Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 minute ago, darkness35 said:

Uhh I got lost in this thread, and would like to know specifically where and how. Also AC layout might help too.

Well technically I'm past the tutorial and starting the next mission/s. But others here have warned me that if I struggled with the tutorial boss I stand no chance in getting anywhere in this game. I'm not giving up on it but I got side tracked with Persona 5 Royal. 

18 hours ago, best3444 said:

Well technically I'm past the tutorial and starting the next mission/s. But others here have warned me that if I struggled with the tutorial boss I stand no chance in getting anywhere in this game. I'm not giving up on it but I got side tracked with Persona 5 Royal. 

He's the toughest until Balteus but Balteus is.. umm.. difficult. A definite skill check. WLots of missles and crap being fired at you almost like a bullet hell situation. But staggering him with Pulse or plasma weapons goes a looooong way toward making him way more manageable. And a tank build with lots of hit points makes it even more manageable

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eventide11 said:

He's the toughest until Balteus but Balteus is.. umm.. difficult. A definite skill check. WLots of missles and crap being fired at you almost like a bullet hell situation. But staggering him with Pulse or plasma weapons goes a looooong way toward making him way more manageable. And a tank build with lots of hit points makes it even more manageable

I'm not sure when I'll get back to this. But I'll keep this in mind IF I ever get to him. 

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm not sure when I'll get back to this. But I'll keep this in mind IF I ever get to him. 

I can understand it's not for everyone. Ive always loved mechs and mech games so my input and enjoyment of the game was probably a little contaminated lol

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Sorry buddy boy but I’m not going to fill your head with unfounded confidence like @eventide11

It's such a great game with phenomenal controls. I will definitely make a good attempt. I just downloaded Half Life 2 on my deck that I'm going to check out in a few. I never played that but it probably hasn't aged well. It cost $3.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

Sorry buddy boy but I’m not going to fill your head with unfounded confidence like @eventide11

Well I don't know his skill level or patience. I just know I'm not that good. I play online and get destroyed half the time. My hand eye coordination is not great. At all. I'm 48 and way past my prime of when I was decent at responding to what was going on on screen. But this game.. Maybe because I'm a From Soft vet I just don't find to be THAT difficult. Builds make or break how easy or hard a time you're having. But If you're juggling multiple games then yeah, you're probably not gonna get past any roadblocks in this game. Especially if something else appeals to you more. Nothing wrong at all with playing that and coming back later when there's a lull in releases

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, eventide11 said:

Well I don't know his skill level or patience. I just know I'm not that good. I play online and get destroyed half the time. My hand eye coordination is not great. At all. I'm 48 and way past my prime of when I was decent at responding to what was going on on screen. But this game.. Maybe because I'm a From Soft vet I just don't find to be THAT difficult. Builds make or break how easy or hard a time you're having. But If you're juggling multiple games then yeah, you're probably not gonna get past any roadblocks in this game. Especially if something else appeals to you more. Nothing wrong at all with playing that and coming back later when there's a lull in releases

Biggie's a hater. :p

And the credits roll.

Spoiler

I fought Walter and got the Liberator of Rubicon achievement and his armor. Expected a tougher fight for sure. I expected him to heal at least once but nope. 30 seconds after the fight started he was a stain. The Gatlin Gun Boat with dual needle cannons was pretty damn OP to say the least

• Shocked 1
  • Hype 1

9 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

And the credits roll.

Hide contents

I fought Walter and got the Liberator of Rubicon achievement and his armor. Expected a tougher fight for sure. I expected him to heal at least once but nope. 30 seconds after the fight started he was a stain. The Gatlin Gun Boat with dual needle cannons was pretty damn OP to say the least

Fuckin impressive, nice! 

• Like 1

DF was definitely right to include this on the best graphics of 23 list despite being firmly cross gen and not pushing any technical boundaries. A solid reminder of how important the art element is beyond just raw power in making impressive looking games. It may not have the latest path tracing yada yada but damn does it look constantly phenomenal and thrilling.

Some of the best hdr I’ve seen doesn’t hurt either. And that since the art is doing the most heavy lifting here, besides obviously framerate, it looks just as good on the deck as it does on my desktop. The sense of scale and the way they completely nail the atmosphere is constantly visually arresting. 

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That build looks great especially the colors. So you are basically playing really well without the help of the mod?

Im still using the mod - I wouldn’t have all these parts otherwise unless I spent a ton of time grinding/probably wouldn’t have made it far enough to get them. It’s possible if I had the patience I could have legitimately gotten them and made it through the game normally, but I don’t have the patience so we will never know! There’s also two points so far I used an insta kill weapon to get past something I couldn’t beat. Though I might go back and try them.

• Hype 1