Supreme Court wants $19.4 million in new funds to protect the justices and their homes

I mean, they deserve protection.

this board likes to hate them, but in today’s environment they definitely need them. 

people keep talking about their awful decisions, but I don’t see them making many. Killing Roe was awful, but when you listen to constitutional lawyers, it was probably the right decision legally. There was nothing in the constitution that supports the original decision of Roe V Wade. Abortion should have been codified into law in 2009, but you couldn’t even get the DNC to support gay marriage back then. 

Otherwise they haven’t really made any bad decisions, just decisions the left doesn’t like.

50 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

but when you listen to constitutional lawyers, it was probably the right decision legally. There was nothing in the constitution that supports the original decision of Roe V Wade. Abortion should have been codified into law in 2009, but you couldn’t even get the DNC to support gay marriage back then. 

Wrong, and it’s overturning accelerated the rollback of substantive due process, which basically meant that your rights should actually mean something and not just be a paperwork formality for injustice. 

and secondly if you think codifying roe into law would have changed anything I have a bridge to sell you. This court has done nothing but make up facts, invent standing, and moved goalposts to create new case law to meet its agenda because it can and, dare I say it, is legislating that agenda from the bench. It’s why if there is a nationwide ban on abortion they would surely uphold it, and a nationwide reversal of Dobbs codifying roe would surely be repealed. 

there is no right interpretation or way to interpret the constitution, and anyone who buys into the idea that there is, isn’t paying attention. 

• True 1

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Wrong, and it’s overturning accelerated the rollback of substantive due process, which basically meant that your rights should actually mean something and not just be a paperwork formality for injustice. 

and secondly if you think codifying roe into law would have changed anything I have a bridge to sell you. This court has done nothing but make up facts, invent standing, and moved goalposts to create new case law to meet its agenda because it can and, dare I say it, is legislating that agenda from the bench. It’s why if there is a nationwide ban on abortion they would surely uphold it, and a nationwide reversal of Dobbs codifying roe would surely be repealed. 

there is no right interpretation or way to interpret the constitution, and anyone who buys into the idea that there is, isn’t paying attention. 

Wait until Bloody find out what the "Major Questions Doctrine" is all about.

22 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, they deserve protection.

this board likes to hate them, but in today’s environment they definitely need them. 

people keep talking about their awful decisions, but I don’t see them making many. Killing Roe was awful, but when you listen to constitutional lawyers, it was probably the right decision legally. There was nothing in the constitution that supports the original decision of Roe V Wade. Abortion should have been codified into law in 2009, but you couldn’t even get the DNC to support gay marriage back then. 

Otherwise they haven’t really made any bad decisions, just decisions the left doesn’t like.

lol @ the idea that anything is "constitutional"

lol @ the idea that we should give a fuck about the constitution over the welfare of our citizens

lol @ thinking they now need extra protection than they have in the last 50 years, apropos of nothing