phaseknox

stepee

I’m buying the Switch when I get home, there’s been too many ups and downs at the hospital and rehab facility to ever find a good time to get it. I realize that I was initially getting it to play while in the hospital and rehab, but I still want it in general for its exclusive games and to be able to play it in handheld mode so that I’m not always stuck in my room when I want to play video games.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I’m buying the Switch when I get home, there’s been too many ups and downs at the hospital and rehab facility to ever find a good time to get it. I realize that I was initially getting it to play while in the hospital and rehab, but I still want it in general for its exclusive games and to be able to play it in handheld mode so that I’m not always stuck in my room when I want to play video games.

You're going to love it, I'm sure. So many great exclusives are available for it, it'll keep you busy for weeks. 

Very sorry to hear about all of the delays with getting you home, but hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out. :hug:

• Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

21 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

How you feeling?

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Hope you are feeling much better!!!!

It’s good to be home, but getting around has been difficult with the below the knee amputation. I won’t get my prosthetic leg/foot for about another six months, so until then I get around with a walker and wheelchair. With the walker I scoot it forward and hop which is a little dangerous because I lose my balance sometimes, and I only use my wheelchair in the living room and kitchen of my house because it won’t fit through any of the bedroom doors. It’s also too big and bulky to fit in my friends cars, so I don’t take it with me when I go places. Thankfully places like grocery stores and Walmart have electric scooters that I can ride.

• Hugs 5

11 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

It’s good to be home, but getting around has been difficult with the below the knee amputation. I won’t get my prosthetic leg/foot for about another six months, so until then I get around with a walker and wheelchair. With the walker I scoot it forward and hop which is a little dangerous because I lose my balance sometimes, and I only use my wheelchair in the living room and kitchen of my house because it won’t fit through any of the bedroom doors. It’s also too big and bulky to fit in my friends cars, so I don’t take it with me when I go places. Thankfully places like grocery stores and Walmart have electric scooters that I can ride.

God bless you. You're very strong and keep fighting and try to keep a positive outlook. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2023 at 5:09 PM, Phaseknox said:

I'm very ignorant of all that is involved in such a procedure, but I'm curious: is that typical to have to wait six months? Are they just waiting on it to heal fully, or do you know why it will be so long?

11 hours ago, Nokra said:

I'm very ignorant of all that is involved in such a procedure, but I'm curious: is that typical to have to wait six months? Are they just waiting on it to heal fully, or do you know why it will be so long?

Yes, the incision on my stump has to fully heal before I can use a prosthetic leg/foot which can take up to six months. However, I found out yesterday that it could be sooner than that. I see my doctor the first week of May, and he’ll be able to tell me how far along the healing is and when he thinks that I can use a prosthetic leg/foot.

• Like 2

Saturday night I was kind of rushing to the restroom from my bedroom using my walker and my wheelchair was sitting outside my bedroom door with the front wheels slightly in the way, so I lifted the front of the walker to get over them and it hit them and I fell straight down directly on my stump breaking the incision completely open. I was immediately rushed to the hospital, and had emergency surgery the next day. The doctor said that it went well, and I came home yesterday. I’ve been in a lot of pain. I’m strictly using my wheelchair now because using the walker is too dangerous. This has set me way back, so I don’t know when I’ll be able to get my prosthetic leg/foot now.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 6

22 hours ago, Nokra said:

Very sorry to hear that man. :( Have you been able to get the Switch and at least have a little distraction? 

Not yet, I want to get The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Switch OLED but I don’t know if I’m going to be able to. If not I’ll just get the regular one. I played some BloodRayne ReVamped today since the BloodRayne games are some of my favorites from the past and I just bought the ReVamped versions, but my stump was hurting too much to play for very long.

21 hours ago, stepee said:

I can’t get the image of this last incident out of my mind my goodness :(

It’s possibly the worst thing that I’ve gone through, my stump completely broken open seeing the inside and bleeding profusely. When it first happened I couldn’t accept it as reality, I said that it must be a dream but I knew that it wasn’t and I was mentally losing it until the firemen and paramedics arrived and calmed me down and bandaged it up. It was definitely a traumatizing event.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

While it does sound like a horrifying experience it's good to hear you're ok, more or less. Seems like a learning experience as you familiarize yourself with what you're able to do now.

If it makes the decision to get a switch right now or wait for the Zelda one, it doesn't come with the game so unless you really like how the console looks just get the OLED now.

• True 1

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

While it does sound like a horrifying experience it's good to hear you're ok, more or less. Seems like a learning experience as you familiarize yourself with what you're able to do now.

It was both a horrifying and learning experience, I’ve been a lot more careful and cautious since coming home. I primarily use my wheelchair now because the walker is unsafe, I only use it when necessary which thankfully isn’t too often.

