Fitness & Nutrition

SuperSpreader

I need to find a workout plan for someone fat and completely out of shape, so needs to start easy enough. I do have a squat rack and bench at home with a powerblock adjustable dumbbell set. I probably should just get a gym membership again though.

14 hours ago, Dodger said:

I need to find a workout plan for someone fat and completely out of shape, so needs to start easy enough. I do have a squat rack and bench at home with a powerblock adjustable dumbbell set. I probably should just get a gym membership again though.

When I started exercising again (i’ve lost about 30lbs since august) I just started doing what was easy and I knew how to do. So I just started walking 3 miles a day to get started on cardio until I felt ready for the elliptical I do now. I also started to do pushups and sit ups and set goals for myself because I knew how to do those and they were free. From there I added weights and eventually had a routine that worked for me. Along with eating healthier.

Any exercise is better than no exercise so just do whatever you are willing to do and start setting incremental goals from there imo.

One thing to watch out for is it can be encouraging the kind of gains you get in the first month or two, but it slows down a lot after that so you want to make sure you have a routine that you will stick with and can live with as you lose some of that visual motivation. But like saving money, if you just keep it up and then look back you’ll see the gains you want, it just gets a lot more incremental so you stop noticing the day to day.

• Halal 1

15 hours ago, Dodger said:

At that level it’s all about lifestyle adjustment. Do not underestimate the power of walking either. Everytime I go to Europe I always lose weight just because I’m walking everywhere.

• Halal 1

First comp for the year done: Lift For Autism 2024. 

Pissed with myself that I didn’t spend more time practicing CBD work; came in dead last in the first event; had I been able to do just a little better, would have wound up winning overall instead of finishing third. 

Still a great time; ended up with the longest hold time for the Hercules Hold for anyone in the men’s class, which was nice, and had the most reps on Saxon Bar Block DL for anyone in the men’s classes, also nice. 

Here’s a highlight reel for anyone interested in seeing me doing my stupid human tricks, lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hype 1

Leaner, I’m below 230 for the first time in awhile, definitely lost strength but size is staying the same which happens in high doses of special supplements. 

Still no corresponding increasing in my libido which is odd and unfortunate because I rebuilt a rotation in preparation for that.