Fitness & Nutrition

SuperSpreader

Oh, the other reason besides sativa I’m pumping with energy still this late? Guess what I did today mother fuckers?

I ran.

By that I mean I jogged in place for about 3 minutes or so for two sets. And also checked across the hotel room floor a few times and I was able to as weird as it may look. But running in place especially worked really well to my surprise.

I wasn’t sure if I would do that again so Im pretty pumped about that. 

In general over the last month or so now that I’ve started traveling I’ve been trying to build up endurance. So Ive actually started to actively try to improve my physical health for the first time since my 20s. This was the latest step in that.

Just a few months ago I felt I was barely getting around stores okay, but now that I’ve worked harder on building my strength, I’m walking zoos and parks for hours. 

I’ve being doing very basic exercises. I’m doing push ups, sit ups, side sit ups, dumbbell lifts, and dumbbell curls, and cardio via power walking, today escalated to jogging in place. When I get back home I’ll potentially join a gym so I can use a machine to continue that cardio since I don’t like using my park for obvious reasons.

But yeah my energy level has skyrocketed, my back feels better, I feel happier and more centered, it’s really made a big improvement in how I feel health wise mentally and physically in a short time. 

Right now I really want to just focus on making sure I keep exercising and making progress in my stamina but later on def might hit you boys for some tips.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

On 7/27/2023 at 11:42 PM, stepee said:

Oh, the other reason besides sativa I’m pumping with energy still this late? Guess what I did today mother fuckers?

I ran.

By that I mean I jogged in place for about 3 minutes or so for two sets. And also checked across the hotel room floor a few times and I was able to as weird as it may look. But running in place especially worked really well to my surprise.

I wasn’t sure if I would do that again so Im pretty pumped about that. 

In general over the last month or so now that I’ve started traveling I’ve been trying to build up endurance. So Ive actually started to actively try to improve my physical health for the first time since my 20s. This was the latest step in that.

Just a few months ago I felt I was barely getting around stores okay, but now that I’ve worked harder on building my strength, I’m walking zoos and parks for hours. 

I’ve being doing very basic exercises. I’m doing push ups, sit ups, side sit ups, dumbbell lifts, and dumbbell curls, and cardio via power walking, today escalated to jogging in place. When I get back home I’ll potentially join a gym so I can use a machine to continue that cardio since I don’t like using my park for obvious reasons.

But yeah my energy level has skyrocketed, my back feels better, I feel happier and more centered, it’s really made a big improvement in how I feel health wise mentally and physically in a short time. 

Right now I really want to just focus on making sure I keep exercising and making progress in my stamina but later on def might hit you boys for some tips.

This is awesome news, congrats! Are you still feeling some pain and just moving through it, or are you (hopefully) not experiencing chronic pain?

5 minutes ago, Nokra said:

This is awesome news, congrats! Are you still feeling some pain and just moving through it, or are you (hopefully) not experiencing chronic pain?

Oh no unfortunately that still persists, especially the throbbing/burning of the wound area pain around my ankle. I think some of the pain I’ve felt just moving around previously was due to letting the muscles weaken and that part is getting better but that was never the biggest issue. My endurance and just getting used to moving my leg better is improving however.

The thing with most of the chronic pain is movement doesn’t seem to affect it, so I can be sitting on my bed in pain, or out exploring beautiful Banff in pain.

• Hugs 2

So tired of my knee. Had arthroscopic May 3rd to clean it up. Dealt with expected pain/swelling week to week being on my feet a lot with work.  Kept improving and such but then on Wednesday this week i suddenly had a lot of instability in the knee. Got worse Thursday and then Friday not as unstable but just pretty swollen. Really hasn’t swelled like this since right after the surgery.  Swelling seemed to be just as bad laying around and icing it all day today.  Why did it just suddenly do this? It’s weird because it’s really not painful at all, it’s just swelling to the point walking feels weird and uncomfortable.  Called the surgeon yesterday but his assistant said he’s on vacation till Wednesday. Blahhhh…

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Hugs 1

22 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

@DarkStar189 I've had similar problems with my knee since I also had arthroscopic surgery in high school. Since that happened, my knee has gone completely out for no reason; I've fallen a few times, I've had terrible pains, and my knee sometimes gets very wobbly.

Sorry to hear that. Joints can be a real pain in the ass.  I don’t even have some crazy injury to show for it. It just became a problem early last year and was never right again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Sorry to hear that. Joints can be a real pain in the ass.  I don’t even have some crazy injury to show for it. It just became a problem early last year and was never right again.

