DeSantis threatens to build prison next to Disney World in retaliation for the theme park refusing to cede control of its land

230417104115-ron-desantis-230330-file.jp
WWW.CNN.COM

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday threatened to build a prison or a competing theme park near the Magic Kingdom or raise taxes on Walt Disney World to retaliate against the company for resisting a state takeover of its special taxing district.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday threatened to build a prison or a competing theme park near the Magic Kingdom or raise taxes on Walt Disney World to retaliate against the company for resisting a state takeover of its special taxing district.

Laying out his plan to exact retribution against the House of Mouse, the Florida Republican said the GOP-controlled state legislature will take steps to "formally nullify" Disney's attempts to maintain control of the district through last-minute maneuvering.

Later on Monday, DeSantis suggested the state might build a prison or its own theme park next door to Walt Disney World.

"Come to think of it now, people are like, 'well, what should we do with this land?'" DeSantis said. "Maybe create a state park. Maybe try to do more amusement parks. Someone even said like, maybe you need another state prison. I mean, who knows? I mean, I just think that the possibilities are endless."

Sane, rational politics.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Now the whole country is seeing how much of clown Ron DeSantis really is.

If only that was the whole country's reaction. Yuckity yuck good old boys love crap like this. They are emotionally under developed man boys with a love for petty revenge and cheap attacks, and they are legion. :sadsun:

Stupidity aside, isn't the whole "point" of Disneyworld for Disney the fact that they own enough land to keep the parks themselves separate from everything around them? What would building a prison "next to Disneyworld" even mean? Aren't there other theme parks in Orlando already? 

46 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

My oldest friend has been living in Jacksonville longer than I've been living in LA. He's been to California to visit SEVERAL times. I haven't been out there once. My stepmother and siblings live there too. NOPE.

Legit in my life now my no travel list

russia 

china

israel

every red state