What are you playing the most after your holiday haul?

eventide11

Weirdly enough, I've been playing Diablo IV a lot lately. I had hit a wall with my solo play after I beat the story, but some buddies had been grinding and hopped into my party to help me get to World Tier 3 so now I can actually progress my character again. The game really does get a lot more fun after that hump.

On 12/30/2023 at 11:10 AM, XxEvil AshxX said:

Weirdly enough, I've been playing Diablo IV a lot lately. I had hit a wall with my solo play after I beat the story, but some buddies had been grinding and hopped into my party to help me get to World Tier 3 so now I can actually progress my character again. The game really does get a lot more fun after that hump.

It's a pretty well made AAA quality game but for whatever reason it couldn't hold my interest. I think it's because it seemed more like a game as a service/cash grab and that's where Destiny lost me as well. Games like that aren't meaningful to me in the long run. They only want me to play long term for my hard earned denaros

• True 1

6 hours ago, eventide11 said:

It's a pretty well made AAA quality game but for whatever reason it couldn't hold my interest. I think it's because it seemed more like a game as a service/cash grab and that's where Destiny lost me as well. Games like that aren't meaningful to me in the long run. They only want me to play long term for my hard earned denaros

I can totally get the lack of interest. Personally, I think the fact that Sanctuary is overall a pretty miserable place kinda paints them into a corner. They need to inject some life into the world and make it more interesting, but they literally can't without breaking their own lore. All of the towns and villages are just one miserable hovel after another, there's no respite. And while that's great in the scope of the game, it's a bit of a downer and I do find it hard to stay interested in something that literally has one tone the entire time.

It's why I could only watch Game of Thrones for one or two episodes at a time, or why I never finished Plague Tale: Requiem.

• Hugs 1

I got new speaker setup after slumming it with the sound from my TV, so I have been using that consistently.  A Sprout100 and two Elac 6.2 speakers gifted by a parent.

I didn't fully appreciate how big a sound upgrade can be before this.  Even playing a chiptune game like Blossom Tales the other day, it's made a massive difference.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I can totally get the lack of interest. Personally, I think the fact that Sanctuary is overall a pretty miserable place kinda paints them into a corner. They need to inject some life into the world and make it more interesting, but they literally can't without breaking their own lore. All of the towns and villages are just one miserable hovel after another, there's no respite. And while that's great in the scope of the game, it's a bit of a downer and I do find it hard to stay interested in something that literally has one tone the entire time.

It's why I could only watch Game of Thrones for one or two episodes at a time, or why I never finished Plague Tale: Requiem.

Same for me on all points. Plague Tale didn't hold my interest either. At all. And almost everything about Diablo 4 to ME seemed like the only reason it wanted me to keep playing was to get more money. Not to have me become more powerful through a natural progression of the existing loot in the game. Soured me on the whole experience