Tomb Raider I • II • III Remastered | Coming to Switch, PlayStation, Xbox, Steam on February 14, 2024

Keyser_Soze

I played all 3 but not sure I ever beat any of them. I was of the age where people bought them solely cuz of the rumored nude code. Kind of a shame that’s what they’re known for cuz they’re kinda cool exploration / puzzle games. Certainly no hand holding and when you figured something out it usually felt pretty good. 

I don’t think I have the patience to play through them today though.

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Tomb Raider I • II • III Remastered | Coming to Switch, PlayStation, Xbox, Steam on February 14, 2024
4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

My hatred for tank controls is legendary! :angry:

Good thing Tomb Raider uses grid controls, all you can do is feel the love on this one.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

I’ll get TR1 if it’s separate on Steam or the bundle when it’s like $10, I only want to play around the first bit of TR1 in the remastered state as that is my only nostalgia for the series.

Like I said this is a good nostalgia trip but Anniversary is probably the best way to play the first game and looks better than this.

The first two Tomb Raider games and The Last Revelation are some of my favorite games, it’s a shame that this doesn’t include The Last Revelation as well. But I’ll definitely be getting it to play the first two games again with updated graphics. The third game is my least favorite in the series, but part of that’s due to its lame limited save system. I have a feeling that these remasters are going to allow you to save at any time. We’ll see.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I think it's cool that with a click of a button you can go between the original graphics to the remastered graphics. It's not a HUGE leap but definitely better. 

Are you playing it? I’ve been playing it, and I feel that the graphics are quite an improvement over the originals. It has detailed/smooth textures, nice lighting effects and runs at 60fps. It still has the same blocky architecture and environments of course, but definitely looks a lot better. The modern controls make it play better as well, they’re similar to the controls in Tomb Raider: Anniversary. I’ve been playing the first Tomb Raider and really enjoying it since it’s one of my favorite games from the past. My only real complaint is the camera, it gets really twitchy at times especially in more enclosed areas. 

24 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Is that why this collection is rated M? I laughed when I had to input my age on the Nintendo store page. 

Seems this version has "intense violence and suggestive themes" while the original game only had "animated blood and violence"

Playing it now.   Feels like seeing an old friend again for the first time in years.   Didn't even try the modern control schemes.  Felt right at home with the old school controls.

I think they did a great job with the graphics overhaul.

10 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Playing it now.   Feels like seeing an old friend again for the first time in years.   Didn't even try the modern control schemes.  Felt right at home with the old school controls.

The original tank controls felt too clunky and stiff for me now after playing so many third person games over the years, I switched to the modern controls and I prefer them as they’re similar to the controls in Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

What is everyone playing on? I'm on the fence between PC and Xbox versions. I'd rather get the PC version for the Deck but the Digital Foundry review said there was some frame rate hitches or something weird going on with the PC version. Curious what the general consensus is.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

What is everyone playing on? I'm on the fence between PC and Xbox versions. I'd rather get the PC version for the Deck but the Digital Foundry review said there was some frame rate hitches or something weird going on with the PC version. Curious what the general consensus is.

I’m playing it on PS4, and I haven’t experienced any bugs or technical issues thus far.