Ghost of Tsushima PC Edition - May 16th

With ultrawide monitor support, you can take in the expansive terrain and ancient landmarks with a cinematic field of view. Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC is fully optimized for 21:9 and 32:9 resolutions and even supports 48:9 resolutions for triple monitor setups.  

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC features the latest performance-enhancing technologies. NVIDIA DLSS 3 and AMD FSR 3 are available with both upscaling and frame generation options. Intel XeSS upscaling is also supported and if your hardware has headroom to spare, you can use NVIDIA DLAA or FSR 3 Native AA to further boost image quality.   

The game on PC also offers extensive controller support. Use Steam Input to remap and customize the peripheral of your choice to your preference. For a more immersive experience, use a PlayStation DualSense controller with haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, so you can feel the tension of drawing a bow and the strikes of your sword.  

24 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Are the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers impactful enough that I should consider getting a DualSense controller for Sony exclusives?

People gush about them, I personally find it to be just OK. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

People gush about them, I personally find it to be just OK. 

I agree. It's really not different than the feedback from an Xbox controller. 

Ghost is one of the very best Sony games made. This will be awesome for PC owners to flex their machines. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dre801 said:

I turned Haptics off at the system level and the first thing I do when I start a new game is shut off controller Vibration; I've just never cared for that sort of thing.

MV5BNTBjNmMxZDQtOWY1NC00OGEzLWIxNzEtOGM4

• Hype 1

5 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Are the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers impactful enough that I should consider getting a DualSense controller for Sony exclusives?

IMO I find them fun when they are used for occasional mini games.

But if they game constantly uses them for core gameplay, I hate it.

Astro was really just a series of different minigames, and I found the triggers to be fun there.

But Spiderman, for example, uses them for EVERY web swing, and I hated that.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Ok.  Consensus seems to be that I don't need to buy a DualSense, and I should just keep using my Xbox Elite to play Sony games on my PC.

Thanks for the feedback D1P!

DualSense is 10000% worth it for Ratchet & Clank IMO, but Ghost of Tsushima is a PS4 game with haptics shoehorned in after the fact so it’s “meh” at best with its usage. 

I love the haptic feedback in the PS5 controller. In fact, Ive always felt the xbox controller was far superior to the PS controller every gen except this one...and its because of the haptics. 

they just add a unique layer to the gameplay. Spiderman and Hogwarts come to mind where they really shined. 

22 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

How’s Dual Sense for Horizon Forbidden West? That came out on both originally. I was wondering about getting a Dual Sense both of these and finishing Rift Apart. 

Each weapon feels different with the trigger pulls, I like it.

5 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Now I'm torn...  Is @Spork3245 gonna convince me to drop $90?

Do you know anyone with a PS5 or places that have demo kiosks set up? There are a percentage of people I have heard say that the DS hurts their hands so it might be something you want to try before you buy.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Now I'm torn...  Is @Spork3245 gonna convince me to drop $90?

I don't think it's worth it for Ghosts of Tsushima. It shines more in other games. If you look around you should be able to find it for at least $20 off (based on USD prices, I don't do loonies), I've seen it as low as $30-off ($40) semi-recently.

• Thanks 1

My opinions about it are similar to rumble.  When a game really implements it well, it enhances the experience a lot and feels like it adds a layer of polish.  And in truly exceptional cases, I wouldn’t want to touch Astrobot without it, just like I wouldn’t want to play Starfox 64 or Warioware Twisted without rumble.

If you turn off rumble in games, you probably shouldn’t care IMO.  But for everyone else, it’ll be a design feature you probably will want to have eventually, as more and more games implement it.

In the FF games I’ve played lately, they use it to make opening large doors and QTEs feel more tactile.  Results in longer animations, which kind of sucks, but you might as well experience the intended feel of that instead of wondering what’s the deal here.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Do you know anyone with a PS5 or places that have demo kiosks set up? There are a percentage of people I have heard say that the DS hurts their hands so it might be something you want to try before you buy.

I've always felt Sony controllers were at least as comfortable as Xbox controllers -- I hold them at different angles in my hand.

25 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I don't think it's worth it for Ghosts of Tsushima. It shines more in other games. If you look around you should be able to find it for at least $20 off (based on USD prices, I don't do loonies), I've seen it as low as $30-off ($40) semi-recently.

New ones are $90-$95, but I can find Open Box at Best Buy for ~$75 (~US$55).  Canadian retail is significantly less competitive than the US, so deals aren't always easy to come by.

I would be buying it for Horizon, GoT and GoW:Ragnarok -- and any other future Sony exclusives.

Not sure if you are aware or not but FYI the advanced haptic and trigger features of dualsense only work if the dualsense is wired. If it worked wirelessly I would have gotten that edge gamepad to be my new pc gamepad. I settled on the elite 2 until I can get advanced haptics + wireless + back buttons.

23 minutes ago, stepee said:

Not sure if you are aware or not but FYI the advanced haptic and trigger features of dualsense only work if the dualsense is wired. If it worked wirelessly I would have gotten that edge gamepad to be my new pc gamepad. I settled on the elite 2 until I can get advanced haptics + wireless + back buttons.

I have an Elite 2 -- but because I am sitting right in front of my PC, I can work with wired.    Sony makes such a big deal out of their controller features -- I was wondering if it actually was a big deal.  Knowing that I will be playing Horizon, GoT and likely Ragnarok this year.

• 1 month later...