China’s population projections don’t look good for them! At all! Projected down by about 50% by 2100

5 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Since everything is such a commodity to be bought and sold that I agree with this. Before you needed alot of kids because only so many would survive but now you can effectively control when you want to have kids. Since everythjng is so expensive in our ever worsing neoliberal hellscape eventually having a child becomes a luxury of wealth. Also I imagine most people have some sort of traumatic childhood so like after 5 years of therapy about to turn 37 in March I feel as "ready" as a person can be to have a child.

Also I'd eat my hate if this is another American century. Our country has too many contradictions in the system that nobody really cares enough to solve or you can't solve it fast enough for things to not fall apart. The solution was to never let things get this bad in the first place. I have 17ish years to retire at Vz with a full pension and I don't think this country has 17 years in it. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's got 20 so I can just move in with @CitizenVectron after I earned a pension. 

If we are around as a country in 20 years time and not a fascist dictatorship then we are the luckiest civ to ever exist but everyone's luck runs out eventually.

I can accept two American refugees with the current space in our house.

26 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I can accept two American refugees with the current space in our house.

Someone may be able to take my spot. Found this amazing Brazilian model so I am debating if I should attempt to find an equivalent woman that doesnt have over 2 mil followers on IG so I can married. Planning is still ongoing.

Edit: After 5 years of surgery I still do technically love my ex-wife still and to change your life you gotta do different things. I do need to visit my grandma that past about 4 years ago. Didn't because I didnt want to deal wit like not seeing my ex and my old in laws but I'm ready so I want to go this year. Would be for a weekend and I think I'll see if she wants to see me. Will stay longer if things go well. Can be there for just a weekend and nothing positive happening between us would be pretty solid evidence that she ain't for me.

6 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Remember folks. America can always be trusted to do the right thing, after exhausting every other option first.

True but we are basically in a crisis and doing everything before the right thing is fatal in this case.

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

You tellin' me I gotta fuck?

No just that technically humanity works by gen A needing Gen B to take care of them so like you raise your kid and assuming you aren't a terrible parent (my father) they should pay you back when you are older.

I understand in that I'm still hesistant about how grim dark the universe but I see people like that and it's got to suck. Like older people that have no one to help them or they call us to talk to someone. That's the future you gonna get if you don't have progeny. YMMV but if the chance of eternal damnation in hell wasn't any number more then zero i'd probably just shoot myself at that point.

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

No just that technically humanity works by gen A needing Gen B to take care of them so like you raise your kid and assuming you aren't a terrible parent (my father) they should pay you back when you are older.

I understand in that I'm still hesistant about how grim dark the universe but I see people like that and it's got to suck. Like older people that have no one to help them or they call us to talk to someone. That's the future you gonna get if you don't have progeny. YMMV but if the chance of eternal damnation in hell wasn't any number more then zero i'd probably just shoot myself at that point.

My wife and I aren't having kids and we're not too scared about it. The reality is that most elderly people in western society are already abandoned by their parents. Most end up in care homes and see their kids once or twice a month. So, our plan is just to have enough money that we can pay for care (and be with each other).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

My wife and I aren't having kids and we're not too scared about it. The reality is that most elderly people in western society are already abandoned by their parents. Most end up in care homes and see their kids once or twice a month. So, our plan is just to have enough money that we can pay for care (and be with each other).

My gf occasionally goes through the fears of not having any but I remind her the lifestyle we have is not conducive to reproduction and if she changes her mind our relationship ends.

We can afford a live in lvn in the future 

20 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

We can afford a live in lvn in the future 

Gonna press x for doubt here unless in ~40 years you can afford the CA median of ~20k a month in home health services (depending on your level of care) per Genworth’s latest cost of care survey/inflation calculator 

LTC costs are spiraling wildly out of control and the only thing that can possibly save us is collective action through government and so many people have no idea how bad it really is and will be even for current near retirees

have fun:

CostofCare2020_OpenGraph_1200x630.jpg
WWW.GENWORTH.COM

Discover and compare the average cost of long term care by care facilities and state with our yearly reports.

