Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I was speaking to the guy at the inn and the only thing I could do was manage inventory? 

Maybe it's certain inns? or maybe you're not leveled up enough to upgrade a vocation? I've definitely done it a couple of times. But yeah some Inns you can't stay at or manage inventory which is confusing. There's an Inn in the main town where the only options you get is buy drinks for everyone :p

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Maybe it's certain inns? or maybe you're not leveled up enough to upgrade a vocation? I've definitely done it a couple of times. But yeah some Inns you can't stay at or manage inventory which is confusing. There's an Inn in the main town where the only options you get is buy drinks for everyone :p

The first inn in melve or whatever the guy says many times he is not very busy so he is both the vocation guy and the inn guy. 

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

Well my game froze after I created my pawn. I slept in the inn and then it froze. So I load it back up and I'm in the prison cell. So I have to start all over. :|

Plus, the loading on PS5 is absolutely awful!

It's a known bug from what I've read. Next Gen open world is hard apparently

57 minutes ago, best3444 said:

NEW UPDATE:

PSA: Don't use the 'Load from Last Inn Rest' option in Dragon's Dogma 2 unless you want to risk permanently losing progress...

Uh, what do you mean by this?

You kind of phrase it as it's a bug, but as I understand it, it simply loads whatever save you had when you last rested at an Inn, which isn't going to be very common. Is there a bug or something?

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

You kind of phrase it as it's a bug, but as I understand it, it simply loads whatever save you had when you last rested at an Inn, which isn't going to be very common. Is there a bug or something?

Oh so it isn't a bug? 

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

There’s not, it’s just a common viral story for people who apparently don’t intuitively understand why you’d use that option. 

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

It was a headline on my homepage. I turned on my phone and what I copied was a headline. I guess when choosing between two different save option at the menu choosing the one in the inn could potentially erase all your progress. I'll try to find the article. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The framerate is perfectly fine on PS5. You're crazy to miss out on this. 

I'd totally be getting it for PS5, but I also worry I'd get tilted by the performance. I want it, but can't bring myself to bite atm. I'm hoping I can just stop wanting it lol.

51 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Now I'm confused lol

You're not wrong to post it and the articles aren't wrong in and of themselves, but the meandering nature of every fucking article nowadays as well as the internet just stealing all the shit that everyone posts, it gets confusing about WTF is actually being talked about. In this case, the way that PC gamer article is written as well as some others I've seen, it DOES kind of sound like it's the game somehow "losing" data or whatever, rather than make clear a lot earlier on that it is an option perhaps too easily accessed on the main screen and to just use caution about that and know what it does. 

I assume the load from inn option is there to allow you to just reset to a safe place if you happened to wander off to a really tough area that you're having trouble getting out of / getting in some loop of dying and super frustrated. 

Part of the problem is writers of these articles are like "HYPERBOLIC STATMENT FOR HEADLINE" ----- Lede: Webster's dictionary defines a game save as so and so. Dragon's Dogma is a popular new entry and it has many options. If we can keep you on this page just little longer, we'll get some more ad revenue and you'll eventually get the tiny bit of information that you clicked on the misleading headline for." 

It drives me up a fucking wall. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

The framerate is perfectly fine on PS5. You're crazy to miss out on this. 

See, this is why I hate terms like "perfectly fine" or "runs alright" when performance is easily measured. And as we see from the DF videos, the game dips as low as 20 FPS on the PS5 and has absurdly crazy frame pacing issues on top of not being capped at 30, so the performance swings are even more keenly felt.

It doesn't come down to it being "fine," it comes down to whether you personally care about consistent and smooth performance. If you don't, it won't bother you, but it objectively runs much worse than a standard game.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I'd totally be getting it for PS5, but I also worry I'd get tilted by the performance. I want it, but can't bring myself to bite atm. I'm hoping I can just stop wanting it lol.

Save your money for a better cpu

• Hype 1

16 minutes ago, nublood said:

About an hour in. Still can’t figure out how to heal :monkey:

Greenwarish herbs in your inventory heal if yoy don't have a mage that heals you. The herbs are a basic healing item along with most food and you can craft a bunch of different concoctions and recipes to heal even further.

19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Greenwarish herbs in your inventory heal if yoy don't have a mage that heals you. The herbs are a basic healing item along with most food and you can craft a bunch of different concoctions and recipes to heal even further.

I have healing items but they’re greyed out and I can’t use them. I mixed herbs and made harspud juice or whatever, and still can’t use it.

I guess I just need to pay $1.99 to heal.

ha ha….ha…

yea. 

• Confused 1

Just now, nublood said:

I have healing items but they’re greyed out and I can’t use them. I mixed herbs and made harspud juice or whatever, and still can’t use it.

ha ha….ha…

yea. 

No idea what's going on then.

2 minutes ago, nublood said:

ha ha….ha…

yea. 

If your health bar is greyed out all the way to the bottom you can't heal because you have nothing to heal up.

You will need to camp or sleep at an inn.