I’m in the ER AMA

Chris-

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

No. In fact I’d stop buying anyone a game who isn’t respectful towards you. Not saying Bacon isn’t, I just hate to see him happy. 

Oh. I only buy games for people I know are good people. Bacon has been good to me.

• True 1

30 minutes ago, stepee said:

So is that a pretty positive outcome then, all should recover okay?

Seemingly. Might need surgery depending on what the CT scan shows/doctor thinks but it’s not a guaranteed necessity and from what the doctor said/I’ve read it’s an easier recovery. 

• Hype 3

From one foot injured user to another, I feel your pain. I was in the er 10 days myself because of my foot. I thought it was a bunion or a stress fracture from work. Plus the pup went from resting on my chest to a jump backwards onto said foot. I went to work because I needed my holiday pay, but went home an hour later to the er. Turns out I had gout in my right foot after negative X-rays. It was close to an 8 on pain. My 10’s have been a pinch nerve in my back (2 months ago) broken foot/ankle(25yrs ago) and my right wrist popped tendon/pinch loose ligament for 3 years. You’re gonna keep that leg propped up and iced if they don’t put you in a cast/walking cast when you leave. Keep us updated and hope you get better soon

39 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Sorry that happened. I see a walking boot in your future. 

:call:

2Ss7nIb.jpg

I am home now. No longer term prognosis until I see the ortho for follow-up but I'm feeling alright, thanks for all the well wishes. @stepee FFXVI for PS5 would be <3<3<3 

• Hugs 5
  • Hype 3

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

:call:

2Ss7nIb.jpg

I am home now. No longer term prognosis until I see the ortho for follow-up but I'm feeling alright, thanks for all the well wishes. @stepee FFXVI for PS5 would be <3<3<3 

Ahhh the BOOT, brings back memories. Get better soon and enjoy!

• Like 2

Saw the PA today (surgeon is on paternity leave until next week)...She still needs the doctor's opinion, but it's looking like I will need surgery because the tendon partially ruptured when the fracture happened. They're going to hook me up with a knee scooter and psychiatrist though. :dab:

• Hugs 5

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Saw the PA today (surgeon is on paternity leave until next week)...She still needs the doctor's opinion, but it's looking like I will need surgery because the tendon partially ruptured when the fracture happened. They're going to hook me up with a knee scooter and psychiatrist though. :dab:

I’m so sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you that you have the least amount of nerve damage possible. Though idk with your condition it matbe nerve pain wouldn’t be as bad?

31 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m so sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you that you have the least amount of nerve damage possible. Though idk with your condition it matbe nerve pain wouldn’t be as bad?

Sorry to say but I think nerve pain probably hurts more then the break(from my personal experience) When I popped my tendon in my right wrist, I would occasional get the ligament pinched between my joints. It literally felt like I was breaking my wrist, but over and over again and not knowing when the next one was coming. Although I had no cast to wear, arm brace for 4 months and then nothing again until I found a doctor. One who took my pain/issue and actually looked to see what could be done to fix my wrist. When I broke my foot/ankle I was in pain but the shock/adrenaline kept most of mine at bay in comparison with my wrist. I also partially tore my achilles about 5 years ago and that was painful too, but was again damaged from that break. Plus last month I pinched a nerve in my back and fucking everything hurt, even turning on/off the bathroom sink tap. I usually try to forgo the prescribed drugs and let Advil/Tylenol and my weed do its job, but I needed the drugs this time. 

sorry to be a Debbie downer, but it’s gonna be rough for the first few weeks. Stay strong and just don’t shut yourself away from family/friends going through this

1 minute ago, stepee said:

@Chris-

CHRIS

How are you doing??

A lot better. Got to see some friends over the weekend and get out of the house for a bit courtesy of a borrowed wheelchair, so that was nice. I also got a knee scooter today which has made it phenomenally easier to get around. Still a bit in limbo in terms of recovery...When I saw my actual doctor, he decided he wanted to have an MRI done - and he was pretty optimistic based on actually seeing me that I might avoid surgery. I had it done yesterday and have a phone appointment with him Thursday; the results in my medical portal say there's no Achilles rupture (the main thing that would dictate surgery), so I'm hoping between that and his less-than-urgent timing that I won't need surgery.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 2

Just now, Chris- said:

A lot better. Got to see some friends over the weekend and get out of the house for a bit courtesy of a borrowed wheelchair, so that was nice. I also got a knee scooter today which has made it phenomenally easier to get around. Still a bit in limbo in terms of recovery...When I saw my actual doctor, he decided he wanted to have an MRI done - and he was pretty optimistic based on actually seeing me that I might avoid surgery. I had it done yesterday and have a phone appointment with him Thursday; the results in my medical portal say there's no Achilles rupture (the main thing that would dictate surgery), so I'm hoping between that and his less-than-urgent timing that I won't need surgery.

This is actually very good news, super happy you might avoid surgery!