Nvidia 4xxx Series - The Official Perennially Disappointing Hunt for More Power!

Mr.Vic20

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I'm willing to go with an 8K non OLED IF the image quality is VERY close and if the feature set is matured. I went through 4 living room TVs to seetle on my current C9. I don't plan to make the same mistake with 8K.

Sony's new mini led is already 1:1 with the best OLEDs it looks like. The issue with mini led is that quality for black levels will vary greatly between brands/models, so, right now at least, Sony's is king (and by a lot) compared with other mini led (except maybe ASUS's mini led monitor).

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Also, it need to *only* be 65", as anything larger is silly for my arrangement. 

Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

QD-OLED should make burn-in not a thing with OLEDs, but, it's still "theoretical" and I think LED is still brighter (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that). Also, QD-OLED is currently limited to 65" :sick:

I was going to get 65” likely anyway until I jump to 8k! Maybe 75”, but I bet they have those next year. LED is still brighter, but it seems like it could be as close as we can get to best of both worlds. But I will have to see what next years models look like.

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

I was going to get 65” likely anyway until I jump to 8k! Maybe 75”, but I bet they have those next year. LED is still brighter, but it seems like it could be as close as we can get to best of both worlds. But I will have to see what next years models look like.

Watch that Sony review I posted, high-end Mini LED seems to be the best as the amount of blooming in dark scenes is the same that OLED has (unnoticeable unless you shove your face against the TV). There's no "best of both worlds", just "best" here :p 

I think the only downside with Sony is that it uses AndroidOS/AndroidTV for the built-in functions :sadsun:

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Watch that Sony review I posted, high-end Mini LED seems to be the best as the amount of blooming in dark scenes is the same that OLED has (unnoticeable unless you shove your face against the TV). There's no "best of both worlds", just "best" here :p 

I think the only downside with Sony is that it uses AndroidOS/AndroidTV for the built-in functions :sadsun:

I’ll have to watch later! I definitely don’t mind paying extra for a Sony. Though I’m not going to dive too deep in before I plan to actually buy one because who knows what next year looks like! Actually I’d go Sony for QD-Oled so it’ll probably just be between whatever Sony QD-Oled and mini led‘s look good.

I will say when I saw the X95k in person I thought it WAS the QD-oled one at first, so that makes sense that the black levels are that good! Maybe actually the X95k on sale as it’s being replaced next year is a possibility  too.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

That's what I'm doing in the beginning of next-gen. I will obviously ask for advice here before making a purchase but since I'm a graphics whore it only makes sense I join the master race!

Nice. I am targeting December or January to buy a pre-built. I have no desire to build a PC from scratch. Rather pay a bit extra and have someone do it for me. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@best3444 Built you a computer, totally affordable! Buy now imo

spacer.png

STARFORGESYSTEMS.COM

The next generation masterwork PC from Starforge Systems. Powerful, resilient, and uncompromising.

I am looking at something like this. LTT did a review of this build. It looks good and price is ok for a prebuilt. 

@best3444 and I are gonna get shamed to the point where we give up and stick to consoles. 

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

Nice. I am targeting December or January to buy a pre-built. I have no desire to build a PC from scratch. Rather pay a bit extra and have someone do it for me. 

STARFORGESYSTEMS.COM

The next generation masterwork PC from Starforge Systems. Powerful, resilient, and uncompromising.

I am looking at something like this. LTT did a review of this build. It looks good and price is ok for a prebuilt. 

@best3444 and I are gonna get shamed to the point where we give up and stick to consoles. 

I always used sites where you pick out parts then pay and they build it or this one I paid my Dad to do it. I’m not good with my hands with that sorta thing and don’t trust myself at all.

I know how to do it and can do most of it, but I would definitely mess up the fan/cpu/motherboard part.

On 10/11/2022 at 4:31 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

Reviews are out today folks and the hunt begins in ernest tomorrow morning! Here is where the the weeps of anguish and the whoops of adulation may transpire! The road is long, but remember this, its also poorly maintened and there are few rest stops along its length! :sun:

Deal on your 3090ti? anyone else upgrading and will have a 3070-3090ti for sale let's talk plz?

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I always used sites where you pick out parts then pay and they build it or this one I paid my Dad to do it. I’m not good with my hands with that sorta thing and don’t trust myself at all.

