I’m in the ER AMA

Chris-

8 hours ago, Chris- said:

MRI didn't show what we were hoping; my Achilles is approximately 90% detached from the bone. I'll be having surgery afterall!

Damn man that sucks, take solace in the fact that it’s an ortho procedure though. Those have insanely high positive outcomes as an aggregate.

On 7/20/2023 at 9:05 AM, best3444 said:

Sorry to hear Chris. Just hang tough and fight through it. You'll be ok. If you were an athlete your career would be basically over. 

Quite reassuring.

19 hours ago, Biggie said:

That joke about Bacons reputation number being better than mine isn’t looking so funny right about now is it. 

No it is still quite funny.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Chris- said:

Two weeks removed from surgery; all has gone well so far. I'll get stitches out next Thursday, then in late August start to put weight on it, progressing by 25% every week until I'm fully weight bearing in early October.

Wow, that seems like a long time to not be able to put weight on it for something so random in how it happened. So like, when it heals, will you be back to normal or do you have to be careful it doesn’t happen again or what?

• 1 month later...

Started walking last week, third follow up yesterday. Suffered something of a setback: X-ray shows one of the surgical anchors dislodged and is just floating around. The surgeon placed four and the clinical evaluation was positive, so if I’m lucky the other three healed fine and it just means more time in the boot; worst case scenario is another surgery, but I won’t know until I get an ultrasound next week. I’d be lying if I said I took the news super well. 

• Hugs 2