Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th. CaAARrTS!! *TR, Rise, Shadow w/ all dlc*

crispy4000

Epic-Games-Store-CHristmas.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

It's claimed the promotion will kick off next week with Shenmue 3…

3rd year in a row.  :sun:

Line-up for past years:

1. December 17 — Cities: Skylines
  2. December 18 — Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
  3. December 19 — The Long Dark
  4. December 20 — Defence Grid: The Awakening
  5. December 21 — Alien: Isolation
  6. December 22 — Metro: 2033 Redux
  7. December 23 — Tropico 5
  8. December 24 — Inside
  9. December 25 — Darkest Dungeon
  10. December 26 — My Time At Portia 
  11. December 27 — Night in the Woods
  12. December 28 — Stranded Deep
  13. December 29 — Solitairica
  14. December 30 — Torchlight II
  15. December 31 — Jurassic World Evolution

• December 19 – Into the Breach
  • December 20 – Towerfall Ascension
  • December 21 – Superhot
  • December 22 – Little Inferno
  • December 23 – Ape Out
  • December 24 – Celeste
  • December 25 – Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (TABS)
  • December 26 – Faster Than Light
  • December 27 – Hyper Light Drifter
  • December 28 – Shadow Tactics
  • December 29 – The Talos Principle
  • December 30 – Hello Neighbor 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th, first game rumored to be Shenmue III, update: CART functionality FINALLY added to the EGS!

The store deals are actually pretty nuts this year.  

Death’s Door for $5.

Spiritfarer for $5.
Inscryption for $6.
Hades for $6.
Sable for $7.
Jedi Fallen Order Deluxe for $7.50.
Disco Elysium for $8. 

Axiom Verge 2 for $8.

Forgotten City for $9.

THPS1-2 for $10.

Death Stranding for $11.

Immortals for $14.

Horizon for $15.

Kena for $20.
Guardians for $28.

And a lot more…

I’ll wait for giveaways and the Steam sale, but I could see myself picking up something here.

• Like 1

• crispy4000 changed the title to Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th, first game is Shenmue III. CaAARrTS!!
  • crispy4000 changed the title to Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th. CaAARrTS!! *Neon Abyss*

I canceled my original order after reading FF7RPC is a bust and it kept the coupon somehow and locked me out of the sale. Luckily I found I could click “coupon details” at check out which showed me that order and let me release it. Weird. Guess all this cart stuff is new.

Anyway I nabbed Mafia DE, Crysis 2 Remastered, Alan Wake Remastered, Tony Hawk 1+2, and Sonic Colors Ultimate for $60, pretty happy with that deal. 

Also just realized all 5 games I picked are remasters but that makes sense since I wait more on remasters if I already played the original, though I’ve never played Mafia or Colors. I now own THPS on ps5, switch, and pc! I just got it for $20 on switch too, already 100%’d it on ps5, can always use an excuse to do it again.

FF7 Remake on PC seems fine to me. Seems to get a little bit of stutter every once in a while during rapid scene transitions, which kind of sucks, but gameplay has been a buttery smooth 4k/120 for me at max settings. Dunno what the fuck was going on with Digital Foundry's PC where they couldn't get it to hold 60, but I'd be the first bitching at the gates about a shitty port.

Also, the game feels tremendously better to play at 120 FPS. I can actually track everything happening in a battle effortlessly now.

59 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

FF7 Remake on PC seems fine to me. Seems to get a little bit of stutter every once in a while during rapid scene transitions, which kind of sucks, but gameplay has been a buttery smooth 4k/120 for me at max settings. Dunno what the fuck was going on with Digital Foundry's PC where they couldn't get it to hold 60, but I'd be the first bitching at the gates about a shitty port.

Also, the game feels tremendously better to play at 120 FPS. I can actually track everything happening in a battle effortlessly now.

I read that frame monitors aren’t detecting fps correctly and it’s actually all over the place, it’s also using drs so likely scaling below 4k for the “120”. Def gonna wait for patches or just play on ps5 60fps mode.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I read that frame monitors aren’t detecting fps correctly and it’s actually all over the place, it’s also using drs so likely scaling below 4k for the “120”. Def gonna wait for patches or just play on ps5 60fps mode.

I don't need an FPS monitor to know what 120 FPS looks like. It looks significantly clearer and smoother than PS5's 60 FPS mode.