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If it makes the decision to get a switch right now or wait for the Zelda one, it doesn't come with the game so unless you really like how the console looks just get the OLED now.

I decided to just get the regular Switch OLED since I don’t want to spend an extra $10 for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom one since the difference between the two is simply cosmetic.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that I should give an update on my situation for those of you who might still be interested. I’ve been in the hospital again since April 11th. What happened was my doctor put me on strong antibiotics to prevent the incision on my stump from becoming infected, and I developed a condition called colitis from them which is inflammation of the bowels and causes extreme stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea. I had to be admitted in the hospital for it, and I started feeling better after a few days. But then they detected some infection in the incision on my stump from a culture that they took, and kept me here cleaning it until it got better which it finally has. I go home tomorrow, and I’m going to do everything that I can to prevent ever having to come back here again.

• Hugs 6

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

I guess that I should give an update on my situation for those of you who might still be interested. I’ve been in the hospital again since April 11th. What happened was my doctor put me on strong antibiotics to prevent the incision on my stump from becoming infected, and I developed a condition called colitis from them which is inflammation of the bowels and causes extreme stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea. I had to be admitted in the hospital for it, and I started feeling better after a few days. But then they detected some infection in the incision on my stump from a culture that they took, and kept me here cleaning it until it got better which it finally has. I go home tomorrow, and I’m going to do everything that I can to prevent ever having to come back here again.

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear what a crap time (to greatly understate it) you've had. That all sounds awful.  

But that's great news that you're finally heading home tomorrow! Congratulations! :dancing:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Holy fuck dude when will it end. It seems managing the infection is just making this so difficult, hopefully that gets healed up sooner than later and at that point things start moving forward 

• 2 weeks later...

I originally wanted a Switch to play in the hospital and rehab, but now that I’m home and only game on my big TV I’m not as interested in having it. I would rather have a PS5 since I’m tired of playing gimped versions of cross-gen games on my PS4, and missing out on current gen exclusives. I was wondering if those of you who contributed money for me to buy a Switch would mind if I used the money to buy a PS5 instead.

@Brian

@Chris-

@Commissar SFLUFAN

@Keyser_Soze

@Mr.Vic20

@Nokra

@skillzdadirecta

@stepee

10 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I originally wanted a Switch to play in the hospital and rehab, but now that I’m home and only game on my big TV I’m not as interested in having it. I would actually rather have a PS5 since I’m tired of playing gimped versions of current gen games on my PS4. I was wondering if those of you who contributed money for me to buy a Switch would mind if I used the money to buy a PS5 instead.

@Brian

@Chris-

@Commissar SFLUFAN

@Keyser_Soze

@Mr.Vic20

@Nokra

@skillzdadirecta

@stepee

I’ve had this thought but didn’t want to confuse things, PLEASE do this! I think I sent you a sub for Nintendo Online so you can give to a friend or do a raffle here!

• Thanks 1

I feel bad that I haven’t been following all the shit you’ve been going through @Phaseknox Sitting beside my mom and saying “oh my god” a lot as I read what you’ve been through. She has to get her middle toe on her right foot amputated in the coming months because they don’t think surgery can straighten it. It been going on for years, taped her toes together every morning as it crosses over to her big toe. Been causing her great pain while walking for years and just keeps getting worse. I think your story might of helped her feel better and not as scared for when she has to head in. 

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I think I sent you a sub for Nintendo Online so you can give to a friend or do a raffle here!

You did, and I gave it to my brother. Thanks again.

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That will be fuckin awesome for phase getting a PS5! You guys are fantastic. 

I guess that I will be getting a PS5 before Grand Theft Auto VI comes out, but only if the PS5 Pro comes out before then. :p

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

I originally wanted a Switch to play in the hospital and rehab, but now that I’m home and only game on my big TV I’m not as interested in having it. I would rather have a PS5 since I’m tired of playing gimped versions of cross-gen games on my PS4, and missing out on current gen exclusives. I was wondering if those of you who contributed money for me to buy a Switch would mind if I used the money to buy a PS5 instead.

@Brian

@Chris-

@Commissar SFLUFAN

@Keyser_Soze

@Mr.Vic20

@Nokra

@skillzdadirecta

@stepee

No issue from me either! I just wanted to contribute towards something that will provide you a distraction or even a little joy during these difficult times. Use it however you see fit! :sun:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phaseknox said:

You did, and I gave it to my brother. Thanks again.

I guess that I will be getting a PS5 before Grand Theft Auto VI comes out, but only if the PS5 Pro comes out before then. :p

I'm just really happy you are going to get to experience next-gen. There are plenty of games now and it's only going to get better. 

• Halal 1