Is my house haunted?

DarkStar189

This morning I woke up suddenly. Felt like somebody just slapped my shoulder. Very little light in the room other than what the alarm clock gives off. Clock said 5:30am. Within that second or two of opening my eyes, I thought I saw a hand or arm moving away and I'm like "what?" to my wife beside me. My eyes focused and she was laying rolled over the opposite direction totally asleep. Her arm wouldn't even have been able to hit me from the angle she was laying. It freaked me out and took me a while to get back to sleep. 

At breakfast this morning my 7 year old daughter says "I woke up right at 5:30 this morning wide awake. Had trouble getting back to bed".  I hadn't mentioned my story at all. The kids bedrooms are on the 2nd floor of the house while the master bedroom is on the first floor. No way she could have heard me.  Obviously haunted right? 

• Shocked 1

Living in a haunted house would be fucking rad, as long as the spirits or whatever you call them don't do that whole possession thing. Killing your family is no bueno.

Real talk, though, I don't believe in ghosts, HOWEVER there was one time I went to a place called Fort Stevens, which is an old fort on the mouth of the Columbia. Me and a bunch of people went camping there. We got a guided tour of the actual fort, and I remember walking by this ventilation shaft that went down to the bunker/basement, and me and my friend could have sworn we heard yelling from down the shaft. We mentioned it to our guide and he was like "there's no one down there." Then, that night, me and that same friend had the same dream about a guy standing outside our tent, and it was one of the most restless nights I've ever had.

Ghosts? I'm assuming not, but it was pretty fucking creepy.

Anyone else have ghost stories?

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Living in a haunted house would be fucking rad, as long as the spirits or whatever you call them don't do that whole possession thing. Killing your family is no bueno.

Real talk, though, I don't believe in ghosts, HOWEVER there was one time I went to a place called Fort Stevens, which is an old fort on the mouth of the Columbia. Me and a bunch of people went camping there. We got a guided tour of the actual fort, and I remember walking by this ventilation shaft that went down to the bunker/basement, and me and my friend could have sworn we heard yelling from down the shaft. We mentioned it to our guide and he was like "there's no one down there." Then, that night, me and that same friend had the same dream about a guy standing outside our tent, and it was one of the most restless nights I've ever had.

Ghosts? I'm assuming not, but it was pretty fucking creepy.

Anyone else have ghost stories?

I think maybe the tour guide was in on it and they play a sound down there.

I have a spirit in my house I’m pretty sure. I was woken up one night because I had an older male presence laugh loudly in my ear. It scared the shit out of me, woke right up and no one came/left my room. Never happen again to me BUT my sister and I swapped bedrooms, and a few months later, she had the exact same laugh in her ear happen too. Haven’t ahead anything since I believe but will notice my dogs just randomly look up the stairs to nothing. . . or so I hope. My theatre I use to work at was for damn sure haunted and some weird stuff happen man. Like shadows in my projection booth that walked in front of my platter system and not break form, hearing my name randomly called out, my theatre GM always felt weird where most of the activity occurred. mNy sister saw a man at the top of theatre and asked him to wait outside until after they cleaned the theatre. She said he was at the top of the theatre seating area, turned a sec to grab a garbage bag and he was completely gone. Again same area most of my activity would occur around and area that freaked out my GM. Between theatres 5-8 this happened, which also happen to be the side that my theatre had added another 4 theatres onto, and beside my local hydro electric building too. So I mean, it was all pretty much there for this setup to happen.

• Like 1

How long have you lived in this home?

Ive seen ghost. I worked in a super haunted building and had multiple episodes with spirits. I do believe some people are more in tune with their surroundings then others. When I had my first encounter with a ghost at said building the owner laughed and said come here after hours if you really want to see some shit. I never took him up on the offer. 

• Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Ive seen ghost. I worked in a super haunted building and had multiple episodes with spirits. I do believe some people are more in tune with their surroundings then others. When I had my first encounter with a ghost at said building the owner laughed and said come here after hours if you really want to see some shit. I never took him up on the offer. 

I believe in ghost/spirits too but it scares the shit out of me. 

38 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

all my life (sadly) So that would be 39 years and we weren’t the first owners of the place. We haven’t experienced anything at home since (funny enough) we left the movie theatre for new jobs. Although since my father passed away almost 7 years ago, we the family get random whiffs of cigarette smoke here and there in the house. My dad was a smoker and smell like his brand, but he gave them up after his cancer diagnosis 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I believe in ghost/spirits too but it scares the shit out of me. 

The more you're around it the easier it gets. I never felt in danger. The only times I got freaked out was when I saw a full body person in drab older style suit walk into an elevator and disappear. I was alone in the building. Other time was first night in my old apartment and a beer can went flying off the counter and across the kitchen. This was 2am ish and no I wasn't that drunk lol   

The beer can and some other stuff I like to chalk up to friends of mine that have passed on just fucking with me. It used to make me feel closer to them, like they were still around. I know weird. I lost a lot of friends at a young age to cancer, drugs, gang shit, etc. 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

The more you're around it the easier it gets. I never felt in danger. The only times I got freaked out was when I saw a full body person in drab older style suit walk into an elevator and disappear. I was alone in the building. Other time was first night in my old apartment and a beer can went flying off the counter and across the kitchen. This was 2am ish and no I wasn't that drunk lol   

Jesus that's terrifying 😳 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Jesus that's terrifying 😳 

My favorite is on the top floor of this building is where the 3 executives sat and the phone operator. The operator was very eccentric and wore a ton of make up and most people avoided her. On Saturdays the floor would be empty minus her because Saturday was their big $$$$ day. So I would visit and say hello during my rounds. The one morning I'm talking to her and I hear 3-4 men's voices talking but it sounds like gibberish and distant. A few minutes go by and now it's getting louder. I finally interrupted her talking and asked who the hell is in the back offices talking. She says no one. I said ok but I hear a full conversation going on. She says oh yeah, they always do that. I said who!!!! She said I don't know beats me, I've never seen them 😂😂😂. I never visited again

• Haha 1