Interview With The Vampire (AMC) - yeah, it's pretty damned good!

The reviews have been VERY positive and having just seen the first episode, I definitely gotta agree with 'em!

c1ee8cebabc7c51fa546f28263593390.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

AMC concocts a wholly fresh take on the Anne Rice franchise that remains true to the spirit of its source material

interview-with-the-vampire-season-1-01.j
WWW.VANITYFAIR.COM

The sexuality—and psychopathy—is anything but implied in AMC’s series interpretation of the classic Anne Rice vampire tale.

image?q=60&c=sc&rect=0%2C65%2C2000%2C106
EW.COM

Jacob Anderson and Sam Reid sizzle in Anne Rice's gothic melodrama, which becomes an endearing (if murder-y) relationship dramedy in TV form. Read our review.

interview-with-the-vampire-amc-social-fe
COLLIDER.COM

'Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire' will premiere Sunday, October 2 on AMC and AMC+.

interview-with-the-vampire-jacob-anderso
WWW.THEWRAP.COM

The AMC series adaptation of Interview with the Vampire puts LGBTQ+ and racial themes front and center in an updated twist on the story of Louis and Lestat.

interviewwiththevampire.jpg
WWW.SLANTMAGAZINE.COM

'Interview with the Vampire' embraces the opulence of the source material while adding a few modern flourishes of its own.

9b046074e4327fded4e395b74b2ea0de.png
GIZMODO.COM

AMC's new Anne Rice series flays itself open, making raw nerves of the characters and creating an adaptation that is sexy, visceral, and self-aware.

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Interview With The Vampire (AMC) - yeah, it's pretty damned good!

The wife and I, both being big fans of the book series and the original film, both really liked this episode! It was very good, and the show has already been renewed for a season 2 I believe. Some die-hard book and film enthusiasts are complaining about the changes, the changes are fine and update the story properly. I think people forget that Anne Rice and her son were heavily involved as producers on this show before her passing last December, so I imagine she approved of these changes for the most part. I was very entertained - everyone should be watching this.

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Sure has!

IWTV_102_1208_MS_0234_RT.jpg?w=1024
VARIETY.COM

The "Interview with the Vampire" series at AMC has been renewed for Season 2 at AMC.

I thought so - hell yeah! Man, it would be great if they adapted all the books over time, properly. The second, third, and fourth books get real good and really crazy. I really appreciated that the episode took its time to establish the setting and seemed to respect all of its characters. That was refreshing, everyone has considerable depth without calling attention to it. Even Louis' mom did a heel turn completely in keeping with her character while making her meaner/more complex.

Also as just a heads up, AMC (responsible for Interview with the Vampire) is also adapting Anne Rice's The Lives of Mayfair Witches, which crosses over with The Vampire Chronicles universe. We may get crossovers, which would be awesome. With AMC owning the rights to both and doing shows about both, it's an inevitability so long as both shows last. Anne Rice-verse incoming - about time.

l-intro-1664808737.jpg
WWW.SLASHFILM.COM

The Anne Rice universe expands with AMC's adaptation of The Lives of the Mayfair Witches.

Episode two last night was even better than the premiere - really digging the time the show is taking whilst also giving us glimpses in to the present day life of a vampire. More people really need to be watching and supporting this show. I love the no bullshit dialogue responses by Eric Bogosian (the podcaster) regarding vampire stuff.

8 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Episode two last night was even better than the premiere - really digging the time the show is taking whilst also giving us glimpses in to the present day life of a vampire. More people really need to be watching and supporting this show. I love the no bullshit dialogue responses by Eric Bogosian (the podcaster) regarding vampire stuff.

There were some genuinely funny parts in the second episode :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. :lol: The coffins, picking the mark, the multiple course meal, "you were loaded", etc. It's the fun part of the original novel and movie too. 

What would've been even better would've been to have had the entire "coffin conversation" occur with the lids closed!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Third episode aired last night and the show just gets better and better. Everyone on the show is really good, but the actor playing Lestat is just killing it. Darkly comic but always sincere and gothic, I'm really enjoying this show.

Oh yeah - the actor playing Lestat is really sinking his teeth into the role!

Yeah, that's right - I just couldn't resist!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I missed the first episode of 2 before I started watching and it’s pretty gay and awesome. It’s like saying it’s the more mature version of True Blood in blood, sex, and violence front. I think all 4 main cast members should receive some award nods come there (but will be hard to beat Andor) I too saw the twist I think 3 episodes before the end, but it was still satisfying. Bring on season 2 

• Halal 1

On 11/17/2022 at 5:36 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Just to clarify, the (totally-not-telegraphed-at-all) twist I'm referring to is that:

Hide contents

Rashid is Armand.

I also was beginning to suspect around episode 5. It seems the show is trying to shift everything to 2022, which makes sense. I really liked this development. The wife and I finally caught up on the final three episodes and damn. Episode 5 fight scene is something to behold - everyone needs to be watching this show! Really happy a season 2 is already confirmed. 

• Halal 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/24/2023 at 6:10 PM, stepee said:

He’s vanished before but hopefully he comes back along with @sblfilms and @Zaku3

I'm just REALLY busy at the moment. I made a longer post over in the CEB community thread. I'll be back around on a regular basis in a few months, but I'll try and pop in from time to time. I am 1 of 1 :p 

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I'm just REALLY busy at the moment. I made a longer post over in the CEB community thread. I'll be back around on a regular basis in a few months, but I'll try and pop in from time to time. I am 1 of 1 :p 

Just happy you are doing well man! Glad to hear it, I always forget that thread so I missed it :P

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Just happy you are doing well man! Glad to hear it, I always forget that thread so I missed it :P

I JUST made it now as one of the D1Pers who I am FB friends with mentioned that Thewhyeboar had asked where I was this morning. But yes, I am doing well <3