Ummmm ... is D1P OK?

SoberChef

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Part 2 was very good at the time. It was much bigger in game world design and had a magic to it that I wanted the original Fable to have. You didn't enjoy 2 at all?

Part 3 was pretty stupid though. 

2 was an outstanding game at the time. Good monsters & 'level' design. Everyone knows the final boss was a letdown, but the rest of the game made up for it, in my opinion. 

Highlights for me were the smartass gargoyles and Chesty. Chesty was a ridiculous concept that quickly became very effective in its creep factor (not scary, just...creepy, you know?). That game had a lot of fun moments like that. I'd love to see a remaster of 2 & 3 to go with the remaster of 1. 

I didn't know all of the broken promises going into Fable 1, I didn't learn about them until much later, so Fable 1 is very nostalgic for me. Particularly The Lost Chapters. I still love this game. 2 was outstanding in its time, and I'd love to go back through it. I never got to play 3, but I heard it wasn't great. These are all on Gamepass though, I should give 3 a shot. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 11:22 PM, Fizzzzle said:

It goes back to what I said earlier about, like, yeah, you can talk about games in other places, but it feels like shouting into the void. In an actual message forum with actual people that you get to know over a period of time, it actually feels like actually talking to someone.

I have exactly two friends in real life that I can talk about video games with. I don't have anyone at all that I can talk about music with.

Yeah, my brother is the only one that I can talk about video games with outside of message forums like this, and (like you) I don’t have anyone at all that I can talk about music with which sucks because I’m a big music enthusiast.

On 6/8/2023 at 2:49 AM, best3444 said:

I wasn't a kid per say...22 yrs old when it came out.

I thought that you were in your 30s now, are you in your 40s?

On 6/8/2023 at 8:26 AM, Bacon said:

Fable 1 > Fable 3 > Fable 2

Fable II > Fable III > Fable

On 6/8/2023 at 8:35 AM, Bacon said:

I despised 2. 3 felt closer to 1 for me so I liked it better.

What did you despise about 2? I like 3 a lot as well, but not as much as 2.

12 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

What did you despise about 2? I like 3 a lot as well, but not as much as 2.

I honestly don't remember what exactly I disliked anymore. I'd have to replay both 1 and 2 to really remember. I know I disliked the guns and it being less fantasy than 1. Fable 1 was my GOAT for years.

54 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I wanted to ask you.

A) Are you currently playing Zelda?

B) Have you tried it out on the deck?

I am, about 10 upgrades in but not doing a dungeon yet. I plan to play a lot more after I exit my job next week. I am playing it on my desktop pc so I can play it at 4k/60 then I stream it to my deck for handheld yeah!

• Halal 1

On 6/8/2023 at 12:15 AM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don’t really want to get into all that because it’s all in the past and I’m not comfortable with it, but that’s not the actual reason he left. I will say I’m probably one of the only people who was familiar with both sides of the story. I don’t think it was really any specific reason, he just moved on. 
We kept talking for a while, but just kinda drifted apart. He was always cool to just talk games and stuff with and he never really got political. But he got caught up in it the last couple years because I started seeing stuff on FB and was just really disappointed. 

The number of people who went from chill to conspiracy-addled the past few years has been sad (if that's the route he took).

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

The number of people who went from chill to conspiracy-addled the past few years has been sad (if that's the route he took).

It’s sad. I know some people from high school and I look at their facebook posts now and some of them believe Joe Biden is actually president 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

56 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s sad. I know some people from high school and I look at their facebook posts now and some of them believe Joe Biden is actually president 

It’s such a shame how quickly we can lose people like that. Luckily the only vaccine I’ve taken in my life was for the woke mind virus

• Hugs 2

• 2 weeks later...