Fitness & Nutrition

SuperSpreader

1 hour ago, TUFKAK said:

I’m getting real annoyed having to wear water shirts on my travels, especially when the med is as warm as it is today.

I actually went on a big rant about having to wear a shirt in US airports last time my Dad tried to complain about vax junk 

36 minutes ago, stepee said:

I actually went on a big rant about having to wear a shirt in US airports last time my Dad tried to complain about vax junk 

I was more referencing how bad my body looks and I cover it but

I really need to hear this story 😂

Head back to the third world tomorrow, I never want to leave Crete, but now I have two months to get cut enough for the South Pacific, I’m on accommodation for another 6 weeks so I should be able to make progress especially since I’ll be adding tren into my stack.

Live well leave a big coffin.

I’m 90% sure that about 3 weeks ago I caught Covid (not badly, just a persistent cough, fatigue and shortness of breath). Suffice to say, my grand summer fitness plans were put on hold. Just went for a very gentle 1.5 miles this morning ans felt good, so going to push on. I’ve decided that arbitrarily I’m aiming to lose 10kg by Christmas, so that’s the focus. 

In fact, just to continue the arbitrary goals, they’ll be:

Run 5 miles at a comfortable pace (50 minutes).

Complete 40 press ups without a rest

Hold a front plank for 3 minutes

Complete 8 pull ups/chin ups

I’m aware that the above isn’t hard, but it’s a nice feeling to have something to aim for (to beat!).

• Halal 1

I just bought this:

Honestly just can’t stand destroying my feet on the pavement now that the length of my cardio has gone up. And the uneven ground. That and the trucks still driving through the park, and all the other annoyances everywhere else. And trying to get out of here before it’s 80 degrees and needing to put on sunscreen before I shower and then have to put it on again.

Oh, and I hate trying to make picking up coffee as part of the walk because there are two long lights, that are so long, I have to walk side ways and back to keep the cardio up. Like 3-4 minutes, hate those lights. So that idea to avoid the park wasn’t working for me either.

I used one of these on vacation. It’s not as fancy as some of the Norditrack and Bowflex ones, in regards to the display but those required wifi to even use them at all and for an exercise machine ehhhhh idk about that. I just want to replace power walking outside. Anything else is a bonus.

The biggest complaint I read in reviews is the assembly so I just paid for in room delivery with assembly and also ordered a mat to put it on. I’m hoping it really is quiet enough to use here on the second floor but there is a 30 days money back policy so we will find out.

Cant waiiiiit. Really really hope it works out ok in here it would be such a huge improvement over trying to do cardio outside.

• Hype 1

Honestly, my downstairs neighbor has been sawing a couch into pieces constantly for like a fucking WEEK so even if it makes a little noise he can eat it. 

All week long I thought they were actually moving out there has been so much sawing, and stomping, and what sounds like people coming in and out, and hammering. It’s been all week so I assumed they moved and now the place was being renovated. 

Then I see one of them (the brother, who seems to have some hockey related brain injuries and is taken care of by the sister) and they are like, oh hey sorry about all the noise, we had to get rid of the couch. And I’m like, the couch? And he explains that his sister decided their couch was junk and needed to go so they were getting rid of it. So, apparently they have been sawing this thing apart themselves bit by bit and throwing it away?????

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, best3444 said:

Not laughing at the situation but sawing a goddamn couch makes absolutely no sense at all. Jesus that's weird. 

When I was moving into my old apartment I was on the 7th floor (top of the building), and my old couch could not fit in the elevator. The movers brought it up the stairs. When moving out in April/May 2020 I didn’t want to bother with moving it, couldn’t get any help it being the peak of covid isolation, and since it wouldn’t fit in one piece in the elevator, I simply borrowed my friends 5 lb maul and went all Dexter on the thing taking it piece by piece down the elevator to the dumpster. I had 15 foot ceilings and nothing else was in the apartment so it was a lot of fun!

so, you know, I get it. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

When I was moving into my old apartment I was on the 7th floor (top of the building), and my old couch could not fit in the elevator. The movers brought it up the stairs. When moving out in April/May 2020 I didn’t want to bother with moving it, couldn’t get any help it being the peak of covid isolation, and since it wouldn’t fit in one piece in the elevator, I simply borrowed my friends 5 lb maul and went all Dexter on the thing taking it piece by piece down the elevator to the dumpster. I had 15 foot ceilings and nothing else was in the apartment so it was a lot of fun!

so, you know, I get it. 

