Fitness & Nutrition

SuperSpreader

Yesterday, took the paddle board out on the sea and managed to stay standing for about 3 minutes which was good. Then just finished a morning 8k, 2k slow jog and stretch, 4K up a variety of hills at a decent pace for me, then 2k interval walking and running. Even going this slow I was on pace for my target 10k time which is nice. 

Update: So it seems that a

minor twinge I felt running up the 500th hill might have injured a tendon around my quad/left knee. It doesn’t hurt but has moments of instability and feels pretty tight, so I’ll use the exercise bike tomorrow for some low

key work and some upper body bits. On the plus side, I’m not aiming for weight loss of any kind, but it seems I’ve shifted about 8lbs in the past month which is nice. Especially as (like most) I could stand to eat more consistently.

27 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

What is this and how do you identify them. 

The least amount of attire, or gym shark, combined with makeup, blush is the key. they’re often wannabe influencers as well, at least in hood gyms that shit doesn’t happen. When I workout in Oakland I never encounter it.

There’s an actual ifbb figure pro who works out at this gym and she’s covered basically every time I see her and putting in work, that’s the difference.

19 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

There’s an actual ifbb figure pro who works out at this gym and she’s covered basically

I notice most pros tend to work out pretty covered. Too many scrapes and bumps to not be. I'm no pro but I definitely prefer a long sleeve tight/compression shirt, tucked in under an untucked t shirt, full pants. I like that it helps "keep everything together" so I'm not distracted by skin and flab wiggling around. 

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I notice most pros tend to work out pretty covered. Too many scrapes and bumps to not be. I'm no pro but I definitely prefer a long sleeve tight/compression shirt, tucked in under an untucked t shirt, full pants. I like that it helps "keep everything together" so I'm not distracted by skin and flab wiggling around. 

Warm ups and t-shirts/athletic shirts for my normal workouts.

when I’m in this headspace I’m full blown hoodie to drown out everything around me

• Halal 1

My gfs gym is full of ABGs which is distinct from thots but also has the wannabe influencers too

i don’t understand recording your workouts. Recording a set to check in with your trainer sure but the whole thing, dude nobody cares.

7.7km yesterday after a small knee injury last week. Started my run at 8.40pm which felt late, but it was easy overall. It appears that my plan is working: 

Have a desire to make 10k my new 5K in terms of ease

Enter a race to focus my running

Do the 10k in a few weeks and find out my current ‘easy running time’ 

Focus on getting a sub 48 minute 10k time and enter another race

Job done.

6 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

lol I take Lisinopril for HBP, do ppl take it to regulate the effects of steroids?

There’s a belief that ACE inhibitors when in a caloric deficit enhance body composition. 

Like we take diuretics pre comp to lean out, these are the really dangerous drugs.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve expressed an interest at my rugby club at moving into coaching (now I’m not playing), so I’ve been told they’ll discuss and hopefully I’ll get to complete some coaching qualifications. As I went along, I ended up doing the first session of pre-season which involves: broncos, coat hangers, and suicides. All in all, a beneficial, if tiring evening.

I wasn’t able to go to the Thursday session (if the above) and I’ve been away until today. I did however play tennis with my neighbour for about 80 minutes and it was great fun and got the heart rate going. 10K on Wednesday so I’ll do a short, slow run tomorrow evening then eat all the carbs! 

So, when I started this cycle my goal was to cut, I promptly added 15 lbs and added size, I wasn’t eating to support that which confuses tf outta me. So I’ve abandoned the cut and instead decided to ride this bulk a bit. I’ll cut for my October trip.

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Any suggestions on what to give someone to gain weight who doesn't eat much anymore? I suggested muscle milk for protein shakes because he likes chocolate. He has lost a lot of weight and is down to 114 pounds.

Wait this person currently weighs 114?

Is the issue chewing? Cause I use to blend my food and drink it.

4 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Wait this person currently weighs 114?

Is the issue chewing? Cause I use to blend my food and drink it.

My uncle has dementia, and it has been getting worse for him, unfortunately. Luckily, my aunt has some people coming to help with him. He just keeps losing weight and doesn't eat much anymore. We went and visited him today, and he doesn't know who anybody is anymore.

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

My uncle has dementia, and it has been getting worse for him, unfortunately. Luckily, my aunt has some people coming to help with him. He just keeps losing weight and doesn't eat much anymore. We went and visited him today, and he doesn't know who anybody is anymore.

Ah, that complicates it, meal replacements will be your best bet. You can get a consult with nutrition too if insurance covers it.

• Like 1