I know how to do it and can do most of it, but I would definitely mess up the fan/cpu/motherboard part.

It's not that bad. I had a pretty long hiatus and I still was able to build a working machine. (think it was like a 4 year period post HS or something without building one) 

Though I think that might be a good option for me in the future. My hands feel 36 years old and I need to start making a conscious decision to prioritize other hobbies. I won't be able to paint and build models or terrain sooner then I won't be able to play video games.

I like the idea that the Pc is built, tested and backed by a 2 year warranty. Once I get it, I plug in and download Steam. It will be very console like experience which I like. 

• Halal 1

Just now, HardAct said:

Deal on your 3090ti? anyone else upgrading and will have a 3070-3090ti for sale let's talk plz?

You have a 2080ti right? I’d honestly skip the 3000’s and just wait and get a 4000 later when prices drop or hold out for 5000 which I imagine will be the more reasonably priced line in comparison. Paying a lot of money and not getting dlss3 now, idk.

Otherwise, I do have a 3080 I’m putting in ebay and could sell for $500/shipping, I think that’s less than they go for on ebay. But I’d probably wait.

Y

O

L

O

Well in a few years hopefully I'm making a little more money and I always have overtime to really bank. I just want to be sure I pull the trigger at a perfect time next gen so that the card i buy would hold up throughout the gen. If that's possible I guess.

2 hours ago, HardAct said:

I'm selling my 3080 Ti. I listed it on eBay but will pull the listing down if you're interested. They're going for $800 + shipping on average on eBay, but I'd do less if you'd want it since I won't get hit with the stupid ass eBay fees :p 

But, like Stepee said, you may be better off just grabbing a 4080 when they come out next month. 100% up to you, my guy! :santasun:

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I'm selling my 3080 Ti. I listed it on eBay but will pull the listing down if you're interested. They're going for $800 + shipping on average on eBay, but I'd do less if you'd want it since I won't get hit with the stupid ass eBay fees :p 

But, like Stepee said, you may be better off just grabbing a 4080 when they come out next month. 100% up to you, my guy! :santasun:

Damn, nvm someone just bought the card for the buy it now price :p 

• Haha 2

On 10/12/2022 at 10:53 AM, stepee said:

You have a 2080ti right? I’d honestly skip the 3000’s and just wait and get a 4000 later when prices drop or hold out for 5000 which I imagine will be the more reasonably priced line in comparison. Paying a lot of money and not getting dlss3 now, idk.

Otherwise, I do have a 3080 I’m putting in ebay and could sell for $500/shipping, I think that’s less than they go for on ebay. But I’d probably wait.

YUPPERS!

The plan all along was to build a ground up gaming pc using a 4090 but it won't be this year. I'm just caught up in the hype and dreaming. My PC still kicks ass, I'm blown away by the 40 series benchmarks so far. WOW JUST WOW! I was just seeing if anyone had a 3090/3090ti they'd sell cheapish I might jump as a placeholder. I'll need everything when I do a 40series build. I'm still rocking the i79700k / 2080ti combo and it's a really great gaming pc. I just want a 4090 and I know it'll be at least next year around march'ish! 

Hoping I can just gift me current PC to my son who is struggling with some tough times as of late. Oh well next year. I wish personally I could wait till the 50 series but I know that will never happen. My NZXT h700i case will easily fit these new cards but I'll be using a new case too next build.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, HardAct said:

YUPPERS!

The plan all along was to build a ground up gaming pc using a 4090 but it won't be this year. I'm just caught up in the hype and dreaming. My PC still kicks ass, I'm blown away by the 40 series benchmarks so far. WOW JUST WOW! I was just seeing if anyone had a 3090/3090ti they'd sell cheapish I might jump as a placeholder. I'll need everything when I do a 40series build. I'm still rocking the i79700k / 2080ti combo and it's a really great gaming pc. I just want a 4090 and I know it'll be at least next year around march'ish! 

Definitely will be worth the wait!

Just to add a 4090 minimum i'd need a new power supply {on Corsair 750 platinum now} of 850W and them could build around it down the road. The thing would bottleneck everything I have....lol My NZXT700i case can hold a card of at least 16 inches though. Dreaming of a i5-13600k or 5 7600x/ 4090Ti /1000watt psu for some time :D

• Like 1