It was my first night, and within the first hour of working at Funcoland, I had bent my knees to pick up boxes. My kneecap had popped out of place and gone under the bone. When I stood up, my kneecap fractured the bone. The surgeon said it was just a freak accident after the surgery.

• Shocked 2

4 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Ya'll are stim lightweights. I take an ECA stack in the morning all the time. 

With the amount of cardiovascular damaging drugs I do I try and avoid stimulants unless I really need it.

like when I take sleep aides and don’t want to be groggy half my conscious hours.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

With the amount of cardiovascular damaging drugs I do I try and avoid stimulants unless I really need it.

like when I take sleep aides and don’t want to be groggy half my conscious hours.

I'm lucky to have low blood pressure. I've measured my blood pressure and heart rate before and after an ECA and there is basically no difference.

7 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

The greatest risk of steroids is the narrowing and hardening of your arteries. I hope you are keeping tabs on that. 

The big thing stimulants do is increase cardiac contractility and cardiac output by both an increased rate, chronotrophy, and squeeze, introphy. with underlying cardiovascular disease this places you at increased risk for a cardiac event.

As far as aas, they have several underlying risks associated with the hdl to ldl ratios being seriously fucked up, all anabolics and androgens are fundamentally cholesterol after all, and both cardiomyopathy and cardiomegaly.

Ekgs are fine but cloestetol is bad and that’s 100% the steroids I use as my diet is clean af. It’s just a risk I’ve become accustomed to and accepted.

All things in moderation but caffeine is w

absolutely bad for you past a certain level, just like steroids dose and chronicity are the problems.

But a life without mood alteration is also a life not worth living so.

Just like in my case, if I die a few years earlier but look better throughout my life as a result of my choices I’m willing to make that trade. I would much rather feel comfortable on my travels because I look good than take more trips while looking as bad as I do now.

We all make trades.

• True 1

I’ve been drinking less caffeine while out vacationing but I’m sure I go back to my mood altering mix of pot and iced coffee when I get back.

For energy though in the morning now, first thing I do when I’m ready to get up is just do a set of push-ups. That usually wakes me right up and then I keep exercising on and off from where before I do whatever. I like it because it’s just a really quick east thing to do to get that initial rush.

I've been back in the gym since mid January and my squat numbers have by far come back the fastest. Then back lift numbers. Chest is struggling but it was my weakest pre-pandemic too.

Not sure about back vs chest but I guess the legs quick rebound makes sense since you know you use those every day, and I was walking to work for over a year before I got back into the gym.

Question: Elliptical machine, I want it I want it I want it. I did a mile on it in under 15 minutes and keep in mind it’s still less than two years since I was ran over by a truck. And it felt so good, it bypasses a lot of my foot issues because im not slamming the foot into the pavement. And idk I enjoyed it and that’s important. I’ve been using a bunch of different ones to get to that point, but they all seemed fine to me.

But I’m on the second floor.. if i put a matt down, am I okay for not disrupting the neighbors?

edit: And also as I was traveling and I tried different bikes and treadmills but this was the type that stuck with me. Also it seems to really hit the areas of strength in my legs that walking doesn’t compensate for. I think if I had something like that on the reg maybe getting off the ground wouldn’t be so fucking bad.

Nice, I’m only focused on keeping a consistent speed that won’t have me give up at the moment but this time it was 14 minutes. It looks like the average mile for a male my age is about 10.5 minutes, that would be a cool goal to hit after the whole being ran over and having my leg reconstructed thing.

5 hours ago, stepee said:

Nice, I’m only focused on keeping a consistent speed that won’t have me give up at the moment but this time it was 14 minutes. It looks like the average mile for a male my age is about 10.5 minutes, that would be a cool goal to hit after the whole being ran over and having my leg reconstructed thing.

You might wanna try cycling. It is much easier on your body. 

19 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Oh my bad I didn't read your previous post and assumed you were talking about running.  Ellipical is also a low impact exercise. 

lol I thought that was it. while I have you here, any idea about using these things on a second story floor if that would be okay or if it would shake the floor a lot?

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol I thought that was it. while I have you here, any idea about using these things on a second story floor if that would be okay or if it would shake the floor a lot?

I don't know much about ellipticals but at least from what I've seen they are pretty smooth and don't shake.

• Thanks 1