Fitness & Nutrition

SuperSpreader

14 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Trying something different for awhile. SlimFast shake for breakfast and sometimes with egg whites, Protein bar for lunch and sensible dinner. Also Multi vitamin daily. 1-2 hrs cardio with exercise bike throughout the day.

Nice job. You keep that up you should shed some serious weight.

Kind of want to train for some kind of event (either marathon, triathlon, big hike) but I feel like I need to get checked over to make sure I’m fit for actually train. As it stands, these things are wrong with me:

Lump on side of knee that is most likely from some kind of impact, but want it checking.

What feels like a hole in my shin, probably from a rugby boot, but again, is it OK.

A cut on my heel, which refuses to heal (it doesn’t help with all the walking, running, and its location on the bottom left), but it would be nice to check.

So essentially I want to know if I’m healthy but don’t have some kind of random cancer or diabetes? That’s where my extremes head off to.

However, as none of them, bar my heel, actual impact on me in any way, I feel almost guilty using up a doctor/nurses time. 

Which of these should I take for maximum testosterone gains? I had my testis checked and they're a bit low, so I browsed the pharmacy a bit while waiting on a prescription.

spacer.png

There was Testosterone Up and Testosterone Up Red

OR

spacer.png

This 'Steel libido' looked promising, I figure a boost in the libido would give a nice boost in testosterone. Thoughts?

19 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

But I already know python /s

what should I be looking for?

A good trainer is going to talk to you about programming while they have you go through workouts.

Theres an actual method to programming and periodization that should be adhered too. Over time you find what works best for you but all my clients got the standard programming metrics to begin with.

he or she should be explaining why you’re starting with  certain exercise, why your cardio parameters changed that day etc. i could get anyone self sufficient in three months.

• Halal 1

On 2/5/2023 at 11:50 PM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

But I already know python /s

what should I be looking for?

Someone who asks questions about your training background, current goals, available timeframes for training, etc.  Someone who can speak competently about different programming models without falling into hyper-complex language - one of the first and biggest red flags that I see are trainers who love resorting to florid and often incomprehensible fitness/anatomical rhetoric, which, as often as not, means that they don't have an appropriate level of understanding to be able to communicate with the average joe starting a training program.  Joel Seedman is a classic example of that, although he sucks for a whole host of other reasons as well.

Just started a new programming model this week, after seeing my lifts starting to plateau off a bit - that, along with the fact that I realized that my work capacity has gone to shit from focusing too heavily on high intensity/low rep work with too little cardio/GPP, made me realize that I'd started chasing weight and losing focus of the bigger picture.

Decided to try running Bromley's Bullmastiff program: powerbuilding program that relies primarily on volumizing as the method for progressive overload.  First workout had 4x6+ (last set AMRAP) back squats, with 3x12 front squats, and 2x15 for leg press/leg extension/low cable row/DB Kroc Rows; Weeks 2 & 3 add a set each for the support exercise (front squat) and isolation movements.  Resistance workouts 4 days/week, and I'll be sprinkling in GPP work for 2-3 days/week to help provide some additional cardio/recovery volume: stuff like KB swings, loaded carries, and prowler push/pull intervals.

• Thanks 1