Is my house haunted?

DarkStar189

8 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Ghosts aren’t real and we should all really fucking hope that’s true because an eternity in a lake of fire sounds better than being stuck forever in the building I died in occasionally being able to confuse/inconvenience people on a rare occasion.  

Yeah, it is really horrifying if you think about it from like an existential perspective. 

I don't believe in any kind of afterlife in general, but if it did exist, would becoming a ghost be a choice? Do some people just choose to "stay behind" as it were, for all eternity, forever suffering in loneliness? Is it NOT a choice? Do some people just become a ghost regardless of what they want or deserve? Like you hear all the ghost stories about "this person was bludgeoned to death for protecting their children against the cookie monster" or whatever and they get rewarded for that by having to spend the rest of eternity in that building, all alone, reliving that moment over and over again?

No matter which way you look at it, ghosts are horrifying. Not because they're scary, but the idea that it could happen to me some day. I'd rather run my balls through a salad shooter.

IF what we think of as "ghosts" are real (which I don't), I would think it much more likely that they're some sort of phenomenon of something like a window to another dimension/universe/etc, not figments of our past manifesting for all eternity.

37 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Ghosts aren’t real and we should all really fucking hope that’s true because an eternity in a lake of fire sounds better than being stuck forever in the building I died in occasionally being able to confuse/inconvenience people on a rare occasion.  

Only spirits who haven't resolved something are the ones who stick around.

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Yeah, it is really horrifying if you think about it from like an existential perspective. 

I don't believe in any kind of afterlife in general, but if it did exist, would becoming a ghost be a choice? Do some people just choose to "stay behind" as it were, for all eternity, forever suffering in loneliness? Is it NOT a choice? Do some people just become a ghost regardless of what they want or deserve? Like you hear all the ghost stories about "this person was bludgeoned to death for protecting their children against the cookie monster" or whatever and they get rewarded for that by having to spend the rest of eternity in that building, all alone, reliving that moment over and over again?

No matter which way you look at it, ghosts are horrifying. Not because they're scary, but the idea that it could happen to me some day. I'd rather run my balls through a salad shooter.

IF what we think of as "ghosts" are real (which I don't), I would think it much more likely that they're some sort of phenomenon of something like a window to another dimension/universe/etc, not figments of our past manifesting for all eternity.

You drinking again? I'm only kidding and hope you're recovery is going well.

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

You drinking again? I'm only kidding and hope you're recovery is going well.

One drink here and there after work. I stopped drinking at home, though, or going out on my days off. We'll see how it goes and if things go off the rails again. The hard reset seemed to have helped a lot.

I'm smoking a lot more cigarettes now, though, so... I guess there's always something.

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

One drink here and there after work. I stopped drinking at home, though, or going out on my days off. We'll see how it goes and if things go off the rails again. The hard reset seemed to have helped a lot.

I'm smoking a lot more cigarettes now, though, so... I guess there's always something.

I had to completely stop drinking when I decided to do it. I couldn't do what you're doing with a drink here and there. Imo, that just proves you're not an alcoholic.

The smoking thing is extremely difficult. I have no advice for you on that. 

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Your liver will be okay but your lungs are fucked.