Need help getting a PS5

eventide11

49 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

What are the best ways to find one of these bastards? Discord? I don't apparently posses the patience or skills I once had to get a new, stupidly in demand anything. If anyone on here has one for sale I'd be glad to go that route as well 

NowInStock.com  and check your local Target inventory every morning before they open.  

I followed wario64 and sololinks on twitter. I turned on to receive all notifications from them. It sucked with the amount of notifications I was getting, but during the rush last year at launch I got 3 PS5 and 8-9 XSX. Gave them all to friends and family at cost. Lots of smiling faces on Christmas morning. 

one thing that is super important for any method everyone is listing in here: make sure you have an account created at every retailer, including credit card and shipping all filled out and ready to go. Also!! Make sure youre logged into these sites already. download the retailer app on your phone and have them open in the browser. If you first have to log in, enter payment or shipping info, its over. Youre done. So be on top of your logins and make sure they are active. 

retailers:

best buy

target

wal-mart

B&H

PC Richard

Gamestop

Amazon

Newegg

Antonline

costco

bjs

Sams club

• Thanks 1

Why do you want a PS5 now, if I may ask? The console seems to be following the typical PlayStation route of not really being worth the money you pay for it until years later.

Relax, get a PS5 in 2023 when the price drops and the actual good (exclusive) games come out for it.

*says the guy that already owns a PS5 since 2020

• True 1

43 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Why do you want a PS5 now, if I may ask? The console seems to be following the typical PlayStation route of not really being worth the money you pay for it until years later.

Relax, get a PS5 in 2023 when the price drops and the actual good (exclusive) games come out for it.

I feel the same way about the PS5. If I had a chance to walk into gamestop and trade in my old consoles for it I'd do it now though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

All I play on my PS5 is Call of Duty.  Next year it will be great playing Gran Turismo 7 and Elden Ring. But mostly everything is either a Remaster or a Directors Cut.  Which I have already played on my PS4 Pro.  That being said I'm glad I was lucky enough to snag one in December and don't have to worry about trying to locate one every day. Other than Battlefield 2042 there isn't much I'm interested in on the PS5.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

All I play on my PS5 is Call of Duty.  Next year it will be great playing Gran Turismo 7 and Elden Ring. But mostly everything is either a Remaster or a Directors Cut.  Which I have already played on my PS4 Pro.  That being said I'm glad I was lucky enough to snag one in December and don't have to worry about trying to locate one every day. Other than Battlefield 2042 there isn't much I'm interested in on the PS5.

I still haven't had any luck. Hotspot gives me notifications when a store has one but within milliseconds they're gone. I mean I don't even have time to click and open whatever store it's available at and poof.. Gone. Not in the cards for me I guess until theyre walk in available. I just don't have it in me anymore to jump through all the hoops like i used to. Life is just too much for that for my old ass. 

14 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I still haven't had any luck. Hotspot gives me notifications when a store has one but within milliseconds they're gone. I mean I don't even have time to click and open whatever store it's available at and poof.. Gone. Not in the cards for me I guess until theyre walk in available. I just don't have it in me anymore to jump through all the hoops like i used to. Life is just too much for that for my old ass. 

Check local Targets thru the app. They are pretty accurate and keep hitting the pick up button. Good luck bruh. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 11:25 PM, HardAct said:

I have ZERO chance of scoring a PS5 unless I can just go in a store and buy one. I can't do the notification, open 8 tabs, be logged in, check every few minutes, have my phone right next to me, etc. 

I can't either it seems. I'm not as fortunate or resilient to pursue a new console like i used to be. And time to keep checking my phone is definitely not in the cards with my job. If anyone on here has one to sell or knows someone let me know and we can go from there. 

SUCKS but it is what it is.

I didn't mind this time around not having the consoles day one as life and it's cruel ways managed to keep us on our toes for the last 3 years and keeps kicking our asses at a pretty steady rate too. Try very hard not to complain as we have so very much to be grateful for, but we are still along ways from where we were Pre 2018's California Camp fire. A whole year in though and I'm kind'a really starting to want one. Glad to have the Series X and I will not fuel the Scalpers wallets buy over paying for any of these items, I mean maybe a bundle option or something of that sort. Glad that 2021 is behind us but this Virus isn't going anywhere, this chip shortage isn't going anywhere, the demand for these Consoles & Graphics cards aren't going anywhere, etc, etc!!

So those of you that seem to be telling us that it's easy to get a PS5 plz put your money where your mouths are and help us out. I'll throw in little somethin somethin, but not paying more than an extra 50bucks for a Brand new sealed PS5, what's another 365 days anyways....:hmm:

6 hours ago, HardAct said:

SUCKS but it is what it is.

I didn't mind this time around not having the consoles day one as life and it's cruel ways managed to keep us on our toes for the last 3 years and keeps kicking our asses at a pretty steady rate too. Try very hard not to complain as we have so very much to be grateful for, but we are still along ways from where we were Pre 2018's California Camp fire. A whole year in though and I'm kind'a really starting to want one. Glad to have the Series X and I will not fuel the Scalpers wallets buy over paying for any of these items, I mean maybe a bundle option or something of that sort. Glad that 2021 is behind us but this Virus isn't going anywhere, this chip shortage isn't going anywhere, the demand for these Consoles & Graphics cards aren't going anywhere, etc, etc!!

So those of you that seem to be telling us that it's easy to get a PS5 plz put your money where your mouths are and help us out. I'll throw in little somethin somethin, but not paying more than an extra 50bucks for a Brand new sealed PS5, what's another 365 days anyways....:hmm:

@SaysWho?tell him how EzPz it is. 

I did my daily intense extremely time consuming and mentally taxing hardcore hunt for the elusive PS5 again today! Woke up, turned on PC opened BestBuy typed PS5 and SOLD OUT, opened up Amazon typed PS5 and SOLD OUT!! This is impossible, maybe tomorrow . . . . . lol 

• Sad 1