Ummmm ... is D1P OK?

SoberChef

4 hours ago, Jason said:

And yet, apoc.

Real talk though 

I get why someone would fake it.

despite my apparently fake life, I never wanted anything more than to be “big enough.” What I have now was never anything I strived for. Hell I thought I’d die in Iraq ffs.

so getting to pretend that you’re that person for a bit would be cathartic, an escape from your failure. 

As I’ve said here before. Despite everything I am, I will fundamentally remain a failed bodybuilder.

I grew up with a lot of you guys too. Started on the IGN boards in 2001. Was obsessed with Fable and so was my twin brother. What was the reviewer from IGN with the female name? He reviewed Fable when it came out and he and my brother would chat a TON in pms and he actually sent us Fable memorabilia because we were so known for loving Fable on the IGN boards. Wtf was his name? It's on the tip of my tongue. 

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I was on IGN, but mostly on the PS3 and Nintendo boards. I hardly knew anyone when I got here. It was Setharion who brought me here. We were buds for years, but now he’s turned into an anti-woke MAGA tard spouting hateful shit on social media, so we haven’t talked in years. 

oh man that guy always rubbed me the wrong way and didn’t know why so this seems right to me 

38 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I grew up with a lot of you guys too. Started on the IGN boards in 2001. Was obsessed with Fable and so was my twin brother. What was the reviewer from IGN with the female name? He reviewed Fable when it came out and he and my brother would chat a TON in pms and he actually sent us Fable memorabilia because we were so known for loving Fable on the IGN boards. Wtf was his name? It's on the tip of my tongue. 

I believe you're thinking of HIlary Goldstein.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

18 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I was on IGN, but mostly on the PS3 and Nintendo boards. I hardly knew anyone when I got here. It was Setharion who brought me here. We were buds for years, but now he’s turned into an anti-woke MAGA tard spouting hateful shit on social media, so we haven’t talked in years. 

That's pretty disappointing.

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

oh man that guy always rubbed me the wrong way and didn’t know why so this seems right to me 

4 minutes ago, legend said:

That's pretty disappointing.

Yeah, before I unfriended him on FB, I’d see him commenting on public posts railing about how pathetic this “woke society” is, anti-trans ranting, etc. It was so fucking toxic. I was just done. 

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

Also, I suck at remembering usernames. For me, everyone's face is their avatar. It's why I don't really change my Avatar cuz that's me. Like, I still remember, well kind of remember, AlienShogun? ShotgunAlien?  because of his Roroni Kenshin avatar.

My avatar is totally my face! Which means I have boobs on my face! 

I remember when a few posters used to think I was an alt, because I was a lurker who didn't post much. I decided I was going to post more to really prove I was me. So anyway, I showed them! Which is obvious because everyone here will instantly remember me due to all of my posting 😎

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh damn that's sad! Seth brought me here too and when he left to start his own board for a short period of time I was one of the few who went with him. Wasn't there some kind of controversy with him and one of the ladies here that drove him off the boards? I remember him messaging me about it with his side of the story.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh damn that's sad! Seth brought me here too and when he left to start his own board for a short period of time I was one of the few who went with him. Wasn't there some kind of controversy with him and one of the ladies here that drove him off the boards? I remember him messaging me about it with his side of the story.

I don’t really want to get into all that because it’s all in the past and I’m not comfortable with it, but that’s not the actual reason he left. I will say I’m probably one of the only people who was familiar with both sides of the story. I don’t think it was really any specific reason, he just moved on. 
We kept talking for a while, but just kinda drifted apart. He was always cool to just talk games and stuff with and he never really got political. But he got caught up in it the last couple years because I started seeing stuff on FB and was just really disappointed. 

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I grew up with a lot of you guys too. Started on the IGN boards in 2001. Was obsessed with Fable and so was my twin brother. What was the reviewer from IGN with the female name? He reviewed Fable when it came out and he and my brother would chat a TON in pms and he actually sent us Fable memorabilia because we were so known for loving Fable on the IGN boards.

Fable was a big let down...

WWW.IGNBOARDS.COM

Fable has been my most anticipated game for Xbox ever since it was first announced. The game's lead designer (Peter Molyneux) not only promised grand design ideas, but claimed Fable would in fact...

That’s one of my classic threads from IGN back in 2004, I was 34 at the time. Most of you were just kids which I didn’t realize. Fable was a pretty big disappointment for me back then, but I loved Fable II. It was a lot closer to what I was expecting the first Fable to be. It’s one of my all-time favorite games, and I still play it on occasion.

It’s wild that a lot of us from the IGN message forums 20+ years ago are still talking about games and stuff here now.

• Like 1
  • Halal 2
  • Hugs 1

49 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

WWW.IGNBOARDS.COM

Fable has been my most anticipated game for Xbox ever since it was first announced. The game's lead designer (Peter Molyneux) not only promised grand design ideas, but claimed Fable would in fact...

That’s one of my classic threads from IGN back in 2004, I was 34 at the time. Most of you were just kids which I didn’t realize. Fable was a pretty big disappointment for me back then, but I loved Fable II. It was a lot closer to what I was expecting the first Fable to be. It’s one of my all-time favorite games, and I still play it on occasion.

It’s wild that a lot of us from the IGN message forums 20+ years ago are still talking about games and stuff here now.

It goes back to what I said earlier about, like, yeah, you can talk about games in other places, but it feels like shouting into the void. In an actual message forum with actual people that you get to know over a period of time, it actually feels like actually talking to someone.

I have exactly two friends in real life that I can talk about video games with. I don't have anyone at all that I can talk about music with. Forums were a great way to simulate that experience, and nothing social media companies have come up with has really been able to replicate that experience.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

WWW.IGNBOARDS.COM

I wasn't a kid per say...22 yrs old when it came out. It absolutely wasn't even close to what Peter Molyneux promised but it turned out to be kinda a fun arcade type game that anyone could play. I loved Fable Lost Chapters when that released.

Like you, Fable 2 was closer too the vision of the original and I really loved that. 

8 hours ago, TheRealSmallville said:

My avatar is totally my face! Which means I have boobs on my face! 

I remember when a few posters used to think I was an alt, because I was a lurker who didn't post much. I decided I was going to post more to really prove I was me. So anyway, I showed them! Which is obvious because everyone here will instantly remember me due to all of my posting 😎

I remember you!

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I wasn't a kid per say...22 yrs old when it came out. It absolutely wasn't even close to what Peter Molyneux promised but it turned out to be kinda a fun arcade type game that anyone could play. I loved Fable Lost Chapters when that released.

Like you, Fable 2 was closer too the vision of the original and I really loved that. 

I never got over the let down rear Fable 1 was for me so I didn’t enjoy the rest of the series at all.

• Halal 1

30 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

I never got over the let down rear Fable 1 was for me so I didn’t enjoy the rest of the series at all.

Part 2 was very good at the time. It was much bigger in game world design and had a magic to it that I wanted the original Fable to have. You didn't enjoy 2 at all?

Part 3 was pretty stupid though. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Part 2 was very good at the time. It was much bigger in game world design and had a magic to it that I wanted the original Fable to have. You didn't enjoy 2 at all?

Part 3 was pretty stupid though. 

Not really no, PM presented the franchise a certain way and he didn’t deliver. Fable 2 was just a normal experience to me played it once, never went back. 

• Halal 1

BTW, Seth begged and wouldn't leave me alone to bring me over here from ign. He then wanted to start his own board and wouldn't shut the fuck up and contacted me daily trying to get a new board established. He was psycho imo. 

Him going on rants on social media doesn't surprise me in the slightest.