Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mentioned this to him a few pages back and he said he would get it on XSX now

Well just on the other page when I posted the character creator he said he'd get it on the PS5 because it looks better than his Xbox. :p

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well just on the other page when I posted the character creator he said he'd get it on the PS5 because it looks better than his Xbox. :p

these things just change so fast

• Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Hype 1

31 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mentioned this to him a few pages back and he said he would get it on XSX now

I'll get it for whatever console runs it the best. PS5 games ultimately look better on my tv so I prefer to play on that. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well he did say that the Xbox version would be the one to get if those kinks aren't ironed out. Too bad you wanted the PS5 version so badly.

:troll:

spacer.png

Ok, I'll keep an eye out for how the Xbox version runs. Thanks

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Ok, I'll keep an eye out for how the Xbox version runs. Thanks

do you have a Tv that supports VRR? They will likely have similar performance, but with VRR you wont feel it as badly on XSX. But if your Tv doesn't support VRR then I don’t know it will make much difference unless the XSX version performs much better than the PS5 version. 

maybe there’s hope that what IGN was showing was a fidelity mode with an uncapped frame rate and you can opt for a performance mode with an uncapped frame rate. Then maybe you can choose that, run the game with a lower resolution and less effects and it stays around 40-50fps. 

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

do you have a Tv that supports VRR? They will likely have similar performance, but with VRR you wont feel it as badly on XSX. But if your Tv doesn't support VRR then I don’t know it will make much difference unless the XSX version performs much better than the PS5 version. 

maybe there’s hope that what IGN was showing was a fidelity mode with an uncapped frame rate and you can opt for a performance mode with an uncapped frame rate. Then maybe you can choose that, run the game with a lower frame rate and less effects and it stays around 40-50fps. 

My tv supports VRR. 

• Halal 1

Okay probably the last character I'll create. I got into putting more tattoos on the characters.

Also spent 17 hours alone in this character creator. Glad I'm getting it out of the way now. I could only imagine everyone asking, "what do you think of the game?" and I would be in the character creator for the first two days. :p

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Sicko 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series | 22 March 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Warfarer Vocation Gameplay Spotlight" video

Could we see them Monday? Or are we talking Wednesday or even Thursday? 

I always wonder about review embargoes. Sometimes it seems like it’s because the publisher wants to hold off what they know will be mixed or poor reviews. While others are to keep outlets from rushing something out to just be first and not fully taking in everything the game has to offer. 

Im leaning towards the latter reason for DD2 from all the previews, unless console performance is going to be a sticking point. 

I keep trying to get into the first game, as I typically like to play through one game before playing the next (fun to compare what's changed/improved/regressed) even though I watched the story via some analysis review years ago. But man... I just can't get into it. I just hate the pawns, I hate how when anything casts a spell it takes a million years (making spellcasters boring as shit by just standing there is the lamest way to go, see Black Desert Online for how to make a caster play like a fucking beast) -- and I'm not even a caster! Just standing there waiting for my pawns to finish some shitty heal spell takes like 5+ seconds for a heal that only restores a certain part of my health bar. Meanwhile I can snack on 500 herbs I picked in a pause menu to heal faster and with less risk. So weird.

But those are just quirks I can deal with. The real problem is I can't get invested in anything. I don't care what any NPC has to say, I don't care about any of these quests, the world feels brown and dead and it's not fun to traverse.

Like, the actual part where I'm fighting, as I said years ago, is good! But it's like wading through a swimming pool filled with pig shit to get to a candy bar.

That said, gonna keep trying. Maybe it'll finally click. Either way, I'm looking forward to the second game regardless, as I assume they've improved a lot since then. Also I hope there's a pugilist class and you can put one pugilist on each side of that Sphinx and speedbag punch her tiddies.

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 11:10 PM, Xbob42 said:

I keep trying to get into the first game, as I typically like to play through one game before playing the next (fun to compare what's changed/improved/regressed) even though I watched the story via some analysis review years ago. But man... I just can't get into it. I just hate the pawns, I hate how when anything casts a spell it takes a million years (making spellcasters boring as shit by just standing there is the lamest way to go, see Black Desert Online for how to make a caster play like a fucking beast) -- and I'm not even a caster! Just standing there waiting for my pawns to finish some shitty heal spell takes like 5+ seconds for a heal that only restores a certain part of my health bar. Meanwhile I can snack on 500 herbs I picked in a pause menu to heal faster and with less risk. So weird.

But those are just quirks I can deal with. The real problem is I can't get invested in anything. I don't care what any NPC has to say, I don't care about any of these quests, the world feels brown and dead and it's not fun to traverse.

Like, the actual part where I'm fighting, as I said years ago, is good! But it's like wading through a swimming pool filled with pig shit to get to a candy bar.

That said, gonna keep trying. Maybe it'll finally click. Either way, I'm looking forward to the second game regardless, as I assume they've improved a lot since then. Also I hope there's a pugilist class and you can put one pugilist on each side of that Sphinx and speedbag punch her tiddies.

This echos a lot of how I felt too. I tried three separate times and I had my moments where I really liked what I was doing, but overall I wasn’t invested in the rest of the game. 

I told myself I wasn’t gonna get pulled in to 2’s hype… I figure I’ll get it when it’s cheap.  But all the footage I see looks really fun. We’ll see how it’s received and go from there.