Pregnant woman shot by Walgreens employee in East Nashville

The fact that it's Walgreens is significant because their CFO admitted a few months ago that in the last two years they've basically ginned up a panic about shoplifting serving no real purpose

107174475-1672931535490-gettyimages-1370
WWW.CNBC.COM

Walgreens acknowledged it may have overblown concerns about thefts in their stores after shrinkage stabilized over the past year. 

• Halal 2

I don't know what's worse, going into a drug store that's got fully stocked shelves that are locked up and you have to wait for the 1 employee to come help you, or unlocked shelves that have hardly anything on them.  Drug stores suck these days.  Though, that's true of everything.

I somehow don’t think Walgreens permits their employees to carry firearms. And it’s just not worth it to confront shoplifters. At least not when you’re making a meager wage working for a wealthy company. 

I was kinda reminded of a situation at work a few months back where a tech got fired. She brought a loaded pistol to work in her bag, ON THE FUCKING PSYCH UNIT, a patient went through the bag, found the gun and hid it in a trash can. Patient was found later going through the trash and tried saying he was looking for his water bottle he dropped and the gun was found. 

what the fuck. 

• Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I somehow don’t think Walgreens permits their employees to carry firearms. And it’s just not worth it to confront shoplifters. At least not when you’re making a meager wage working for a wealthy company. 

I was kinda reminded of a situation at work a few months back where a tech got fired. She brought a loaded pistol to work in her bag, ON THE FUCKING PSYCH UNIT, a patient went through the bag, found the gun and hid it in a trash can. Patient was found later going through the trash and tried saying he was looking for his water bottle he dropped and the gun was found. 

what the fuck. 

But her 2nd amendment!  

10 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Especially when these losses are insured against!

Most large companies just assume a certain percentage of their inventory is stolen at any given moment. They don't bother making insurance claims with it, it's just an operating cost that they factor in. When I worked for Abercrombie/Hollister, I remember it being something like 12%. The vast majority of it was stolen by employees. The cost involved in actually doing anything about it would cost more than just letting it happen. (that should also tell you how little the actual cost of their products are that they can just have like 12-15% of inventory stolen and they just go *shrug*, it's fine)

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

(that should also tell you how little the actual cost of their products are that they can just have like 12-15% of inventory stolen and they just go *shrug*, it's fine)

Bud, the shrink is factored into the selling price :p Like, literally everybody actually purchasing the product is subsidizing the stolen product at EVERY business.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Bud, the shrink is factored into the selling price :p Like, literally everybody actually purchasing the product is subsidizing the stolen product at EVERY business.

So what you’re saying is that my tickets at your theater are pre-paid by other patrons?  BRB booking a flight to Texas.