientifically gifted and a brilliant detective."

I listed examples of that but now its just realistic but not comic accurate.. the hell?

Either way, Affleck is a big loss (on par with losing Cavill), I had hoped he'd have enough enjoyment from the role to get us that Reeves film made.. thats a big missed opportunity..

1 minute ago, 5timechamp said:

But didnt u say he was closest to comic book batman cause he was

"A paranoid loner who hopes for the best but plans for the worse, is scientifically gifted and a brilliant detective."

I listed examples of that but now its just realistic but not comic accurate.. the hell?

Either way, Affleck is a big loss (on par with losing Cavill), I had hoped he'd have enough enjoyment from the role to get us that Reeves film made.. thats a big missed opportunity..

Holy shit... I never said anything about "comic accuracy". I said he was the closest to the comic book interpretation of the character and I gave reasons why I thought he was. Bale's Batman wasn't close to the comic interpretation because it was never intended to be. Nolan never wanted an "Uber Batman" who could take on Galactus with enough planning and prep time so he didn't portray him that way deliberately. Snyder and Affleck's Batman was literally pulled from The Dark Knight Returns. Like LITERALLY. That doesn't make Nolan and Bale's Batman inferior in any way. Just that he's "NOT AS CLOSE TO THE COMIC"  As Affleck's Batman. Does he have characteristics inherent to the character? Sure. But they were distilled through a "real world" lens designed to ground the character in a believable world which was Nolan's approach to the character. Again, nothing wrong with that, but they deliberately moved away from the more comic-booky elements of the character. Snyder and Affleck didn't. Which is why I made my initial statement. If you disagree... cool. 

I would agree with @skillzdadirecta that Afflecks Batman was by far the closest to a true comic book representation of Batman we’ve gotten. I enjoyed his take on it a lot. Even though Bales Batman did do some planning and detective work it really all felt more of a side thing. I dunno it’s hard to describe. Never at any point did it feel like he actually was a brilliant scientist or detective he just kinda did some stuff to move the story forward. I had no issue with it because that’s not what his Batman was about. Like Skillz said Nolan’s Batman and that entire world was about grounding the Suoerhero in a real life setting. As people said when The Dark Knight game out. You can take Batman out of that movie and it’s still a great crime drama. Affleck on the other hand, they made those aspects of character central to it. He beats Superman because of those things. Not saying one is better than the other(although I think Affleck did the best job of nailing both Bruce and Batman) just that Afflecks is the closest to the comics which was cool to finally see. 

Batman’s borderine supernatural ability to plan ahead is one of the silliest things about how he’s been written for a while now. It’s... dumb.

Batman does some good detective work in the Nolan movies, he’s just not a precog, which is more in line with how someone with a pathological need to be Batman should behave anyway. :p

54 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I would agree with @skillzdadirecta that Afflecks Batman was by far the closest to a true comic book representation of Batman we’ve gotten. I enjoyed his take on it a lot. Even though Bales Batman did do some planning and detective work it really all felt more of a side thing. I dunno it’s hard to describe. Never at any point did it feel like he actually was a brilliant scientist or detective he just kinda did some stuff to move the story forward. I had no issue with it because that’s not what his Batman was about. Like Skillz said Nolan’s Batman and that entire world was about grounding the Suoerhero in a real life setting. As people said when The Dark Knight game out. You can take Batman out of that movie and it’s still a great crime drama. Affleck on the other hand, they made those aspects of character central to it. He beats Superman because of those things. Not saying one is better than the other(although I think Affleck did the best job of nailing both Bruce and Batman) just that Afflecks is the closest to the comics which was cool to finally see. 

THANK YOU. That's the point I was making exactly.

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Batman’s borderine supernatural ability to plan ahead is one of the silliest things about how he’s been written for a while now. It’s... dumb.

Batman does some good detective work in the Nolan movies, he’s just not a precog, which is more in line with how someone with a pathological need to be Batman should behave anyway. :p

Blame Frank Miller and Grant Morrison for that... :p Frank started it with Dark Knight Returns and having Bats beat Superman with planning and forethought. Morrison took the concept to the extreme and really went all in with the concept of the "Uber Bat" who could single handedly take down the Justice League if he wanted to. I like the idea that a normal human would have to be REALLY smart and devious to be able to play in a world with dudes that can toss planets around, but they had Batman beat the shit out of Darkseid... SEVERAL TIMES :| The one time Captain America fought Thanos toe to toe, he got his shield broken along with his neck :p Great last stand though.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

The Justice League: a bunch of superheros and the rich guy they let hang out with them because he pays for all the costumes.

• Haha 1

Any reasoning for Batman beating Superman is dumb. I hate the “if Batman has time to plan he can beat anybody!” Thing comic book fans constantly say because the writer wanted Batman to win in whatever fucking comic it is. He’s great as his own thing in his world. I hate these Batman vs VERY STRONG SUPERNATURAL BEING discussions ending with people actually picking Batman. 

This is essentially why a batman vs Superman movie can never work unless Superman absolutely beats the shit out of him for 2 hours. Batman couldn’t even beat Spider-Man or iron man. He’s not touching Superman. 

3 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

People just like Batman more than all the other DC characters and because he's human they want him to be best because they're projecting

Yeah probably doesn't have anything to do with most of the other DC characters being super lame or irrelevant in pop culture.

5 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

People just like Batman more than all the other DC characters and because he's human they want him to be best because they're projecting

We'll he's probably the most "Marvel-like" of all the DC characters who were created in a different time and had to be retconned into being relatable. I'm not the biggest Batman fan in the world but it's quite a stretch to poo-poo the character's popularity and appeal.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

We'll he's probably the most "Marvel-like" of all the DC characters who were created in a different time and had to be retconned into being relatable. I'm not the biggest Batman fan in the world but it's quite a stretch to poo-poo the character's popularity and appeal.

My friends kid favorite superhero is Batman! He will lose his mind when he sees all the different Batmobiles i bought him for Christmas.