Nvidia 4xxx Series - The Official Perennially Disappointing Hunt for More Power!

Mr.Vic20

1 minute ago, elbobo said:

I saw this one in stock as late as 9:10, maybe they loaded it in late or the demand isn't as insane as people thought it would be

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/gigabyte-nvidia-geforce-rtx-4090-24gb-gddr6x-384-bit-graphics-card-with-3x-windforce-fans-gv-n4090gaming-oc-24gd-black/6521518.p?skuId=6521518

WWW.NEWEGG.COM

Newegg has stock too. Doesn’t seem that hard to get. Thanks Obama

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

This card is so good even Zotac can't ruin the moment my man! :sun:

lol, yeah since evga is gone I didn’t really care the brand, and actually I looked and it’s just an extra 1/2” so I think it might just fit ok anyway! Wait, to confirm, width is the measurement i’m looking at if my concern is the size of the card reaching the glass panel on the case right? 

Just now, stepee said:

lol, yeah since evga is gone I didn’t really care the brand, and actually I looked and it’s just an extra 1/2” so I think it might just fit ok anyway! Wait, to confirm, width is the measurement i’m looking at if my concern is the size of the card reaching the glass panel on the case right? 

You have three concerns with this card! The first two you are use to because of your penis, the third is a Russian oligarch problem mainly:

1.) Width

2.) Length

3.) Zotac card looks like a super yatch

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

You have three concerns with this card! The first two you are use to because of your penis, the third is a Russian oligarch problem mainly:

1.) Width

2.) Length

3.) Zotac card looks like a super yatch

I actually kinda like the weird way it looks :P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I actually kinda like the weird way it looks :P

Excellent! Honestly all of the AIB card look a little wonk compared to the clean and simply look of the FE. But since Best Buy seems to have either sold out in 1 Ms or never launched this morning, there was no option to get an FE in NA. 

2 hours ago, elbobo said:

I see both 4080 cards having absolutely zero value to anybody outside of the new features of Frame Generation and AV1 encoding.  For any game without DLSS3, they won't be a significant upgrade over a 3090... hell the 12GB looks like it's going to be slower in a lot of games. And they are incredibly overpriced compared to the sales we are seeing and will see on 3000 cards.  The 16GB just doesn't make any sense at its price either, when a few bucks more gets you substantially better performance.

Somehow Nvidia has managed to make the 4090 a decent value.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, elbobo said:

Over an hour after launch and Newegg still has a model in stock. Granted it's a $1900 watercooled monster but still I expected there to be nothing left anywhere after minute 2 of the launch

That is suprising! I wonder if the price really is driving people away. I'll bet its still sold out by lunch though!

1 minute ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I see both 4080 cards having absolutely zero value to anybody outside of the new features of Frame Generation and AV1 encoding.  For any game without DLSS3, they won't be a significant upgrade over a 3090... hell the 12GB looks like it's going to be slower in a lot of games. And they are incredibly overpriced compared to the sales we are seeing and will see on 3000 cards.  The 16GB just doesn't make any sense at its price either, when a few bucks more gets you substantially better performance.

Somehow Nvidia has managed to make the 4090 a decent value.

Yeah, when they decided to delay the reviews of the 4080s I assume iot would be the reverse and that people would be scratching their heads regarding the cost/power edge of the 4090. Let's hope for a really high level of DLSS3 adoption! 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

That is suprising! I wonder if the price really is driving people away. I'll bet its still sold out by lunch though!

I personally didn't think it would be too hard to get. The huge price and crypto death means EZ. Also if no one is buying it that means they'll drop the price for us normal people soon. :feelsgood:

Just now, crispy4000 said:
NVIDIA-DLSS-3-740x389.jpg
WCCFTECH.COM

NVIDIA recently introduced its new DLSS 3 technology that adds a new feature known as Frame Generation on supported GPUs.

Wait now, does this mean the new flow processors are complete BS, at least in terms of dedicated hardware? 

• Sicko Sherman 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Wait now, does this mean the new flow processors are complete BS, at least in terms of dedicated hardware? 

Probably not totally, given that this guy is saying it's more unstable.

While there's definitely a performance gain on older cards with DLSS 3 frame generation enabled, it should be pointed out that it wasn't without its fair share of issues. The user experienced instability and frame drops so running frame generation on DLSS 3 won't get you the most optimized gaming experience at the moment since it is designed with GeForce RTX 40 graphics cards in mind.