The south sucks

Fizzzzle

I should preface this by saying I don't regret living here. I love it here, so far. I love it when things are dirty and lawless, that's where I thrive.

But dear lord, if you're from a part of the country like New England or the west coast where things mostly function properly to the point where you just kind of forget about it, moving to the south can be a bit of culture shock. Roads? Haven't been repaved since 1955. Stores within walking distance that carry anything other than twinkies and beer? I don't even know what you're talking about. Amazon 2 day prime shipping? Silly goose, you meant FIVE day shipping. Also strengthen up those forearms if you want to ride a bike because the pot holes wouldn't be out of place in Verdun.

I have a working theory that it's because the rural South actively opposes anything that could ever benefit a city dweller, even if it hurts them, too. 'i will cut off my nose to fuck myself in the ass with it" I'm pretty sure is how that goes

8 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Where are you? Because I don’t have most of those issues in my city. 

Roads can definitely be an issues, but I also hated the damn roads when we drove them in New England last year. 

To be fair, Louisiana is like next-level corrupt when it comes to anything infrastructure releated, so it's not necessarily a fair comparison.

21 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

To be fair, Louisiana is like next-level corrupt when it comes to anything infrastructure releated, so it's not necessarily a fair comparison.

Louisiana isn’t Deep South. That’s crazy Cajun country. Down here we would have held you down and used finger nail polish remover on your soy boi ass. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foosh said:

im not in the deep south but Texas is very different from Washington State and California lol. 

Back when I was in Georgia I was so weirded out my people praying in public at first. Obviously religion exists on the west coast, but it's mostly behind closed doors. 

And then there's New Orleans, which I feel like barely counts as the south in terms of religion, and not just because it's ostensibly Catholic. Then again, I work at a gay night club and live in Treme so my view of things might be slightly askew.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Imagine being weirded out by people praying. 

I suppose that's a bad phrase to use, as it does not make me uncomfortable or anything. It's just like "wait, what? People do that?"

My family like says grace before Thanksgiving dinner as tradition, but praying in public is not a thing on the west coast. I never even knew how to pray until I was in my 20's. Turns out there's not much to it. Just put your hands together and talk to jeebus

49 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Yes! Two years ago I hit a pothole that caused $5k in damages, city of course wouldn't pay for it.

Good luck yea. I parked in a municipal lot and the street lamp above my car's lamp assembly crushed my roof because they forgot to tighten it earlier. They investigated themselves and then decided to rule it an "Act of God".

Lol I guess...? Fucking gangsters the lot of em.

@CastlevaniaNut18 is correct. It's Matthew 6.

“Be careful that you don’t practice your religion in front of people to draw their attention. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

2 “Whenever you give to the poor, don’t blow your trumpet as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets so that they may get praise from people. I assure you, that’s the only reward they’ll get. 3 But when you give to the poor, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing 4 so that you may give to the poor in secret. Your Father who sees what you do in secret will reward you.

5 “When you pray, don’t be like hypocrites. They love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners so that people will see them. I assure you, that’s the only reward they’ll get. 6 But when you pray, go to your room, shut the door, and pray to your Father who is present in that secret place. Your Father who sees what you do in secret will reward you.

Faith in God is supposed to be something that lives inside of you, not something overt. If anything, CNut did it correctly and they were fooling themselves. If you have a problem with that, argue with the Bible.

• Thanks 1