Ubisoft will delete your account and wipe all of your purchases if you don’t log in enough

Spork3245

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

It should be noted that only accounts WITHOUT games get deleted after a few years. 

Some who received emails are claiming they have purchased games on the account in question.

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

:shrug:

Xbox will delete your account if it is inactive for 5 years.  Sony sometimes does it after 2.

Oh, so it’s totally fine then! :rolleyes:

• Shocked 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

Deleting an account with legally purchased licenses to play games is one of those things that feels like should be made illegal in this digitally evolving world of consumerism. 

I could see if you use cloud saving and a company might delete your cloud save data after a a couple years of not using your account. But there should be customer protections on saving your owned digital licenses. 

I suspect they think they can get away with this because of their own subscription service. Which is not how that should work. 

• Halal 2

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

That’s better than the email I got from Blizzard saying they were going to break into my home, sleep with my wife, make my children call them daddy, and force me to sleep in the dog house outside.

Money can really buy you anything

• Hype 1

22 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Some who received emails are claiming they have purchased games on the account in question.

Oh, so it’s totally fine then! :rolleyes:

The last time this was a big deal a couple of years ago, Ubi claimed they deleted accounts that didn't own things after ~4 years, and ones that owned things only got deleted with mitigating circumstances (i.e. required by GDPR).  I see nothing in this tweet that contadicts this.

As usual, the sites reporting this have done no follow-up, give no context/details -- and neither does the original tweet. 

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The last time this was a big deal a couple of years ago, Ubi claimed they deleted accounts that didn't own things after ~4 years, and ones that owned things only got deleted with mitigating circumstances (i.e. required by GDPR).  I see nothing in this tweet that contadicts this.

As usual, the sites reporting this have done no follow-up, give no context/details -- and neither does the original tweet. 

Charlie Day Ok GIF

I read about it on reddit, actually :twothumbsup:

When someone starts with whataboutisms then moves to being dismissive of an issue because reasons,  I just really don't take the posts seriously, I guess :shrug:

I've already noted that people who received this email claimed to have purchased games on their account. Is that true? No idea. But, I also throw a grain of salt at a Ubisoft reply on twitter.