~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

7 hours ago, Chris- said:

That article is completely juvenile. If you want Democrats to completely swear off corporate and PAC money, deliver significant and philosophically-pure results, and continually win elections, you are entitled to your (naive and unrealistic) expectations - but the general election isn't the time to dig your heels in. Buck the fuck up, pull the lever for whatever (D) make you pinch your nose in disgust, and pick a time to wage your fight when it won't cost Democrats seats.

Absolutely; remember Bart Stupak folded

10 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Gillum on DeSantis in tonight's debate, when talking about his "monkey it up" comment and DeSantis' angry defense of himself:

"A hit dog will holler... I'm not saying he's a racist. I'm simply saying the racists believe he's a racist."

Bought time a Dem appropriated that meme.

10 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I was always skeptical that his monkey comments was a "gaff". It always struck me as a classic GOP flag they plant to define the parameters of what the argument is going to be(the current caravan bullshit being a prime example).

DeSantis made the calculation that he would rather talk about race then the issues, likely with the goal to make Gillum look like the angry black guy obsessed with identity politics.

I am glad to see it not working. Every time one of these mini-Trump's loses a race they ran on his racist playbook, it's good for the country. Maybe after a few more Virginias they'll abandon it. But then, as this cycle is showing us, everything they actually do in office is so unpopular that stoking white grievance is about all they have left.

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Why does he always look so nervous?

MOISqpE.gif

There's a black guy next to him.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I was always skeptical that his monkey comments was a "gaff". It always struck me as a classic GOP flag they plant to define the parameters of what the argument is going to be(the current caravan bullshit being a prime example).

DeSantis made the calculation that he would rather talk about race then the issues, likely with the goal to make Gillum look like the angry black guy obsessed with identity politics.

I am glad to see it not working. Every time one of these mini-Trump's loses a race they ran on his racist playbook, it's good for the country. Maybe after a few more Virginias they'll abandon it. But then, as this cycle is showing us, everything they actually do in office is so unpopular that stoking white grievance is about all they have left.

Interestingly, Gillum looks like the calm black man talking to the angry guy.

10 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

You know he checked to see if his wallet was on him after shaking his hand

17 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'd caution that the election is a little less than two weeks away, so Gillum hasn't won yet. But so far in the polling, we haven't seen him tank due to his policy positions.

The NYTs is polling FL senate and Gov races and is like 2/3s done with Gillum and Nelson both with 8 point leads, as hispanic/latino voters become more engaged and leaning dem, in FL, CA, and TX, in their re-polling of districts.

4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

The NYTs is polling FL senate and Gov races and is like 2/3s done with Gillum and Nelson both with 8 point leads.

I know, but 11 days are an eternity in politics. I was pretty thrilled with Hillary's lead at this point, and this was the exact time when that Comey letter came out. 

I have no idea what's going to happen for the next two weeks, and I hope no sudden weird story comes out of the blue, but I'm not calling it for Gillum and Nelson until it's official.

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Meanwhile in OH, WI, and PA more liberal progressive senators, especially Brown and Baldwin, in states Trump won are coasting to victory.

Why vote for the guy pretending to be a Republican when you can just vote for the Republican?