phaseknox

stepee

• 3 weeks later...

I now have a wound vac for my amputated stump to help it heal, because it hasn’t been healing well.

In better news, my sister gave me her Switch Lite because she never plays it. She also gave me Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. My brother loaned me The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening and Metroid Dread.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• 4 weeks later...

The incision on my amputated stump is finally healing, hopefully it won’t be too much longer until it’s completely healed and I can get my prosthetic leg.

As for the Switch Lite it’s a good handheld/portable game system, but I never play it. I would have liked to have had it in the hospital and rehab, but I don’t really have an interest in playing it at home since I would rather game on my TV.

I’m going to buy a PS5 when the Pro comes out, because I want the best version of it. By the time that it comes out there will be more games that I will want for it as well.

36 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

The incision on my amputated stump is finally healing, hopefully it won’t be too much longer until it’s completely healed and I can get my prosthetic leg.

As for the Switch Lite it’s a good handheld/portable game system, but I never play it. I would have liked to have had it in the hospital and rehab, but I don’t really have an interest in playing it at home since I would rather game on my TV.

I’m going to buy a PS5 when the Pro comes out, because I want the best version of it. By the time that it comes out there will be more games that I will want for it as well.

Yea, playing portable just really sucks imo, too. I never ever liked it and I will always game on a TV. That is until VR EVENTUALLY takes over but that's like 20 years off for it to be completely mainstream and goggle sized/wireless etc. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea, playing portable just really sucks imo, too. I never ever liked it and I will always game on a TV.

I’ve never been much for handheld/portable gaming either, because gaming has always been something that I do at home. And if I’m at home then of course I want to game on a big TV instead of on a small handheld/portable screen.

When I was in the hospital and rehab for weeks at a time a handheld/portable game system would have been nice to have had, but it’s rare that I’m ever in situations like that where I’m away from home for long periods of time.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I think we suggested you get a regular Switch OLED, right? :p 

Very glad to hear that the healing is continuing well! Keep on taking it easy and just get better! :hug:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nokra said:

I think we suggested you get a regular Switch OLED, right? :p 

Yes, but my sister gave me her Switch Lite because she never plays it. That’s why I have a Switch Lite, I didn’t buy it. I’m going to buy a PS5 Pro with the generous donations that you all provided me with to originally buy a Switch OLED with, but said that you were fine with me using to buy a PS5 instead.

15 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Yes, but my sister gave me her Switch Lite because she never plays it. That’s why I have a Switch Lite, I didn’t buy it. I’m going to buy a PS5 Pro with the generous donations that you all provided me with to originally buy a Switch OLED with, but said that you were fine with me using to buy a PS5 instead.

Ah ok I must have missed it earlier when you said where the Switch Lite came from, but hopefully it was also clear I'm just teasing. It's your money to do whatever you want with. :hug:

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

My amputated stump incision has completely healed, but doesn’t look as good as it did before I broke it open. There’s a lot of scarring, and the incision area is sensitive since it’s all scar tissue. I get an uncomfortable tingling sensation in my stump especially the incision area a lot of the time, and sometimes pain (primarily phantom pain) as well but thankfully not too often. I was supposed to get my prosthetic leg/foot last month, but my health insurance denied paying for it. My doctor said that she was going to find out why, and work on getting them to approve paying for it.

• Hugs 3

4 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

My health insurance approved paying for my prosthetic leg/foot, and I get it today. :mdancing:

I am happy for you bro. Well as happy as I can be for someone needing a prosthetic leg.  Hope this starts the process of getting your life back to normalcy.

• Thanks 1

My stump incision isn’t healed enough to use my prosthetic leg/foot yet which I found out the hard way. The day that I got it I was walking around the house getting used to using it and it somewhat hurt but I was told that was normal at first, then it really started to hurt so I took it off and discovered that the pressure was pulling apart my stump incision. Thankfully it didn’t completely break open, but it caused the scar tissue on the incision to puff out and turn red like blood blisters. I see my surgeon Friday to find out if I have to do anything about it, and to also find out how much longer that I will have to let it heal before I can start using my prosthetic leg/foot which I’m guessing will be at least a couple of more months.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• 5 months later...

It’s been a few months since I’ve given an update on my situation. A little over a month ago I was starting to walk well with my prosthetic leg/foot without it causing any issues to my stump incision, and I was able to wear it for longer periods of time without it hurting. At this same time we started getting snow and it turned to ice on the front ramp, so I had to go out through the back door and the dirt ground in the back is bumpy and uneven. I started to walk and my prosthetic leg/foot hit something and I tripped forward severely bending my right knee inside of it which made a crack/pop sound, and I was unable to put pressure on it. I went to the hospital and had it X-rayed and thankfully nothing was broken, but it was severely sprained. I’ve been waiting for it to heal. It still hurts, but not as much. It’s still really swollen. I don’t know how long that it’s going to be until I can use my prosthetic leg/foot again. This combined with other health and life issues has put me in somewhat of a state of depression.

• Hugs 3