Tornados

CastlevaniaNut18

Bad storms through my

city today. My house specifically is okay, but a tornado ripped through the are about a mile through my house. Catastrophic damage and injuries being reported. Hospitals on Level 3 mass casualty alert. We currently have no power and who knows when it’ll be restored with all the damage. 

This sucks. Closest I’ve ever been to a tornado. 

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 6

Yeah, that’s the one that did the damage by me. We were able to watch the news for a bit with the UPS powering our modem after the outage. 

Not sure I’ll be able to charge my phone. Everywhere is packed and places aren’t open to go into, even in the unaffected area. 

We’re debating on going 2 hours south to my in-laws to pick up a generator, as the power restoration doesn’t look hopeful. 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Not sure I’ll be able to charge my phone. Everywhere is packed and places aren’t open to go into, even in the unaffected area. 

Your car? We had no power for 5 days this winter when it was below freezing outside. Used my car to charge my phone every day. 

• Halal 1

attachment-morbid_angel_venue_roof_colla
LOUDWIRE.COM

Moments before Morbid Angel were scheduled to take the stage at the Apollo Theatre in Belvidere, Ill., the venue's roof collapsed during a powerful storm.

Moments before Morbid Angel were scheduled to take the stage at the Apollo Theatre in Belvidere, Ill., on Friday night (March 31), the venue's roof collapsed during a powerful storm. One user on Twitter shared a video showing the aftermath of the damage and also noted that "there are reports of multiple victims."

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That’s what I’m doing now. Just driving around a bit, giving a bit of charge. But it’s slow. 

Ah that stinks. They have high speed chargers for the 12 volt if you don't have a high powered USB port. Not much good now, but something to think about for the future. 

• Thanks 1

Thank goodness you’re ok. 

it wasn’t until a few years ago that I realized that the south had such dangerous and frequent tornadoes. a guy I used to work with had his son (? Or other relative) pass away during the tornado that went through the University of Alabama campus a few years ago and I always think of that when these storms rip through the south. 

Kansas and Nebraska and Oklahoma get a lot of the videos (cause they’re so flat) but the Deep South gets the worst of it!

• Hugs 1

I was just watching a FB video one of our local meteorologists posted where he was surveying the worst of the damage today and this woman recognized him and came up and she was thanking him and crying and man, it just got me all in the feels. He was the one I was watching yesterday. 

I just wanna say thanks to these professionals like @SaysWho?. Y’all are so freaking important in some of the worst of times. You save lives. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 1