What are you playing the most after your holiday haul?

eventide11

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I bought Dredge on a sale and I've played it the most since I got it. Was great playing it on my Steam Deck while visiting my family for Christmas. I wasn't even aware of the game and it came out of nowhere to be one of my favorite titles in an already stacked year. Who'd have thought?

That just happened with me with Lil Gator on deck! I beat that and I’m playing Starfield now but out of my Christmas haul stuff I’m starting to play some Persona 5 Royal as well and just checking out all the other stuff still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I bought Dredge on a sale and I've played it the most since I got it. Was great playing it on my Steam Deck while visiting my family for Christmas. I wasn't even aware of the game and it came out of nowhere to be one of my favorite titles in an already stacked year. Who'd have thought?

The money I got for Christmas is having a tough time not being spent on a Steam Deck. Havent heard anything about Dredge but I'll be sure to check it out whenever I end up losing to self control lol

4 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

The money I got for Christmas is having a tough time not being spent on a Steam Deck. Havent heard anything about Dredge but I'll be sure to check it out whenever I end up losing to self control lol

It's an indie game, focus is on fishing from a boat, making upgrades and solving the mystery of this weird place you wrecked at. It's pretty compelling.

• Like 1

Less a single game and just spending time with my Analogue Duo playing my PC-E collection (getting to finally go through a bunch of my recent pickups from a few months back).

I have not started but will at the start of the new year is Rain Code on switch to continue on with my Danganronpa obsession from this year (Still kind of pissed I haven't finished V3 due to one stupid point at the end of the game, I'm borderline ready to buy the vita version and replay the game).

-edit-

Oh also playing Mystic Warriors on switch. Konami arcade beat em up from their TMNT/Sunset Riders era.

WWW.NINTENDO.COM

Buy Arcade Archives MYSTIC WARRIORS and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store Canada.

40 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The first mission is a pretty big skill check. I'm guessing if you can figure out how to do it you'll probably be alright with the rest of the game.

Is there a difficulty option? I read reviews for this and they say it's user friendly to newcomers. :s

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I beat the first mission and stopped because I was going through the old games and wanted to continue through the old games before I get to this one.

Plus I have to set up my emblem I've been using since the first game :cool:

I'm looking for a new game and this peaked my interest. Is it as tough as a Souls game?

@best3444 I can elaborate I suppose

What is the hardest part of a souls game? Making a mistake and losing all your stuff and starting from the beginning? Well that is certainly not in Armored Core.

In fact this game is more forgiving than previous armored core games in that manner since you have like three lives or something if you die and you don't start the level over you start from where you left off.

You're in a giant AC you're not a human so you have long distance weapons such as missiles and you're very mobile and can FLY - You can't really do anything like this in a Souls game.

As I said earlier the first boss is kind of a puzzle, but once you figure out what to do it's not too hard. And from what I hear it plays out like a normal AC game after that. (Normal AC games are not hard in fact the biggest barrier of entry for a lot of people was 1.) The controls 2.) All the customization stuff - The customization stuff is here but the game controls probably the best an AC game has ever controlled.)

• Hype 1

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

@eventide11 Knowing very little about my tastes, do you think I'd enjoy Armored Core 6? How difficult are we talkin?

It's honestly not as bad as the soulsbornerings. I mean, theres a TON of customization if you're having trouble with a boss or area, the community has had PLENTY of time to be helpful with anything you might need. It's just a fun, satisfying game for me. Something I've sorely missed lately with all the tedium of Lords of the Fallen and a handful of other games

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

It's honestly not as bad as the soulsbornerings. I mean, theres a TON of customization if you're having trouble with a boss or area, the community has had PLENTY of time to be helpful with anything you might need. It's just a fun, satisfying game for me. Something I've sorely missed lately with all the tedium of Lords of the Fallen and a handful of other games

Thank you. I'm super close to pulling the trigger. 

• Halal 1