Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th. CaAARrTS!! *TR, Rise, Shadow w/ all dlc*

crispy4000

2 hours ago, elbobo said:

I'm going to be very blunt here if you do not own Disco Elysium and you pass on it for only $8 you are a fucking idiot. 

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Same goes for Inscryption. 

$5 is my limit on indies like that, tbh.  They’ll show up in Humble Choice/Amazon/EGS freebies within a year.

Last year I ended up buying Journey to the Savage planet for $5 on EGS.  The Amazon giveaway this year included all the DLC.  So I’m actually glad I didn’t play the game I bought.

On 12/17/2021 at 3:51 PM, Xbob42 said:

I don't need an FPS monitor to know what 120 FPS looks like. It looks significantly clearer and smoother than PS5's 60 FPS mode.

What is your PC setup? Really curious because it was planning to give the game a shot, but then decided to wait until it wasn't shitty. I might still wait since it'll likely just get cheaper, but I also have a bunch of holiday time coming up.

5 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

What is your PC setup? Really curious because it was planning to give the game a shot, but then decided to wait until it wasn't shitty. I might still wait since it'll likely just get cheaper, but I also have a bunch of holiday time coming up.

3080/3900x, running the game off an SSD of course.

Although... I'm curious about something. When I attempted to launch the game for the first time, it insisted I needed a specific 2015 version of the Microsoft Visual Studio redistributable, which for some reason wasn't included with the game. I had several installed already, including the most recent and two that were "2015-2021" or something to that effect. I first had to uninstall the ones that said 2015 before I could actually properly install the 2015 version that FF7R actually wanted.

After that, the game booted up just fine and as I said, it runs very, very smooth for the most part. It seems to stutter somewhat on really big cutscenes that happen during combat, which sucks but that bothers me a lot less than stutters during actual gameplay. A patch would definitely be appreciated, as stuttering at all really annoys me, I swear at this point I can "feel" the stutter in my eyes it bothers me so much.

Anyway, I bring this up because based on the completely different performance the Digital Foundry boy(s) seemed to be getting, I wonder if this is a case where something strange like the redistributable not being the correct version would somehow cause massive performance issues on some machines.

• Thanks 1

• crispy4000 changed the title to Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th. CaAARrTS!! *The Vanishing of Ethan Carter*
  • crispy4000 changed the title to Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th. CaAARrTS!! *Loop Hero*
31 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Yeah I'm super excited about this one! Might have to grab some of those games on sale too but damn them for not working with the coupon 😕

I’m hoping Disco is on the list because I want it on deck but don’t feel like buying it early!

• crispy4000 changed the title to Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th. CaAARrTS!! *Second Extinction*
  • crispy4000 changed the title to Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th. CaAARrTS!! *Mutant Year Zero*
  • crispy4000 changed the title to Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th. CaAARrTS!! *Vampyr*
12 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Practically a guarantee.  I'm looking forward to trying Humankind.

I'm glad this one is going to be free... I just don't see why they didn't do Endless Legend 2 instead.

10 hours ago, stepee said:

Vampyr is a fantastic game!

I was interested it's good to hear that it is!

• crispy4000 changed the title to Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th. CaAARrTS!! *Pathfinder: Kingmaker*
15 minutes ago, Raggit said:

Apparently their service going down can affect your ability to play the games on the Epic Games Launcher.

It’s the publisher’s choice, to be fair.  But always-on DRM is terrible.

On the positive, many of the free games they’ve given out are entirely DRM free.

• crispy4000 changed the title to Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th. CaAARrTS!! *Prey + Mooncrash DLC*
  • crispy4000 changed the title to Epic giving away 15 games Dec 16-30th. CaAARrTS!! *Control* (w/o dlc)