RIP in Peace, Dead Space 2 Remake

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

EA confirms that they weren't even working on a Dead Space 2 remake :sickos:

WWW.IGN.COM

EA has shut down rumors that EA Motive considered a Dead Space 2 remake before shelving it due to low sales of the previous game, saying there's "no validity" to the reports.

lmao that is funny because ya when the story hit I saw Grub and just assumed it never existed and he was essentially canceling his own rumor 

Per Mr. Grubb:

I give you my permission to believe EA if you want, but whenever a company says "that isn't true" but they don't specify which part of the story they are talking about, well ... yeah. 

Dead Space 2 was definitely being planned. It had a code name. And they aren't making it now.

EA needs to buy a successful hit, milk the fuck out of it, expand, rebrand every studio the same name. Promote the studio heads to executive positions thinking they are responsible for the team's success, milk milk milk, politics, executive game of thrones, layoff the team, blame them. Blame the franchise. Sign deals with licensed products, let same bad execs make it expensive and dumb. Layoff the team again, declare your love for original IP. Repeat. 

Wonder if it was worth it for Grubb on this one. True or not it’s not like the most vital piece of info to throw out there and now he’s done gone and poked the bear. I guess he still pry has his source regardless so maybe he doesn’t care. 

18 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Wonder if it was worth it for Grubb on this one. True or not it’s not like the most vital piece of info to throw out there and now he’s done gone and poked the bear. I guess he still pry has his source regardless so maybe he doesn’t care. 

It's a rumor about an unreleased video game, not a fucking war secret.

• Haha 2
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

It's a rumor about an unreleased video game, not a fucking war secret.

Yeah and video game companies are notorious for not being petty and dealing silly retaliatory action over perceived slights.  

3 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Yeah and video game companies are notorious for not being petty and dealing silly retaliatory action over perceived slights.  

I don't think Grubb gives a shit about early access to FUT 2025. Also, anyone who does this kind of reporting just gets their copies of games (which is pretty much the only "retaliation" any publisher can realistically enact) from someone else in the industry.

Jason Schreier: ‘Dead Space’ Franchise Is Officially On Hold at Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Inc. put the Dead Space series on ice for the second time, despite the release of a critically acclaimed remake last year that appeared to give new life to the troubled video-game franchise.

Although news that the sci-fi horror series was shelved came out this week, EA made the decision as early as last spring, according to people familiar with the project. Hopes for a new Dead Space game at EA were derailed after sales of the remake missed the company's expectations, said the people, who asked not to be identified because they weren't authorized to speak publicly.

After finishing the Dead Space remake, which was released in January 2023, a small team at the Electronic Arts subsidiary Motive spent a few months conceiving ideas for a new entry in the series, said the people. But those plans were never given a greenlight and fizzled before they could get very far. Since last summer, that team has instead been exploring other ideas while the bulk of the developers who worked on Dead Space moved to different projects.

Jeff Grubb will now accept your apologies.

• Hugs 1

DS1 Remake was/is a FANTASTIC remake of a Fantastic game period. I don't understand what make the remake a "Success" but I was under the impression that it did very well. They couldn't have thought it would have better sales than the original could they?

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

DS1 Remake was/is a FANTASTIC remake of a Fantastic game period. I don't understand what make the remake a "Success" but I was under the impression that it did very well. They couldn't have thought it would have better sales than the original could they?

With EA it's certainly possible.