Yea but that's a rare case. Stepee probably can make more sense of this. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea but that's a rare case. Stepee probably can make more sense of this. 

No, no I cannot (they are on the first floor…)!

Also, just the amount of time it took them, they must be cutting off really small chunks at a time, I would think like cut it five times or so should be fine. 

Primo is somehow better than tren and im getting annoyed now, weighed in and measured and im bigger and heavier which was not the goal and im not eating for that, I may have to run the velocity diet if this lasts another two weeks but am reducing another 300 calories now, damn 10% carb now. My body is weird.

Finally got my delivery and assembly set for a week from today for my elliptical! I’m so hype, my feet are especially pumped for this change now that i’m at 3 miles on the pavement. I’ll be out of town but my Dad will receive it and then it’ll be all set  for when I get back!

• Hype 2

On 8/20/2023 at 7:11 PM, stepee said:

Then I see one of them (the brother, who seems to have some hockey related brain injuries and is taken care of by the sister) and they are like, oh hey sorry about all the noise, we had to get rid of the couch. And I’m like, the couch? And he explains that his sister decided their couch was junk and needed to go so they were getting rid of it. So, apparently they have been sawing this thing apart themselves bit by bit and throwing it away?????

lol I had to partially disassemble a couch once to get it out the door by sawing part but I just called a junk hauler for 50.00

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went for a jog this morning for the first time in a few weeks. Life and work have meant (like many) the be neglected my physical health. I’m hoping I’ll be able to balance the life triangle of Home-Work-Health this year by capping my time in certain respects (along with my athletic ambitions). Since I’m not playing competitive sport, I think the overarching goal is to get my body into a great place to transition into my 40s and older with the best possible chance of not fucking myself up. 

On 8/20/2023 at 4:46 PM, stepee said:

I just bought this:

Honestly just can’t stand destroying my feet on the pavement now that the length of my cardio has gone up. And the uneven ground. That and the trucks still driving through the park, and all the other annoyances everywhere else. And trying to get out of here before it’s 80 degrees and needing to put on sunscreen before I shower and then have to put it on again.

Oh, and I hate trying to make picking up coffee as part of the walk because there are two long lights, that are so long, I have to walk side ways and back to keep the cardio up. Like 3-4 minutes, hate those lights. So that idea to avoid the park wasn’t working for me either.

I used one of these on vacation. It’s not as fancy as some of the Norditrack and Bowflex ones, in regards to the display but those required wifi to even use them at all and for an exercise machine ehhhhh idk about that. I just want to replace power walking outside. Anything else is a bonus.

Cant waiiiiit. Really really hope it works out ok in here it would be such a huge improvement over trying to do cardio outside.

Fuck treadmills. Most boring shit ever created. The only thing that really keeps me on one is lightning, otherwise I'd rather be outside.

22 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Fuck treadmills. Most boring shit ever created. The only thing that really keeps me on one is lightning, otherwise I'd rather be outside.

Yeah, @stepee, just get outside and run. I can’t think of a single reason why that doesn’t appeal to you, and why having a treadmill elliptical at home would be beneficial in your specific circumstances. No reason at all! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

Went for a jog this morning for the first time in a few weeks. Life and work have meant (like many) the be neglected my physical health. I’m hoping I’ll be able to balance the life triangle of Home-Work-Health this year by capping my time in certain respects (along with my athletic ambitions). Since I’m not playing competitive sport, I think the overarching goal is to get my body into a great place to transition into my 40s and older with the best possible chance of not fucking myself up. 

It’s real hard for me to fully make that mental transition, I know I should, I don’t need to be 245 and lean, but mentally I still want to be. But I also really don’t want to stroke out at 44 either.