Didn't Know Which Thread to Put this in So I gave it its own topic

My security cameras ding when someone approaches (every angle) so I know before ppl even get to the door, also my dog knows even before the camera. He can tell when someone approaches the front when he's in the back. He even knows when our car is down the street/we are almost home when we are like 6 houses away. 

230417181520-03b-ralph-yarl-cropped.jpg?
WWW.CNN.COM

A White, 84-year-old homeowner charged with shooting Ralph Yarl after the Black teen went to the wrong Kansas City address to pick up his siblings told police they didn't exchange words before he fired at him through a locked glass door -- and that he did so because he thought the teen was trying to break in.

On 4/16/2023 at 9:21 PM, Kal-El814 said:

Plenty of gun owners would not, especially if the homeowner didn't actually shoot and "merely" got the motorist off their property with the threat of violence. That is the very specific reason that many people own guns.

As I said...

On 4/17/2023 at 6:35 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

This might become it's own fucking topic

25 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:
230417181520-03b-ralph-yarl-cropped.jpg?
WWW.CNN.COM

A White, 84-year-old homeowner charged with shooting Ralph Yarl after the Black teen went to the wrong Kansas City address to pick up his siblings told police they didn't exchange words before he fired at him through a locked glass door -- and that he did so because he thought the teen was trying to break in.

When you own a gun for home defense, the mere presence of people at the "wrong time" becomes a threat. Shit like this and opening fire at cops are the final destination of this mentality.

• Halal 1

Another:

230418135933-kevin-monahan-mugshot.jpg?c
WWW.CNN.COM

A 20-year-old woman was shot and killed Saturday after she and three others accidentally turned into the wrong driveway while looking for a friend's house in rural upstate New York, authorities said.

"It's a very rural area with dirt roads. It's easy to get lost. They drove up this driveway for a very short time, realized their mistake and were leaving, when Mr. Monahan came out and fired two shots," Murphy said, adding that the area has poor cell phone service.

After the shots were fired, Gillis and the rest of the group drove away from the house in the town of Hebron looking for cell phone service, and then called 911.

No one is believed to have exited the car and there was no interaction between Monahan and anyone in the vehicle before shots were fired, Murphy said.

When half the country is being made to be afraid for their lives on a daily basis (on nonsense issues like trans people, etc), it's no surprise. As someone pointed out on another forum, the Wild West was less gun violent than modern-day America.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

I don't know if this can be fixed. 

Abolish the second amendment, buy back guns, get people to stop consuming media from the Fox Cinematic Universe which encourages this mentality by insisting that American cities are war zones where violence is unchecked / never been worse, and that the suburbs are under constant threat of encroachment by urban undesirables.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Abolish the second amendment, buy back guns, get people to stop consuming media from the Fox Cinematic Universe which encourages this mentality by insisting that American cities are war zones where violence is unchecked / never been worse, and that the suburbs are under constant threat of encroachment by urban undesirables.

I mean in reality 

• Haha 2
  • True 3

230417-ralph-yarl-kansas-city-mn-1600-6a
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

"He was confronted by a man who told him, ‘Don’t come back around here,’” and then the man “immediately fired his weapon," attorney Lee Merritt said.

An arrest warrant was issued for Lester, who is not in custody, Thompson said, adding that he didn't know where Lester was.

Merritt said the neighborhood where the shooting occurred is predominantly white and conservative and "commonly referred to among locals as God's country."

"We've heard reports from Black people who live in the neighborhood, who visit the neighborhood, that there seems to be a standing hostility toward Black presence in that community," he said.

In recent years, newer families have been moving in, including a Black family, she said, but most residents keep to themselves.

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
_129395752_mediaitem129395578.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

A young woman was killed in New York state when her car pulled up in the wrong driveway.

This poor girl was hit with a slug from a 12 Guage shotgun.  A fucking slug.

Just in case someone doesn't know what ended this poor woman's life.

master1_13031406463414_alt1?pgw=1

God damn America.

230419100607-pedro-tello-rodriguez-jr.jp
WWW.CNN.COM

Authorities have arrested the man they say shot two teenage cheerleaders after one said she mistook the suspect's vehicle as her own in a supermarket parking lot near Texas' capital -- at least the third incident...

Authorities have arrested the man they say shot two teenage cheerleaders after one said she mistook the suspect's vehicle as her own in a supermarket parking lot near Texas' capital -- at least the third incident this week in which young people who'd made an apparent mistake were met with gunfire.

“I see the guy get out of the passenger door, and I rolled my window down, and I was trying to apologize to him,” Heather Roth said, fighting tears. “And then halfway, my window was down, and he just threw his hands up, and then he pulled out a gun and he just started shooting at all of us.”

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

God damn America.

230419100607-pedro-tello-rodriguez-jr.jp
WWW.CNN.COM

Authorities have arrested the man they say shot two teenage cheerleaders after one said she mistook the suspect's vehicle as her own in a supermarket parking lot near Texas' capital -- at least the third incident...

I would have been shot so many times as a teen. I can't count the number of times I've accidently opened the wrong car door or even accidently gotten half way into the wrong car. It always ended with an embarrassed apology and laughter if there was anyone in the car.

This one is even more infuriating, though. He didn't fear for his life. He followed this girl back to her friend's car because he was...mad she touched his car or something?

There is a shocking number of people walking around with the hope of one day having an opportunity to kill somebody, and you can't convince me otherwise.

Just now, sblfilms said:

There is a shocking number of people walking around with the hope of one day having an opportunity to kill somebody, and you can't convince me otherwise.

This is 1000% a thing. I am curious, though. Is this something that's happening more often or is this just one of those cases where one instance getting national scrutiny is bringing further attention to the ape shit fact that this is a rather common occurrence in this god forsaken country?

• Halal 1

22 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

This is 1000% a thing. I am curious, though. Is this something that's happening more often or is this just one of those cases where one instance getting national scrutiny is bringing further attention to the ape shit fact that this is a rather common occurrence in this god forsaken country?

I think it's both. Hard to say though. The stories are getting more absurd by the day.