If you had polio on your 2022 bingo card, mazel tov! update - polio detected in NYC's sewage, suggesting virus is circulating

• 3 weeks later...
1800.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

NEW YORK (AP) — The polio virus has been found in New York City’s wastewater in another sign that the disease, which hadn’t been seen in the U.S. in a decade, is quietly spreading among unvaccinated people, health officials said Friday.

The polio virus has been found in New York City’s wastewater in another sign that the disease, which hadn’t been seen in the U.S. in a decade, is quietly spreading among unvaccinated people, health officials said Friday.

The presence of the poliovirus in the city’s wastewater suggests likely local circulation of the virus, the city and New York state health departments said.

State Health Commissioner Dr. Mary T. Bassett said the detection of poliovirus in wastewater samples in New York City is alarming but not surprising.

“The risk to New Yorkers is real but the defense is so simple — get vaccinated against polio,” New York City Health Commissioner Dr. Ashwin Vasan said in a statement. “With polio circulating in our communities there is simply nothing more essential than vaccinating our children to protect them from this virus, and if you’re an unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated adult, please choose now to get the vaccine. Polio is entirely preventable and its reappearance should be a call to action for all of us.”

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to If you had polio on your 2022 bingo card, mazel tov! update - polio detected in NYC's sewage, suggesting virus is circulating

I can't help but think back to the ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities in NYC that are extremely anti-vaccine. If that isn't where this points to, I'll be surprised. Either that or someone getting a live virus vaccine overseas developed it and spread it. 

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Was gonna post this yesterday but said fuck it. We're making America Great Again!

Unfortunately, this isn't solely restricted to the United States as there are upticks of supposedly "dead" preventable diseases in Europe as well due to increasing levels of vaccine hesitancy.

I'll just come right out and say it: the problem largely rests with First World white people who have long since forgotten what life was like when preventable diseases ran rampant.

• True 3

12 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Unfortunately, this isn't solely restricted to the United States as there are upticks of supposedly "dead" preventable diseases in Europe as well due to increasing levels of vaccine hesitancy.

I'll just come right out and say it: the problem largely rests with First World white people who have long since forgotten what life was like when preventable diseases ran rampant.

They'll just get rid of it with essential oils and a fruit cleanse, the other side of it will just pray it all away.  If that doesn't work then it'll be population control because have you noticed that it seems to target the people who don't get vaccines?  Coincidence? I think not, they're just getting rid of the free thinkers.

9 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

They'll just get rid of it with essential oils and a fruit cleanse, the other side of it will just pray it all away.  If that doesn't work then it'll be population control because have you noticed that it seems to target the people who don't get vaccines?  Coincidence? I think not, they're just getting rid of the free thinkers.

Man, my sister in law is becoming/has become one of these people. Now refuses to further vaccinate her children, and she has one more on the way, and insists that garlic oil is better for her two sons persistent ear infections (where they’ve had to get multiple tubes for them each) than antibiotics. She’s such a shit show. We’ve told her that her and her kids are not welcome around our kids until and unless she’s getting them vaccinated on schedule. Im not even talking about covid shots (which she’s not doing because she got the first one and it “messed up her period timing”) but like tdap and mmr 

• Halal 1

25 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I’d say it’s selection pressure but these are kids who have their vaccinated parents declining vaccination for them.

Also, wanna see ER employees empathy die in real time. Tell us you’re unvaccinated.

36 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Man, my sister in law is becoming/has become one of these people. Now refuses to further vaccinate her children, and she has one more on the way, and insists that garlic oil is better for her two sons persistent ear infections (where they’ve had to get multiple tubes for them each) than antibiotics. She’s such a shit show. We’ve told her that her and her kids are not welcome around our kids until and unless she’s getting them vaccinated on schedule. Im not even talking about covid shots (which she’s not doing because she got the first one and it “messed up her period timing”) but like tdap and mmr 

I have completely cut everyone out of my life that is unvaccinated. So...60-70% of my extended family. Garbage people.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Bubonic plague when?

Well, it never actually went away...

640px-Plague_-buboes.jpg
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Between 1900 and 2015, the United States had 1,036 human plague cases with an average of 9 cases per year. In 2015, 16 people in the Western United States developed plague, including 2 cases in Yosemite National Park.[31] These US cases usually occur in rural northern New Mexico, northern Arizona, southern Colorado, California, southern Oregon, and far western Nevada.

• Sicko Sherman 1