Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

In what way? You travel with like 3 pawns at nearly all times.

But I also love lonely games. Fallout 3 is my favorite Fallout because it had no emphasis on companions and you are just a Lone Wanderer.

But they just seemed like not actual people and idk I guess I didn’t come across much in the way of towns and it felt kinda flat and bland - I think I read the pawns talk now which might help along with the obvious visual boost. 

Well, Pawns kinda talk to you in the first game. "Wolves hunt in packs, Arisen." "Is this your home, Arisen?"

But, yeah, you can't talk to them like they are companions. Always a let down you can't fuck your created pawn. Pawns would make the perfect sex dolls.

But also

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

But they just seemed like not actual people

That's cuz they aren't

Pawns, sometimes referred to as Myrmidons, are denizens of the Rift; lacking emotion and a true will of their own, they follow the Arisen, one who has been chosen by The Dragon.

:p

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Well, Pawns kinda talk to you in the first game. "Wolves hunt in packs, Arisen." "Is this your home, Arisen?"

But, yeah, you can't talk to them like they are companions. Always a let down you can't fuck your created pawn. Pawns would make the perfect sex dolls.

But also

That's cuz they aren't

:p

Well yeah I guess that explains it! Though that’s weird then if they do have personalities now :P Not that I’d complain!

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Well yeah I guess that explains it! Though that’s weird then if they do have personalities now :P Not that I’d complain!

Well, they are like programmable meat puppets that lack an ego. They are "soulless" but aren't entirely devoid of personality and can do some things independently, but will 100% obey and aid their creator as best they can. Them being soulless is somewhat important to the plot of the first game.

Just now, Bacon said:

Well, they are like programmable meat puppets that lack an ego. They are "soulless" but aren't entirely devoid of personality and can do some things independently, but will 100% obey and aid their creator as best they can. Them being soulless is somewhat important to the plot of the first game.

It really does seem like sex would be the entire point of this concept 

• True 1

The parallel world is kind of strange, since the first game made it very clear that you were just exploring one small country in a much larger world. Especially since it seems like all of the characters and everything are different from the first game.

That said, I'm all in for this game.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series, 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: 18 Minutes of Fighter, Thief, Warrior, and Sorcerer Gameplay (IGN First)
11 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I promise you the combat is the ONE thing about this game you won't have to worry about. Combat in the first game was amazing. Elden Ring borrowed a bit from the original game.

Nice because it looks extremely good. I'm definitely excited for it. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series, 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "NVIDIA DLSS 3 & Ray Tracing - Pre-Order" trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series, 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Trickster Vocation Breakdown" video
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series, 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Get To Know The Sphinx" video
  • 2 weeks later...
WWW.IGN.COM

Dragon's Dogma 2 doubles down on everything that was great about the first game, and is complete with bold design choices that made for an unforgettable experience after 10 hours of gameplay. Our full preview.

I thought it’d just be a simple sidequest. The owner of an apothecary enlisted my help to find his lost grandson, who had been taken by wolves. As I followed the trail, I heard a screeching noise from up above. All of a sudden I’m in a battle for my life against a Griffin. It’s a monster that’s far too strong for my party to handle, but we fight and claw and hold our ground until we finally get it to retreat. I breathe a sigh of relief, then set up at the nearby camp and sleep till nightfall. That sleep is interrupted by the same Griffin, back for revenge. That fight somehow boils over into another battle with a Wight, who proceeds to beat me within an inch of my life before I finally take him out, just as the sun rises, after an epic 20-minute battle.

None of this was part of the actual quest involving saving the boy. It was just a series of events that cascaded into one of the most unforgettable encounters I’ve had in an open-world action-RPG. And it was just one of the incredible encounters that I experienced during the 10 hours that I spent adventuring through Dragon’s Dogma 2’s fantastic open world.

• Shocked 1
  • Hype 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series, 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: final preview article/video from IGN
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series, 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Action" trailer

I gotta say, I'm not super interested in this. I'm not getting at launch. Partly because I don't have a method of playing reliably at 60 fps. Kinda miffed that consoles still can't hit 60. Not all too interested in high-fidelity graphics if it can't run at 60fps.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series | 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Action" trailer