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Gonna press x for doubt here unless in ~40 years you can afford the CA median of ~20k a month in home health services (depending on your level of care) per Genworth’s latest cost of care survey/inflation calculator 

LTC costs are spiraling wildly out of control and the only thing that can possibly save us is collective action through government and so many people have no idea how bad it really is and will be even for current near retirees

have fun:

CostofCare2020_OpenGraph_1200x630.jpg
WWW.GENWORTH.COM

Discover and compare the average cost of long term care by care facilities and state with our yearly reports.

Not staying in California

my pension alone will cover that 

gods bless my union 

7 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Not staying in California

my pension alone will cover that 

gods bless my union 

It’s worth noting that I used an inflation rate below historical averages and bumping from 3% to 5% takes you from ~20k/month to ~54k/month in CA. Alabama and Florida go from 13k to 30k/ month and 16k to 37k a month respectively and those are probably the cheapest states. 

I can only assume you’re thinking out of country for this and that would be significantly cheaper (but again not an option for 99% of people)

the state of CA also has good LTC insurance policies for state employees too but I’m unsure if they can be used out of country as most insurance won’t cover foreign LTC 

5 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It’s worth noting that I used an inflation rate below historical averages and bumping from 3% to 5% takes you from ~20k/month to ~54k/month in CA. Alabama and Florida go from 13k to 30k/ month and 16k to 37k a month respectively and those are probably the cheapest states. 

I can only assume you’re thinking out of country for this and that would be significantly cheaper (but again not an option for 99% of people)

the state of CA also has good LTC insurance policies for state employees too but I’m unsure if they can be used out of country as most insurance won’t cover foreign LTC 

Most of my projections are based upon needing assistance with adls vs being total care.

cause if I’m anywhere near total care I’ll opt out. Adl assistance will not be that expensive.

22 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

That is fine but you aren't scare about it now but that doesn't mean that isn't a grim dark future but yes do you. My statement is more about people not really thinking about stuff like that and more of the a baby would cramp my style/take up too much of my disposable income. 

Just a thought I had while on weed. It might not be a galaxy brain strat in fairness. I do try to check things out when I'm sober cuz there is a fine line between thinking outside of the box and thinking while wearing a box on your head.

Being on the downward slope of raising children (16, 13, 11), I feel like I’m getting to the harvest from all the hours working the soil, planting the seeds, and watering.

It is significantly more rewarding for me to see my children turning into good people as they get closer to adulthood than any accomplishments of my own. My oldest is doing so well in his second semester of college that I think he will probably be able to finish his undergrad in 3 years, if he wants. I want to tell everybody about him, how hard he works at school. How hard he works at his job (and I’m his boss, and there is no employee I ride harder than him 😂). How good of a friend he is. How he is also still a silly kid that finds a way to work 69420 into as many usernames or passwords as he can.

Being a parent isn’t for everyone, but man, it is for me ❤️

9 minutes ago, chakoo said:

My only major issue atm being a parent is the non stop getting stick in the early years. I've got a 16 month old stuck home today with the runs. -.-

I feel like I need to go back to staying up overnight to make progress on work. :|

Assuming I fix stuff with my exwife or find someone else ya I'm not looking forward to shit. So hopefully I find someone that doesn't mind that and I can do throw up duty.

7 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

@sblfilms when did you accept the Lord and Savior Joseph Smith into your heart?

Interestingly (to some, I suppose), the particular Christian tradition that I grew up in had its roots in the same circle as those that produced the LDS church.

14 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

There are a few that come to my mind. Curious which one specifically though.

Campbell and the restoration movement. Smith at one point held a similar notion as Campbell, that the Church needed to return to its primitive roots in the post-Pentecost mold of Acts. Campbell eventually connects with Stone, and you see the emergence of the Churches of Christ and the Disciples of Christ.

Smith decided he wanted to also have sex with young girls, soooo, they all went their separate ways 😂

But there remains a lot of cultural similarity between the average LDS member and the average CofC/DoC member due to the restorationist effects on those groups.

45 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Campbell and the restoration movement. Smith at one point held a similar notion as Campbell, that the Church needed to return to its primitive roots in the post-Pentecost mold of Acts. Campbell eventually connects with Stone, and you see the emergence of the Churches of Christ and the Disciples of Christ.

Smith decided he wanted to also have sex with young girls, soooo, they all went their separate ways 😂

But there remains a lot of cultural similarity between the average LDS member and the average CofC/DoC member due to the restorationist effects on those groups.

The early 1800s on the east coast were wild times. Everybody having visions and visitations nonsense.